Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

Help, i'm tepmted to sell my corrado!!!

dont be silly, there was a recent post here from someone who sold their corrado to buy an m3, they now regret it and want a corrado back!! so save yourself some time and money and keep what you've got!

According to people I know that have owned them, tehy are surprisingly lifeless unless you have you foot welded to the floor and only then do they become fun.

Do as Phil K says and Charge your VR or go one better and go see Kevhaywire's mambers gallery and follow his lead and Turbo it (along with a 3.1 block!)

Then you'll have a FAR FAR FAR more enjoyable car!

if you do go for an E-36 M3............I'd go for the non EVO 3.0L(no double VANOS to balls-up) or even better the E-30 version

I know a bit about M3's, ive had as many of them as ive had corrado's and i do rate them. ive had an E30,2 E36's & currently have an E46 cab.

The best one is the E46, forget people saying the E30 is the best, it isnt its LHD and has 200hp! the E46 has the spec & the power but are still expensive only rough ones are sub 20k.

The E36 is an excellent buy ive had both the EVO & non EVO cars, the evo is a good chunk quicker and worth the extra sheets but remember it will probably want a VANOS replacement which is £1.5 - 2k.

Speed wise they are a big car and they are pretty smooth so their speed is deceptive, my E46 goes well it has been de-limited and has pulled 175mph on the clock and an EVO E36 will be somewhere near speedwise and a nice one can be bought for 8k, they are a bargain in my opinion.

Jimmi.............

i'll join ya in the tempted to sell the rado,i just fancy summat a bit newer an more comfy and can't afford to keep the g60 an get summat else,so it may make way for summat else next year,then again i change my mind so many times :lol:

Im also tempted to sell my vr6 but; a. I cant be bothered to advertise it/find a serious buyer and; b. It will be hard to find another car as reliable as this one has been and; c. its probably hard to sell cars in the winter.

Wasn't until I bought the Passat that I realised how firm riding and noisy the Corrado is as an everyday car, will still never sell the Nugget but glad its not my only car

I think it might be time to sell,for you.

It seems when the seed of doubt is sewn the decision is already made.

For me,if you have a Corrado you love it or you don't.There's no middle ground.

if your fed up with it then sell it, its just a car - but be warned you will end up wanting one again...

I sold mine 6 months ago and even though I cant have another one I do find myself scouring for sale adverts for my 'next' corrado....

if your fed up with it then sell it, its just a car - but be warned you will end up wanting one again...

I sold mine 6 months ago and even though I cant have another one I do find myself scouring for sale adverts for my 'next' corrado....

snap, no truer a word spoken. i sold my g60 years agon and missed it. Bought a red vr, sold it,missed it, bought a blackberry vr, broke it missed it when i stopped driving it. Bought a dragon green vr, sold it missed it. Had a mk2 vr, missed the corrado so bought a burgundy pearl vr. Had to sell that to fund house ove, deposit etc. Bought the dragon green one back to break as it was rotten, loved it and made me miss wedge (burgundy pearl) loads. In hindsight that has been my favourite car to date and wish i was in a position to buy it back and finish what i started with him.

Gav

Me too. If Darren could get G60's to do 50mpg I'd get another one tomorrow!

Bought the dragon green one back to break as it was rotten, loved it and made me miss wedge (burgundy pearl) loads. In hindsight that has been my favourite car to date and wish i was in a position to buy it back and finish what i started with him.

Gav

I really regret breaking my corrado. :cry:

thing is i do love it and have probably bought it twice over with all the bits i've had done to keep it running. just sometimes want a bit more comfort, reliability, power and rwd!! but then i get in the rado and it runs peachy and any other car is just boring. cam pos sensor needs changing tho (intermittent fault codes etc) and when its faulty it runs like a bag of sh**. is this a major job?? gettin the h/gasket done in the new year so might get cams?? more power!!!!!