Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

What's the worst car you've driven?

My local Citroen dealers 'loaner' Saxo 1.1 - I had to have my old VTR in for some bodywork repair (after some scrote broke into it) and they gave me this thing.

I was used to the very light power steering on the VTR - went bombing into a corner in this and nearly crapped myself such was the leaden unresponsive steering on it! Parking in it, you needed arms like Popeye!!

while waiting for my payout for a stolen mk2, i bought a beige colour 1.3 montego :oops: the worst car i have ever driven. when i got my money from the insurance company. it was used as a rally car in a quarry. infact, i think its still there :lol:

has to be the armored ford expedition and explorers i drove in saudi, some clever individual decided that the allready top heavy sluggish yank peices of cr@p would be even better if they added 2 tonns of ballistic steel and kevlar to the sides, roof and floor, add to that the awful quality fuel they have over there and the air con system needed in that climate and the bullet proof tyres and it makes the slowest, worst handling dangerous car i have ever driven, i had to double the braking distance due to their weight and they where doing about 4 mpg but at least they will take a bullet from a high velocity rifle :snipersmile: and still keep going :lol:

1 litre Kia Picanto hire car in Spain, gutless piece of turd. My wife liked the colour (sort of amber gold)and talked of getting one! :shock: 'Over my dead body' i muttered under my breath. We were overtaken up the mountains by cars with trailers on for christ's sake :oops: Totally Awful. She's now got a '00 Corsa 1.2 16v, handles horribly, woolly steering etc :brickwall:

Probably my Mum's Fiat 126. It was brand new though at the time - 'G' reg. Not the best car when you're 6'4" ! When my parents bought it, it was apparently the smallest and cheapest brand new car on the market!

The MX-5 I had when I was working with Mazda in Austria, it was a development car and was literally falling to pieces, suspension geometry was miles out etc - it was crushed after I'd finished using it - not only nasty but also felt dangerous

A Trabant (2 stroke) when I was in Hungary.

Jeez, you're a brave man!

At the moment it looks like the Vauxhall Astra is winning in terms of common crappiness.

ha ha! yeah a bloke who used to work for me had a diesel rover - slowest thing known to man. unbelievable.

I swear to god - it was unbelievable - it had zero performance! Had a ride height of about 2meters too!

Total utter pish!

I reckon its got to be older sisters J reg Suzuki Vitara.

Not just a tin pot, but its the poser "wide body bull bar" jobbie.

I used to be well embarrased when we all lived in one house back in the day, and me mates used to come over. We were all into Golf GTi's, and theres this lump of Suzuki!

My local Citroen dealers 'loaner' Saxo 1.1 - Parking in it, you needed arms like Popeye!!

You big girls blouse, a 1.1 petrol engine in a paxo, difficult to park :lol:

I'm more frequently found behind a keyboard than a weight bench.. so i'm not exactly the strongest ;) But still i've only ever owned cars with PAS so driving that was just a bit of a shock!

Jim, a)Nice avatar pic (Dude) & b) You should try me Mk2. No PAS, a big heavy diseasel engine & wider than standard wheels. Who needs a gym? :-)

Yeah, our Pug 205 diesel has no power steering. My wife luvs car and that is only thing she doesnt like about it. I dont mind it.

When some joints in front end were going last year, steering effort got harder and harder at parking speeds. What a change when they were renewed.

We have so-called "GLD" version :roll: and it has neither power steering nor an intermittent setting for windscreen wipers, what a bl00dy cheek our cheese eating friends have!

Has to be an Uno Turbo for me, sure it was quick, but ocean liners turn and stop more effectivly than this thing! scary :shock: