Sign in to follow this  
andy_vw

Uprated headlight wiring looms

Howdy all,

Sounds like excellent work Andy - well done. Been reading through the 11 or so pages of this thread, seems like you have loads of people interested. I just bought a Corrado VR6 yesterday (whoo hoo!) and the first thing I am doing is sorting out the lights - cr@p is an understatement!

I *was* about to buy this (ebay item 130122298206) but did a quick search of the forums to see if anyone can reccomend these. Which is how i came to this post :D

Looks like the price you are selling the looms reflects the quality parts being used - I for one dont mind paying that little extra for better quality parts and workmanship! I had just one question for you, are you able to provide any sleeving over the wiring which matches the factory ribbed black sleeve (like in the ebay item i mentioned previously).

Also - please put me down for the "all singing all dancing" version. Down to the bottom of the list i go... :lol:

Any ETA would be great - but i appreciate you have many more orders to fulfil before mine.

Cheers

H

Dont want to be left out so if your still making then If poss im buying. All singing, all dancing please. Bottom of the list sir!

if this thread is still active?? then i definatly also want the all singing and dancing loom as well!!

Andi, just a quick idea (if you're about ATM)....

Maybe make up a batch and fit them at the Summer Scorcher (if you're coming)? We can do a direct comparison then...

Wondering if anyone could give me some clues.

I fitted my own loom, based on the wiring diagrams shown on the forum from previous threads.

I have cut the yellow and black wire which feeds my dim-dip/dipped beam bulb, and that is now controlling the relay switch. The opposite side of the relay is then earthed back to the -ve of the battery.

I then have a fed from the battery (through a 20amp fuse) into the relay (socket 30) and onto the dim-dip/dipped beam bulb (through socket 87)

This has worked, and now my headlights are much brighter, however, when I switch on only side lights, the headlights come on (not full beam).

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Does anyone know if these are still happening? I appreciate Andy is doing this in his spare time, but i need ot get my lights sorted before winter so need to know if I need to look elsewhere for a loom or wait for Andy??

Just a yes, im busy, but they will get done would do.....

Ta

Hi all,

I'll try to answer all your pms & posts...

-Update:

I have made another batch of looms & have contacted people first in line to see if they want them.

I will be making further batches, when I have the time. I have commitments with work at the moment & am spending alot of time out on the road, so finding it hard to find the time. If your name is on the list & you want one, you will get one... Just taking its time getting them made.

Many Thanks for your interest & support.

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi Dude,

Thought you had done an Elvis!

I sent you a PM ages ago, so dunno where I am on the list if at all... let me know, thanks mate.

I hope I'm already on the list - have posted a couple of 'Please can I have.....' messages.

But if I fell off somehow, please put me back on - for an all-singing plug n play version (ignore comments I made earlier about having the battery moved !)

Ta.

John

Hi all,

-Update:

I have made another batch of looms & have contacted people first in line to see if they want them.

I will be making further batches, when I have the time. I have commitments with work at the moment & am spending alot of time out on the road, so finding it hard to find the time. If your name is on the list & you want one, you will get one... Just taking its time getting them made.

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi Mate.

Hope i'm also still on your list, can't remember on what page it was but i know it was a long time ago when i asked you for the 4X4 one. Shipping to South Africa aswell, please Mate. Let me know when you have one you can send my way. I should be on your second batch for sure?

Ta Mate

Hugo de Wit

Hi all,

-Update:

Cheers,

Andy.

Hey Andy, Pm'd you a while ago.. I take it I'm on the list to recieve a mail from you soon? Want to get the headlights taken out and sorted pretty soon so having the loom would mean I can do it all in one go...

Let me know...

Andy? Just a suggestion pal - could you post up the details/diagram/suppliers and maybe someone else who is competent could make them up as well to help you out. I would love to volunteer but electrics arent really my bag.

Anyone heard from Andy regarding looms? I understand he may have a busy schedule, but i havent had a response to PMs nor posts???

Not sure if Andy is still about....or if anyone has heard anything from him. I understand that a lot of peeps are after him for the looms, and he has a lot on etc., but be good to know if there is still going to be a trade to be made or not. Andy, can you let us know if you are planning to still make the looms or not mate, put us out of our misery. :) Maybe he needs an apprentice to help supply all the demand..any offers? elecs not really my strong point..

Hi all,

-Update:

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi all,

-Update:

Cheers,

Andy.

[/quote:b4893]

I reaslised that, I was just wondering if the looms were still on.