Sign in to follow this  
andy_vw

Uprated headlight wiring looms

I'm still waiting for mine too. I'll make a post after fitting about how good they are. I'm also going to change my headlight lenses but waiting on the surrounds from the dealer.

To the selected few! :

The looms are 95% complete... Just trying to find the time with busy xmas! lol. I have loads of time off between xmas & new year so will get them finished off & posted :)

Cheers guys.

Andy.

Thanks for the update. I just need VW to pull their finger out now!

Hi Andy,

I'll take one of your top of the range, top shelf looms (only hardcore for me!)

Sounds like you have a lot on though. Any ideas how long it would take to get one to me? And is it possible to be bumped up the list (apologies for being cheeky everyone else!) There is a problem with my lights - the full beam doesn't work, and consequently driving around (with 2 kids in the car) isn't safe:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64062

If you've got too much on, I'll have to take it to a garage I know.

Cheers,

Chris

Is there any chance of being added to the list too. I'd like an all-sing all dancing one please.

Hi, could i be added to the list too i would like the "plug and play" version. What bulbs do you recomend using with the looms?

Anyone heard anything? Not meaning to nag Andy, just wondering what's going on.

Just about to reply to your pm - Basicly they are almost done - 97% now - lol. Just waiting on a delivery on 2 connectors on each loom. Ordered them on monday, so they should be here tomorrow :)

Andy.

Thanks Andy, can't wait to get it and start to see in the eves...Happy New Bright Year..:)

Hi Andy, any chance you can put me down for one of your top end looms? If yes, let me know re payment etc, cheers.

Hello, I'd like an all singing all dancing one too please.... If this thread is still current.

Cheers n beers

Rich

Plug & Play for me too, price dependant.. Nice one...

With regards to rewiring salvaged OEM plugs, I know a few peeps who work in electrical manufacture so could probably source the connectors required if you know the brand and part number...?

Cheers...

I've still having problems sourcing these...

I've already done a lot of research, but if you could have a look, that would be great. The connector range is called "Junior-Power-Timer". All i can find is a 2 way ones or 4 way (inline) female ones at the moment. Tyco make this range.

(Free loom if you can find a supplier ;) )

Cheers,

http://cgi.ebay.com/VW-CORRADO-Euro-Hea ... dZViewItem

any good to you or is it all off cheers

paul

I've just ordered the plugs to make myself one of these, I'm planning to use the connections on the male end and heatshrink the connectors on just like Andy does.

The one I made for my MK2 Golf has been fine for a few years, the only thing that concerns me is the relay is not in any kind of water proof enclosure and the lack of waterproofing on the connectors.

The advantage of using the original connectors and not chopping about the harness is that if a relay or fuse does blow under the boonet you can quickly whip the uprated loom off and plug the lights back to standard. However I'b be happier if the relay was in a waterproof enclosure - theres a good reason why the standard relays (for the rad fans) are in a box and sited where they are.

Andy,

Please drop me from the list - I have made up a kit myself, mainly because it's something I could do to console myself after a few expensive problems occurred!

I can fully sympathise with the hassle involved in making these kits, I must've spent over 20 hours designing and wiring up mine (although it is a dual circuit that will upgrade the headlights and the spots)...

Will make final connections as soon as it stops raining!

If your kits take nearly as long as mine did, then I would consider charging a bit more for them! :wink:

Cheers.

i did one it takes a good while if you do it properly all joints soldered and heat shrink wrapped etc

but it worth doing if i could have bought one i would off but its a lazy thing more than a cant do it thing :D

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of update... First of all apologies - a month overdue! :(

One loom is ready to ship, however having a nightmare getting the other 4 through test.

Because I havent got a C anymore, I decided to make a test rig (in works time - lol). I made a mistake on the test rig & had to repair one of the looms after it was damaged, & the other 3 are awaiting test.

It's going to be a little while longer, I understand that if you want a refund, then thats no problems - if you are sick of waiting...

One loom will be sent to the person who paid first.

Cheers, Andy.