Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Toads 16v and VR6 of doom.

great to hear it's finally there (near enough) pal - good for you.

i'll defo give you a ring next time i'm down in salisbury - we can meet up and you have a go in the evo! :norty:

hi toad sounds like some hours there buddy look forward to seeing pics off it complete :grin:

Put it back together for the MOT tuesday, it'll have to come apart again to fit the last feww bits I've got for it though. :(

Had running issues today, think the MAF is knackered, and I can't get the reverse lights to work. :bad-words:

Pics...

great to hear it's finally there (near enough) pal - good for you.

i'll defo give you a ring next time i'm down in salisbury - we can meet up and you have a go in the evo! :norty:

:) Sounds good. Would be good to catch up sometime soon.

hi toad sounds like some hours there buddy look forward to seeing pics off it complete :grin:

Cheers! To be honest, it's come together quite quickly, I'm sure if you had all the bits ready, you could turn a corrado around in no time at all.

Looking good though dude :-) wont be long now!!

Cheers Dan! Sorry I've not been in touch enough recently. Been concentrating all my efforts on the car for the last few weeks.

I know its been said.......but the wheels are 8) :salute:

:) Cheers! did manage to remove a load of paint from one of them while grinding the wheel weights down so they missed the brake caliper earlier on. :( I think once i've sorted that one and washed all the tyre soap off the rims they'll look spot on. Also used the paint on the aerial base. Looks like new now. Not sure how long it will last, but it was better than paying £80 for a new one.

Awesome work, Tom. Looking sweet. should be an awesome wedding car ;)

You are a legend 8)

You are a legend 8)

:) Cheers dude. Hopefully it'll be suitable for you.... :D Can you drop me a text about what meat you require for tomorrow?

Ride is chuffing firm though. :( I softened the Konis a bit more this afternoon after hitting a bump at 40 which nearly caused my spine to collapse. Need to remove the masking tape from the bump strips and side repeater, looks silly in the pictures, but I keep forgetting...

You are a legend 8)

:D Can you drop me a text about what meat you require for tomorrow?

Ride is chuffing firm though. :( I softened the Konis a bit more this afternoon after hitting a bump at 40 which nearly caused my spine to collapse. Need to remove the masking tape from the bump strips and side repeater, looks silly in the pictures, but I keep forgetting...

I was just about to post up to say how the side strips look really good colour coded :lol:

car is looking really good matey - you must be really happy with progress.

sorry to hear about the running issues, sure you'll be it sorted.

by the way - you don't need reversing lights to pass an MOT :D

I was just about to post up to say how the side strips look really good colour coded :lol:

:) Beigey was on at me to paint them yesterday... I've got 4 presents for you sat in the shed.... :wink:

Can you drop me a text about what meat you require for tomorrow?

:eek:

You love the meat. Don't pretend you don't Sally.

car is looking really good matey - you must be really happy with progress.

sorry to hear about the running issues, sure you'll be it sorted.

by the way - you don't need reversing lights to pass an MOT :D

Yeah, I am pleased. Hopefully the issues will resolve themselves as it gets run in. Was all ready to sort the reverse lights this evening, and they magically started working again!

MOT is 8.30 tomorrow, and the MOT centre is in the yard where I work, so I'll take the car in to work with me in the morning.

Washed it again and took some more photos tonight...

Looks really sweet with the moonroof - contrasts brilliantly against the white! Did the weird headlight issue go away when you connected em up mate?

Looks really nice and clean mate...

Tyre profile looks huge but I think it's the black wheels...

White brake calipers - you nutter :)

Cheers! I'm really pleased with the juxtaposition of the moonroof and paint.

I've not noticed the light glowing since putting the front end on. Might be something like the reversing lights suddenly springing to life....

Looks really nice and clean mate...

Tyre profile looks huge but I think it's the black wheels...

White brake calipers - you nutter :)

It's different up close, got a lot more paint needed here and there, and a good session with a mop to get rid of the old oxidised paint.

The calipers are stodgy already with various chips knocked off them and a nice polished line on one front wheel where the weighs hit it. Nevermind.... Can always repaint them. :)

Looks great mate 8) some really good effort gone in there you must be well chuffed! It doesnt look like I'm going to be able to get across until at least the middle of the month but will keep ya posted. did you see the new pics of mine I posted in my thread with the Dutch plates on? Looks quite sweet too imo (and of course I wont need to worry about speed cameras when I do come over :clap: )

Full respect (but not in the E38 way) for doing all the work yourself mate, especially the paint! Has it come out well?

Did it pass?! :)

+1... or does a lack of post mean bad news?

+2... or hes out driving it :D

+3... the tension is killing me now!!!

+1... or does a lack of post mean bad news?

+2... or hes out driving it :D

+3... the tension is killing me now!!!

+4... I need an 'impatient' smilie!!