Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

Wrote of my G60 last night. 2nd offer from insurance -page 3

:cry:

Yes my perfect car has gone. Hit some mud on country back Rd last evening. Car spun and went backward into a tree. She is bent.

:cry:

Gutted I am all my work gone in afew seconds. 6 month rebuild. Only on the Rd from June this year.

Front end is perfect so engine n running gear is fine. Car still drives of a fashion Lol.

Up very early this morning. I'm aching real bad. Head took a hit somewhere in the moment and shoulder is killing I guess from the belt.

Oh I fitted the spacesaver after the moment. Rear arch was crushed against the wheel. Spun off the 17 and dropped that onto give it some turning ability.

So will be looking for a new Corrado very soon.

Belive I'm not. I am gutted. Totally gutted. My mate just said smile its a Kodak moment. 1 for the fridge magnet.

No not pleased at all. To much work went in to her. All gone. Stillblinding 1.9 engine with rebuilt head, rebuilt charger and all new main bearings in the gearbox.

Do I get a 60 again or a VR??

Car will never be repaired. Not a chance.

Looks like it'll polish out ...

Someone had to say it I suppose :roll:

That looks like a nasty one matey, I know it's a cliche, but as long as no-one's seriously injured you can count your blessings with an accident as bad as that.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do next ( personally, i'd get the engine/running gear into another shell )

Looks like it'll polish out ...

Someone had to say it I suppose :roll:

At least I got it over with quickly ..

T-cut...? Sorry, ill get me coat.

Sorry to hear, and see all your hard work has been undone, but on the plus side, the engine is all good, so can ne swapped surely?

Sorry to hear that mate, know its not a great feeling. AS Nick says though, at least you'll be able to swap alot of the good bits over to a good cheap shell with knackard engine.

How fast do you recon you hit? Surprised the rear wing has buckled like that.

Totally gutted for you mate :(

Just make sure you can buy it back off the insurance comapny and get another G. drop your engine into it and you'll have a spare too. At least you could recoup some money if you then break it!

Yeah I am def having it back. Had it dropped of at my uncles farm last night. Didn't even pay for the pick up. The company use my uncles place to repair all their hydraulics. He is a farmer who does not farm any more. Just repairs big Cat diesels and the like.

So car stored for as long as I want. Def gonna get a spare or repair rado and drop the guts in. Just gutted really after a 6 month rebuild it was wicked to drive.

I reckon I hit teh tree at 50 the just spun in the Rd hit a load of mud so I was just a passenger really.

As for T cut n polish.....Yes mates were laughing last night. Bit of body filler and it'll be fine :lol:

Cheers all such is life now to rebuild another C????

ooohhhh, if i knew that was your reg number before, i would have warned you to be careful!!! i wrote my last g60 off (grey one below) and the reg on that was J*** RPF. everyone else be warned!! the only memento i got from that car was the g60 grille badge which was sitting at my feet as i sat on the kerb crying!! (which incidentally is now on my new G60.... :oops:) good to see you can smile about it tho, i was really hacked off for weeks!!

ooohhhh, if i knew that was your reg number before, i would have warned you to be careful!!! i wrote my last g60 off (grey one below) and the reg on that was J*** RPF. everyone else be warned!! the only memento i got from that car was the g60 grille badge which was sitting at my feet as i sat on the kerb crying!! (which incidentally is now on my new G60.... :oops:) good to see you can smile about it tho, i was really hacked off for weeks!!

As my mate said Smile its a Kodak moment. Fridge magnets n all I guess. I am gutted but I am walking n talking so I'm Ok and my two nippers wern't in the car so all is OK.

Its Metal n plastic n cogs n oil arghhhhhhhh My car :cry:

The only thing I did not have in teh boot was the Corrado badge of the rear. I went digging around in nettles n ivy today. Found it. Riveted it to my toolbox.

Called the insurance today So see what happens now. My uncle said leave the car down the yard as long as I want so. Engine out n strip wings n running gear of it me thinks.

The only thing I did not have in teh boot was the Corrado badge of the rear. I went digging around in nettles n ivy today. Found it. Riveted it to my toolbox.

Oh well, that answers my question then - was gonna say "can I have your badges?" since mine got nicked a few days ago, but they're no good to me riveted on your toolbox!

Sorry for your car though, :cry: made my stomach go in knots looking at the pics. But as everyone is sensibly saying, the main thing is you are ok, and live to drive another Corrado.

Ah, man, another one bites the dust... :(

Looks to have survived reasonably well though considering what you hit...

if you're after a good shell to swap the bits over onto, drop me a line... ;)

I gotta respect you for being able to smile without it looking like a twisted grimace! Gutting! Least your ok tho m8!

Good luck with the rebuild...

I gotta respect you for being able to smile without it looking like a twisted grimace! Gutting! Least your ok tho m8!

Good luck with the rebuild...

Haha belive me its now feeling a little sick as a smile. I ache from head to foot. Yes I miss the car already, gutted.

Gathering receipts from the rebuild at the mo. Don't want some naff offer from the insurance for a 14 yr old car.

Been there myself & done that. My sympathies to you.

At least you weren't hurt, that's the main thing.

Insurance payout + Personal Injury Claim + Buy back old corrado = New Corrado with/without old engine transplant + bent shell of old corrado for breaking.

Nice kodak moment, btw.

Sorry to hear about your loss mate.

It ain't easy to hear right now but the up and the down of it is you can replace the car.

You walked away from it and that's what's important.