:tongue:

apparently at BVF you were both. :)

He's not going to remember that! :lol:

:lol:

I'm not angry.... I'm a lover, not a fighter. :D

:tongue:

apparently at BVF you were both. :)

He's not going to remember that! :lol:

Haven't a clue tbh, but I think I was inviting all and sundry into my tent. Or at least Dave...

I have complete respect for you, :salute: not only for advebturing out your comfort zone and cracking on but doing things in such detail. I would love to be doing what your doing with your engine, but I'd have no idea where to start. Keep up the good work!! :clap: Don't loose faith or enthusiasm.

I have complete respect for you, :salute: not only for advebturing out your comfort zone and cracking on but doing things in such detail. I would love to be doing what your doing with your engine, but I'd have no idea where to start. Keep up the good work!! :clap: Don't loose faith or enthusiasm.

Cheers! Made a decision last night, and hopefully I'll be able to order some more parts this week. Fingers crossed....

Did a little more to the car. Treated all the larger rust spots on the drivers side with Dinitrol, started putting top coat on the rear arch. Still not got the right shape but it's not too bad. Think I'll attack it again when I have more enthusiasm for sanding... As happy as I'm going to be with the dent in the boot lid. It's another example of a crap area to try to repair, with silly shaped curves and a lip on it. There's basically a lot more paint on the car than there was, although there's still a lot of work to do.

Built the front suspension struts up this afternoon. Need to coat them in waxoyl, and sort some small patches of rust in the turrets before they can be fitted.

Oh, and I nearly shoved the 16v into the back of an Audi. Bit of a buttock clenching moment with chirps from the rear wheels as they locked up skipping across the undulating tarmac slowing down from 60mph. All worked out in the end, although I do need to invest in some new disks and mintex 1144 front pads soon.

good work there,i know how disheartening it is when the cars broke and in bits,seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel,keep at it though im just getting mines together now, :salute:

as for the wheels,get the tyres back on b4 you paint them,just break the bead and mask the tyre,it could avoid any chipping or damage to the freshly painted wheels,on getting tyres put back on later,gunmetal or anthracite would look ace

Losing interest in the wheels. Also having massive financial issues. Not helped by ordering the following...

Gearbox seal cover plate end 02A 301 215 A

Clutch release arm can't find

Oil pump 021 115 105 B

Oil filter housing 021 115 433 A

Rear engine mount 1H0 199 262 K

Bolt for rear engine mount N 905 532 02

Bolt for gearbox mount N 102 416 03

Front Disks for mk3 golf VR6 b 3AO 615 301 A x 2

Seal kit for front brake calipers mk3 golf VR6 b 3A0 698 471 x2

Guide bushes for mk3 golf b 4DO 698 647 x2

Rear Top mounts Upper 191 512 335 x2

Rear Top mounts Lower 191 512 333 x2

Spring base for top mount 1HO 512 149 x2

Splash guard for rear disk left hand. 191 615 611 D

Splash guard for front disk left 3A0 615 311

Spalsh Guard for front disk right 3A0 615 312

Bolt for securing splash guard N 905 293 01 x 4

Bolt for securing brake caliper carrier to hub N 907 085 02 x 4

Inlet manifold to head gasket 021 133 227 H

inlet manifold to inlet manifold gasket 021 133 227 J

Flywheel to crankshaft bolts

Sump gasket

2x conrod bearing bolts.

Edit. and a set of tappets...

Should come to £600....

oww..

well the money is spent now.

That's what i tell myself.

So you may as well get on and fit them and worry about it later. :)

oww..

well the money is spent now.

That's what i tell myself.

So you may as well get on and fit them and worry about it later. :)

Yup.

Just need to get in and drive it and it will all be worthwhile... Still need another £300 of bits. :(

Keep the faith dude :) just think how much you will enjoy it when the beast is back on the road! I have to come back shortly to sort a few bits on the house and vet a new tennant so hopefully will be around to help you fit some of that list.

what part of the rear top mounts do you need? i have a spare set of most of the non-rubber parts if you need any bits

Keep the faith dude :) just think how much you will enjoy it when the beast is back on the road! I have to come back shortly to sort a few bits on the house and vet a new tennant so hopefully will be around to help you fit some of that list.

Whoot.

Can I help the vetting? I'll bring my own gloves and everything!

what part of the rear top mounts do you need? i have a spare set of most of the non-rubber parts if you need any bits

I need the rubber bits, and they have been delivered now apparently. Cheers though! Just waiting on flywheel bolts and sump gasket to arrive tomorrow. And then I have to pay for it. :(

Am using a TPS account, so I dread to think what it would all cost if I had gone to the dealer...

In case anyone is interested, parts are below....

Gearbox seal cover plate end 02A 301 215 A £7.68

Clutch release arm 02J141719B £14.74

Oil pump 021 115 105 B £112.51

Oil filter housing 021 115 433 A £19.90

Rear engine mount 1H0 199 262 K £64.05

Bolt for rear engine mount N 905 532 02 £1.15

Bolt for gearbox mount N 102 416 03 £1.57

Front Disks for mk3 golf VR6 b 3AO 615 301 A x 2 £32 each

Seal kit for front brake calipers mk3 golf VR6 b 3A0 698 471 x2 £11.70 each

Guide bushes for mk3 golf b 4DO 698 647 x2 £9.38 each

Rear Top mounts Upper 191 512 335 x2 £4.16 each

Rear Top mounts Lower 191 512 333 x2 £4.16 each

Spring base for top mount 1HO 512 149 x2 £2.58 each

Splash guard for rear disk left hand. 191 615 611 D £14.18

Splash guard for front disk left 3A0 615 311 £10.95

Spalsh Guard for front disk right 3A0 615 312 £10.95

Bolt for securing splash guard N 905 293 01 x 4 £0.15

Bolt for securing brake caliper carrier to hub N 907 085 02 x 4 £1.71

Inlet manifold to head gasket 021 133 227 H £11.74

inlet manifold to inlet manifold gasket 021 133 227 J £7.49

Flywheel to crankshaft bolts

Sump gasket £25ish

2x conrod bearing bolts. £9.04 each... :shock:

Set of tappets £80.something

Got a discount of between 4% and 10% on the items, so the total was £550ish without the sump and flywheel bolts.

Actuall did some work on her tonight. Fitted a set of seals to the front callipers, and did a bit more painting of bodywork and bracketry. Slowly getting there... :)

anyway...

why no pics?

slacking. :)

I concur!

I'll try to find some. I should have a couple of good pics of the bad bodywork somewhere... I'll take some this weekend too. :)

Put the rear shocks/springs together with some repainted top caps tonight, wire brushed some of the rust off and greased anything up that needed it.

Put more paint on the various brackets, and put new seals and bushes in the 288 front calipers, did do a little tiny bit of damage to one of the front seals putting it in :bad-words: But I hope it will be fine.

Continued with the painting.

Need to find some cheap gearbox oil and fill the box up, fit the new pivot and release bearing arm and get that ready to fit. Then need to do up the con rod bolt, swap the chains, tensioners, tappets and cams, and put the new oil pump in the engine, wack the sump on, and maybe fit the filter housing. Then I can bolt the engine and box up.

Need to paint 2 small areas on the block first and get the brackets etc fitted.

Also need to clean the PAS lines, and get the subframes ready to be fitted. Plus order a brake bias valve.

You sound very determined indeed tonight - reckon its gonna be on the road soon :salute: