Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Corrado Prices when brand new

am trying to find out how much my corrado was when it was brand new.

Does anyone know the prices of the different models when new, and how much some of the extras cost?

Storms were £22.5k roughly. I think standard VR6s were £21k ish. Don't know about the other models though. Massive price for the mid nineties imo. No wonder they didn't sell many!

Ring VW up, give them your chassis number and they can probably tell you the history (at VW garages) and the original purchase price.

I have an original 1995 brochure which I'm fairly sure has the prices/options in it, will check when I get home and post anything I find (although it will only be for the VR6, 2.0 16V and 2.0 8V).

The guy who owned my vr before me paid £17k for it in 1998 second hand or might even be third hand and i bought it off him for £3.5k im quite happy about that :D

yes i think i have the advert for mine when it went to its 2nd owner and its priced at about £17,500 iirc, is a few for sale on this page from Autotrader, quite strange seeing it

i have a receipt for the aircon that was £1500, did heated, leather recaros cost much more? everything is electric too, are many of them features standard?

I found the original extended warranty for mine the other day from the first owner (a doctor) and he paid £21,890 on 02/08/1992.

It also states that my car was originally registered on a J plate although it looks like a private plate.

Anyone know of any J plate VR's - I have heard that there are some in existence.......?

it's the options that would really kit up the price, when you have full leather etc your talking uite a wedge!

I've still got every sales receipt for mine from the 1st owner, think it was around £17k in 1995....will have to have a look when i get back.

I'm the second owner of mine... I bought her in 1998 approx 2 years old with 12K on the clock... bought from a fellow CCGB member through an advert in the sprinter. I paid 17.5K for mine.

Right I have a 1990 model year price list and 1995 one as well.

A basic valver OTR was £1699.68 from September 89 - this was a 'racing' spec vehicle with no electric windows or sunroof.

You can add £249.17 to that for metallic or pearl paint.

Electric windows were another £536.96, a sunroof comes in at £590.53, heated front seats were £163.21 and leather is £1294.42.

That puts my valver at around £19000 with the unpriced electric cloth recaros!

A G60 (LHD) would set you back £19907.17 OTR with the same option prices.

In 1995 an 8v manual box was £16984.55 OTR auto option was £17884.60

16v set you back £18509.70 OTR, manual box only.

VR manual was £21139.35, auto was £22039.40 OTR.

Pearl paint adds £299.63 to the price, headlamp washes are £186.83, full size spare is a whopping £240.88, leather electric recaros are £2180.80 (this includes a steering wheel, gearknob and gaiter in leather too)

The autobox C is not the most expensive car, that honour goes to the 4 flavours of passat VR6 exclusiv instead.

Right I have a 1990 model year price list and 1995 one as well.

A basic valver OTR was £1699.68 from September 89 - this was a 'racing' spec vehicle with no electric windows or sunroof.

You can add £249.17 to that for metallic or pearl paint.

Electric windows were another £536.96, a sunroof comes in at £590.53, heated front seats were £163.21 and leather is £1294.42.

That puts my valver at around £19000 with the unpriced electric cloth recaros!

A G60 (LHD) would set you back £19907.17 OTR with the same option prices.

In 1995 an 8v manual box was £16984.55 OTR auto option was £17884.60

16v set you back £18509.70 OTR, manual box only.

VR manual was £21139.35, auto was £22039.40 OTR.

Pearl paint adds £299.63 to the price, headlamp washes are £186.83, full size spare is a whopping £240.88, leather electric recaros are £2180.80 (this includes a steering wheel, gearknob and gaiter in leather too)

The autobox C is not the most expensive car, that honour goes to the 4 flavours of passat VR6 exclusiv instead.

Wow, great info, many thanks for that :)

going by that:

car = 21,139.53

Interior = 2,180.80

paint = 299.63

aircon reciept i have = £1562.75

Total of £25,182.71

:!

Was a sunroof standard on a 1995 VR?

ive got a receipt for mine when it was sold with 3k on the clock. It was first a company car then was sold with 3k on the clock for £22,500.

Bloody Hell!

That makes mine £19421.59 OTR

Hard to believe that when you cast an eye over the dirty rat these days!

She's not worth 10% of that now in monetary value, but to me she's priceless!!

it's the options that would really kit up the price, when you have full leather etc your talking uite a wedge!

Ooooo, I've got full leather. How much was it new?

Am i correct in thinking that you double cash value every ten years, so equivalent new price for a leather clad vr today would be ~ £46k ??

well, i think i am wrong on that:

from here

In 2005, £24,500.00 from 1995 was worth:

£31,550.91 using the retail price index

£31,583.47 using the GDP deflator

£37,024.25 using average earnings

£40,176.78 using per capita GDP

£41,688.98 using the GDP

So, i think that the retail price index is the one we want, as it measures the price against other standard goods. However i may be using the GDP measure when i am down the pub later !

Blimey 31k is not a cheap car these days!!

I suppose another comparison would be the difference between a standard Golf GTi now and then (Mk 3 VR6 was £17995.10, a mk 2 8v GTi was £10999.46) plus the difference for a Corrado.

I have no idea what a new mk 5 1.8T GTi goes for these days though.