Sign in to follow this  
gsbellew

Few nasty surprises when stripping my C's interior

look at it this way - you only paid for one car but you got 4! :lol:

Ah that one almost made me fall off my chair.... gotta look on te bright side ;)

PMSL @ gradeAfailure :lol:

I said something similar to the Mrs about getting good value for money the other night, she didnt see the funny side, could be something to do with me filling up the spare room with Corrado parts, her fault for wanting a house without a garage :p

@ quicky1980, the whole underside has been re-sealed at some point so its hard to tell, although the re-sealing should have been a giveaway, and the panel gaps, the seller claims he had no idea there was anything wrong with it, even after I sent him pictures he was saying it didnt prove it was a cut and shut :roll:

He also did not see the relevance of mentioning that its boot floor had been replaced and that the car was a different colour under the silver paint in places.

The brake lines have also been cut and joined:

STP60257.jpg

STP60256.jpg

I had intended using it for a while before breaking it, thank feck I looked it over first.

You have PM GS, looks like it was the first owner that totalled it and had it rebuilt and then re-registered in '95

You have PM GS, looks like it was the first owner that totalled it and had it rebuilt and then re-registered in '95

So it's been driving round like that for the last 11yrs?!?! :shock:

Here are the details the DVLA have on it, if anyone can make sense of them:

Date of Liability 30 10 1995

Date of First Registration 13 11 1990

Year of Manufacture 1990

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1781CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour SILVER

Holy Sh1t GS, the state if that thing! Good thing you didn't turn this into your daily driver! I hope you can make your money back on the bits your selling, take the sting out of the bad shell.

That's bloody scary,

I bought a MK2 Flog GTI last year off fleabay,spent a couple of hundred quid sorting it out then fitted a replacement speedo binnacle cos it kept clicking round 10k every mile or so!

Anyway, thought i'd hpi to see what the true mileage was - it came up as a Cat B writeoff!

I checked the car over and could find absolutely nothing wrong with it, all the numbers etc were as they should be no creases or dodgy welding..

The worse part? I had managed to get a New V5,MOT it, Tax it and insure it without so much as a question asked by anyone!

Surely if it was a writeoff it should be flagged up somewhere along the line?

Cheers for that Yandards, should I post it up here for reference?

Yeah you might as well, maybe someone can shed some more light on the info.

Hmmm - I knew it must have been a while ago to have been worth all the work - however bad it was it still looked fine from the outside, suprised it wasn't in the first couple of years really....

11 years is still scary tho - when it's all stripped it would be interesting to get some old suspension and wheels on there and do a 'crash test' - maybe call top gear or something!

HPI type check courtesy of Yandards

Vehicle description

Make: VOLKSWAGEN Year of Manufacture: 1990

Model: CORRADO 16V First registered: 13/11/1990

Colour: SILVER Previous keepers: 2

Engine (CC): 1781 Date keeper changed: 10/07/1998

Door plan: Coupe Fuel type: Petrol

Engine number: KR148810

Vehicle status

Problems checked Results found

Police stolen Not recorded as stolen, by the police

Outstanding finance Not recorded as having outstanding finance

Insurance write-off Not recorded as a write-off

Insurance theft Not recorded by insurers as a theft

Security Not recorded on our security register

Plate transfer history Plate transfers recorded

Our records show that one or more number plate transfers has been recorded. The current plate was transferred to this vehicle on 20/03/1996. Contact the seller for more details

H20SSS was applied to this vehicle on 13/11/1990

This VRM has been recorded as being written-off

The insurance write-off was recorded on 09/10/1995 against a VOLKSWAGENCORRADO

This VRM has been recorded as being written-off

The insurance write-off was recorded on 31/07/2006 against a VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO V

Mileage Check No mileage discrepancy is indicated by data currently held on NMR

Note: However this does not take into account any mileage supplied to eBay by the seller.

Valuation £1,090 Average mileage assumed

This guide valuation is for a vehicle of this make and model with average mileage and condition for its age bought from a dealer.

If you Paypal'd him the cash you should at least put in a claim for unworthy goods.....

Is there much point in that, he is saying return it for a refund minus shipping and ebay / paypal expenses or break it and he will make up the difference if I loose money on it.

With a paypal claim would I not end up returning it at my expense, thus end up out of pocket?

Not sure what Paypal would make out of it really... most of the time they're asses about everything. At least if the seller is being nice about things you can tell him if you make a loss.

Although the fact that he might suddenly forget he said that later on is always a possibility....

Gearoid, i told ya to look under the carpet when you told me about the late boot floor.

I got stung with one on here ages ago too, a 1992 G60, it was a total loss in 1994, t boned.

It drove fine and was done ok, it got a second hand quartewr panel and was rusting where it was joined, the inner sill was in a state too so i scrapped it!

There are lots of dodgy people out there!

This was a low enough milage car too, with some you have to ask why such low milage, thats why i nearly prefer a highrt milage car.

Best thing to happen the car is to be scrapped

Damn!!! Those pics are shocking :shock: :shock:

Fancy driving that about all those years, talk about playing with a loaded gun!!

This is exactly why you should always assume the worst when buying a car. Surprised it had only 2 owners though!

he is saying return it for a refund minus shipping and ebay / paypal expenses or break it and he will make up the difference if I loose money on it.

At least he's being pretty good about it...now.

So It's been written off on it's private plate, hastily repaired and put back onto it's Original???? Sneaky that eh?

why not shaft him if he said you strip it and then he will make up the difference.... just don't tell him how much you really got for all the parts... he did it to you!! :evil: :mrgreen: :evil:

Year of Manufacture 1990

Fuel Type Petrol

Vehicle Colour SILVER

Something strange going on!

Date of Liability means when the car TAX is due, So the car hasn't been TAX'd since 1995.......

The saga continues!

Year of Manufacture 1990

Fuel Type Petrol

Vehicle Colour SILVER

Something strange going on!

Date of Liability means when the car TAX is due, So the car hasn't been TAX'd since 1995.......

The saga continues!

Interesting, wasnt sure what Liability meant, cheers :)

New pic: nice two tone paint job.

STP60310.jpg