Sign in to follow this  
andy_vw

Uprated headlight wiring looms

Still deciding what sealant to use & I have been waiting for a delivery of relays...

Will be this side of easter... Hopefully :?

Andy.

Yeah absolutely fantastic mate, must say makes you wonder why VW didn't bother to fix it in the first place... :crazyeyes:

Quick Update:

I've just started to fit one to my C & encountered a problem - Some of the contacts I've been using are too small. I've spoken to my supplier & he is sending the correct ones. However these are double the cost, as a result I'm going to have to pass this cost on. Each loom will see an increase of £2.50.

Cheers all, & thanks for your support.

Andy.

Quick Update:

I've just started to fit one to my C & encountered a problem - Some of the contacts I've been using are too small. I've spoken to my supplier & he is sending the correct ones. However these are double the cost, as a result I'm going to have to pass this cost on. Each loom will see an increase of £2.50.

Cheers all, & thanks for your support.

Andy.

Totally outrages as bad as Tesco with Silicone in their fuel 'Pass it on to the consumer'

only jocking :lol:

Hello any chance of jumping on this band wagon for a p&p all singing all dancing headlight loom .

ps any further details on when they will be ready to ship ?

how would you you like the £ sending to you .ie paypal ,postal order,personal check ,or brass buttons :)

many thanks

adam

Hi all:

Little update...

I've finally got round to fitting one to my C...

Results:

Results taken with the engine running.

Before - Across the bulb - Dipped beam - 10.71v - shocking!

(MUST be measured across the bulb, not + on the bulb & - on the battery/chassis, as there is a voltage drop down the - line as well...)

After - Across the bulb - Dipped beam - 13.20v. - Pretty much the charging voltage.

Thats 2.49v gain, which drives the bulbs at the normal wattage.

I will try & get hold hold of some data sheets for typical H4 bulbs - looking at volts vs wattage graphs.

Last photo is my rough setup...

Getting there...

Cheers all,

Andy.

Hello any chance of jumping on this band wagon for a p&p all singing all dancing headlight loom .

ps any further details on when they will be ready to ship ?

how would you you like the £ sending to you .ie paypal ,postal order,personal check ,or brass buttons :)

many thanks

adam

Still know definate date on shipping I'm afraid - also you are at the bottom of the list so will have either the 2nd or 3rd batch ;)

I will accept cheques, paypal, postal orders or cash if your local... & if your local fitting is included at local meets :D

Heres a few a couple of pics I took the other day of the waterproof fuse holders to wet everyones appetite...

I like that fuse holder design!

Did you get some female loom plugs made up? By Female I mean the equivalent of the back of the headlamp unit.

I spoke to you regarding buying a couple off you at the South Coast meet.

Glad these are finally coming together, Andy. They're looking great :)

Still know definate date on shipping I'm afraid - also you are at the bottom of the list so will have either the 2nd or 3rd batch ;)

I will accept cheques, paypal, postal orders or cash if your local... & if your local fitting is included at local meets :D

Hi Andy.

Good work. Love the fuse holders.

Are you going to make a list of who is in what batch? may be helpful. Could just do it from the requests in this thread?

thanks for getting back .

i realy dont mind beeing at the bottom of the list as long as you dont mind making me one . :)

many thanks

First small batch of 5 are going to be available for 29th April, which I will be taking with me to the bath/bristol meet... Reason is, I want to fit these myself, find any problems on the day & fix them on all future releases :) 2nd batch of around 10 will be available first 2 weeks of May. I have my own list of members - in order with version they want. I'll be sending out PMs to those people shortly.

Many Thanks,

Andy

I was only thinking last night as I was fumbling my way through some dark lanes I'd never driven before how much I am looking forward to you getting to a point where you can start selling them!

I know I'm well down the list, but thanks for al the hard work so far.

Can you put me down for a 4 relay, 4 fuse plug and play option please. I installed a trimsport loom when i got the car about 6 years ago and now the connecting terminals to the realys have all corroded away.....

having read through this thread....there is alot of information to take in.

am i right in assuming that the best option, which is the plug and play option will cost £42.00 (does this include p&p)

if it is plug and play and price is £42.00 inc p&p then sign me up for one please!!