Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

Boyd Coddington vs Chip Foose

gotta be chip in my opinion. not knockin boyd, his work is superb but chips vision is amazing! At the end of the day they were once friends who worked together so they probably have each others influences

These debates aren't easy because Foose & Coddington generally work in different styles.

Personally I prefer the older style 30's-50s hotrods, which are more of a speciality for Boyd. I also think that Foose has ruined a number of his project by fitting wheels which are too big. Bit "pimped" for my tastes.

But each to his own... I vote for this as just about my favorite of all time

I've only seen Overhaulin' once or twice so don't know too much about Chip.

I used to watch American Hotrod.Boyd and in particular-Dwayne,are a pair of twunts.And Bluebear.

Used to like it when the black geezer(Whasisname?)and Roy(since passed away,I believe)were on,usually doing nothing.

American Chopper's way too gay for me though.The bikes.The 'staches.The gayness.

I actually saw American Hotrod tonight,and didn't recognise anyone other than Boyd,Dwayne,Berndt and Big Moustachioed Thinks He Knows Better Than Everyone Else Dude.

that dude with the 'tache is hilarious, it looks like he's got a small grey hamster on his face that keeps trying to escape! pmsl every time i see him.

Chip Foose gets my vote

Boyd has some good ideas but shame he only gives his crew like a week to build a car from scratch then wonders why they all leave :-(

Yeah this is true, every single episode they're running around like mad men to finished a car on a stupid time scale, and Boyd doesn't actually seem to do anything!

Whereas chip is much more laid back, takes his time, and seems alot more passionate about what he is doin

Boyd all the way for me, Chip can draw no doubt bout that and has excellent vision but the finish on boyds hot rods and the attention to detail is just superb, plus all the fun and games along the way are worth watching. As for American chopper do you think they know how to close a door without slamming it!!! :lol:

Foose is just as good at producing a finish just like Boyd only not as much so on the shows.

Even though its a stupid time scale in American Hotrod say 8 weeks.

Overhaulin only get 1 week.

Now if you have seen some of the cars that Foose designs and builds off the show they are amazing, just as much as Boyds.

For me the style of Foose is for me more but like both equally.

Post revival time!

Just been getting into Hotrod over the last few weeks. Absolutely love some of stuff they do. Have no interest in the stupid politics or human interaction, but the bodywork, interiors and paintwork is amazing. Just caught part of it last night where the engine builder was measuring the capacity of the combustion chambers in the head. :luvlove:

Holy thread resurection!

Been watching some of the old American Hotrod on Quest too, some quality work gets done although it seems like a lot of effort some times.

Some of you will be sad to hear the Boyd died a couple of years ago, complications from surgery, the only thing left trading is the wheel company.

Both American Hotrod and Overhaulin are good, but I prefer American Hotrod because you see alot more detail throughout the build.

Foose is an incredibly talented person, more so than Boyd, but Boyd was a legend. I would not have wanted to work for Boyd though.

So sad that Boys Garage did not continue to trade when he died a couple of years ago.

Chip Foose all day long. Would love him to do my original but that is a very very long shot, unless someone on here would like to offer up my car to the show (i can't as I need to look suprised on reveal day :lol: )

You gotta say that Boyd and Dwayne possibly skipped people skills lessons, I'm surprised anyone stays there to take that type of abuse. Foose has so much talent, the drawings he produces, awesome!

Mike's the best, I know he had some big accident but have you ever know anyone with less expression?

Wasn't Boyd driving the car in which Mike had the accident :shrug:

Foose for me all the way the way, the guy is a genius.

So sad that Boys Garage did not continue to trade when he died a couple of years ago.

Under the circumstances, I'd say shutting down the shop ws the right thing to do, as any fresh projects started after his death wouldn't have been a genuine Coddington ride, it would've just been another faceless corporation.

Foose gets my vote out of the two, but I'm also a massive fan of Troy Trepanier. As an FYI, Foose is a secret dubber - he once had a purple golf!