Sign in to follow this  
andy_vw

Uprated headlight wiring looms

oops missed the d,also apparently not his web address, now edited the post.

I reckon the he just hasn't been on the forum since selling his corrado. ReekieVR did have some problems getting some money back after a delay in receiving the loom - see the bad salesman thread.

I am lurking. I don't post much unless I need to. Also C sold and due to small child it may be some time before I get another. I'm all modern and MK4 Golfy at the minute.

Now I'm not as busy I'm happy to start making looms again but I don't want to get into petty squabbles about my loom being better then yours. I think 4 relays takes up too much room and is a waste of time. If you lose main beam because of a crap relay then it's not the end of the world. Also the relays are good as a rule and if changed every couple of years there is less of a problem. I've been happy, as have many, with the 2 relay looms but you need to confident in what have when you drive fast in the dark.

I've got about 5 people interested at the minute so will give it a few more days and let the afore mentioned folk now the score.

Thanks for genuine interest and apologies if I've miffed anyone.

Any more Q's feel free

Just received my loom from KUR2Y and will be fitting it over the weekend. Looks very good from a first glance...

Cheers.

As above recieved mine too from Kurzy may have a go at the weekend looks very well made

As above received mine too from Kurzy may have a go at the weekend looks very well made

Shame you're not local - it would have been good if I could have looked over your shoulder while you were doing yours! Anyone near Watford got one of these?

I'm glad you are all happy with the looms. Like I said any problems please get in touch.

I'm happy to make more looms for people but I'm struggling to get the OEM plug for the headlights so it'll be the usual spade connectors. the price of the looms will be £53 plus a little postage,

If I get much interset I'll start up a new post.

cheers

will be fitting mine next weekend hopefully so will be able to get you a few photos of it on the car etc!!

i have had a loom made by KUR2Y in my corrado for the past 3 years, never had a single problem with it at all 8)

Thanks for that Karl, although I'm not sure if this is the right place to be putting this advert?

will be fitting mine next weekend hopefully so will be able to get you a few photos of it on the car etc!!

I had my Corrado serviced last week so I gave my new loom to the mechanic and he fitted it for me. Went in fine and works excellently - the lights are at least 50% brighter.

Just been reading this thread and I along with Gavin(H100VW) used to make the 2 relay type looms.

I've not been doing them for a while but am considering starting again if there is interest.

I hear what has been said about the problem with only having 2 relays but I never had any problem with them.

However I've looked at the design of the old loom and with some adapting I can make it a 3 relay affair. That would be 1 for each headlight and 1 for both main beams.

These could come with an OEM plug for the headlights or the 4 female blades that fit where the plug goes.

Due to the price of the plugs and terminals for the plug the price would be £62 or £50 with the female blades.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I'm reliable as I'm sure quiet a few people on here will vouch for me.

Please PM me with Q's or interest and if there is a need I will start up a new thread.

Sorry for Hijacking this thread but I'm only looking to solve a problem that clearly exists.

I'm interested but I won't pay up front. So stick me down on your list as my car is close to getting an advisory on the beam brightness at the next MOT. I'd want a loom that would do each headlight and each beam on individual relays so as to be safe and also be plug and play. Many Thanks. :salute:

edit: the above looks a bit aggressive sorry it's not meant to read like that. :roll:

Well I got my loom from KUR2Y about three weeks ago and got round to fitting it last week. Only been out once to check the improved brightness and there is a definite improvement. But be advised if you leave your lights on your battery will be complete flat in less than 4 hours! So carry some jump leads with the spare wheel. :bonk: Believe me you won't push start a Corrado G60 even with another's help unless your a strong man, even on an incline!

Anyway the looms are of great quality and come with instructions. I bolted the earth wire to the chassis earth of the battery tray directly behind the battery as it in brand new (and the keen eyed may notice only in zinc primer at the moment) and has a thick braided earth cable going to the battery earth terminal which allowed the relays to be mounted to the front of the battery using tesco velcro tape. :) Here's some pictures. Thanks Again Zak.

Whats the extra relay for? I bought one off ebay, same as that, but only has the 2 relays

Just been reading this thread and I along with Gavin(H100VW) used to make the 2 relay type looms.

I've not been doing them for a while but am considering starting again if there is interest.

I hear what has been said about the problem with only having 2 relays but I never had any problem with them.

However I've looked at the design of the old loom and with some adapting I can make it a 3 relay affair. That would be 1 for each headlight and 1 for both main beams.

These could come with an OEM plug for the headlights or the 4 female blades that fit where the plug goes.

Due to the price of the plugs and terminals for the plug the price would be £62 or £50 with the female blades.

Please PM me with Q's or interest and if there is a need I will start up a new thread.

Sorry for Hijacking this thread but I'm only looking to solve a problem that clearly exists.

Having said all that - I'd get a plastic bag or somesuch over the relays to keep most of the moisture out. They will corrode and die much quicker if you don't.

I'm interested but I won't pay up front. So stick me down on your list as my car is close to getting an advisory on the beam brightness at the next MOT. I'd want a loom that would do each headlight and each beam on individual relays so as to be safe and also be plug and play. Many Thanks. :salute:

edit: the above looks a bit aggressive sorry it's not meant to read like that. :roll:

Well I got my loom from KUR2Y about three weeks ago and got round to fitting it last week. Only been out once to check the improved brightness and there is a definite improvement. But be advised if you leave your lights on your battery will be complete flat in less than 4 hours! So carry some jump leads with the spare wheel. :bonk: Believe me you won't push start a Corrado G60 even with another's help unless your a strong man, even on an incline!

Anyway the looms are of great quality and come with instructions. I bolted the earth wire to the chassis earth of the battery tray directly behind the battery as it in brand new (and the keen eyed may notice only in zinc primer at the moment) and has a thick braided earth cable going to the battery earth terminal which allowed the relays to be mounted to the front of the battery using tesco velcro tape. :) Here's some pictures. Thanks Again Zak.

What's the little wire sticking out of the connector plug on the right hand side of the 2nd picture?

Also, KUR2Y, are you still making these looms? I saw you had difficulty getting the OEM plugs, is this still the case?

Two final questions! I'm assuming that you only need to use one of the original connectors for the signalling, is that correct? Also, you are using male spade connectors for this, I gather, because there is no female version of the connector, is that correct?

Thanks.

Hi there,

The bit sticking out is the side light cable for the off side.

I will try and get some more headlamp plugs.

Yes you need to use the car side of the plug as a trigger and yes I use spades The female side is part of the headlight itself.

If I get an order for over 10 I will do a group buy and discount (it'cheaper for me to buy the stuff in bulk and I'm happy to pass that on.

Spread the word and If the interest is there I will start a new thread.

Any Q's just ask.

mine is clearly corroded to hell as at the moment i only have 1 sidelight, 2 dipped and 0 main beam. am definitely in the market for a quality loom in the very near future..

If you are serious and willing to wait at least a few weeks please PM me and post a reply here ,this will give everyone a gauge of the interest.

The looms take about 3 hours to make and there's only me and I've got to fit a bathroom at the mother-in-laws soon.

I've done a few group buys for these and other VW headlight looms and always get let down by a few folk. I'll have shelled out for a load of parts and don't want to be stuck out of pocket.

I know people out there have also been let down buy loom makers, this is why I won't ask for payment until the loom is ready to post.

I'm an aircraft electrician by trade and have made well over a hundred looms for VW crappy headlights. I offer a long guarantee and the loom comes with instructions and fitting kit.

Cheers

Zak you have PM

Will start a list below..

1/ Deviant

would help to include all the people that are interested so far if you're going to start a list Jon :)

KUR2Y, to be honest I think we'll do better starting a new thread with group buy in the title anyway, as not enough people come back to these very old threads.. I would do it but as its your offer I guess it makes sense for you to have control. Could you include your expected price for a GB of 10 sets? Should encourage people to commit. Thanks! :)

to confirm interest so far then:

dukest

Kevg60

vwdeviant

would help to include all the people that are interested so far if you're going to start a list Jon :)

Aye john but didn't want to assume....

Zak ye a new "Suppliers" thread would get noticed more than this "busted old joint" (Damn came over all Westwood!)

To be honest I'm a bit of a non geek and am scared of making a balls up of it but will try and sort that out.

Thanks for the advise, I hate computers.

I got a loom off ebay just before I went to Germany a few months ago but I don't think I'd secured the relays enough and them bouncing around caused them to break and leave my lights on (full beam and everything) draining the battery in about 3 hours.

The loom appear good but the connectors are rubbish. Would you be interested in supplying the OEM connectors to those of us with loom already?