zak

blackberry vr... 17" rs199's

The manifold, rocker cover etc were degreased and pressure washed then wiped down with meths. I sprayed them with matt black heat resistant paint. I didnt rub the metal down as i wanted to keep the grain so it looked oem, the paint was sprayed in thin coats to let this show through.

heres some pics

IMG_6803.jpg

IMG_6806.jpg

IMG_6810.jpg

IMG_6813.jpg

sweet, thnx, hope you don't mind if I eventually get around to do something similar...lol...:)

Just regular heat resistant paint from a box then I guess?...

thnx again

Wow, what an awesome looking Corrado, love it, is it original paint or resprayed? Looks mint.

Can you do me a favour ? Go and measure from the ground up to the centre of your wheel arch ?? The height looks perfect.

Matt

I just popped out to the garage and measured the arches, measurements are from the ground to the centre of the wheel arch running through the centre cap to ensure it was the middle

Front: 554mm

Rear: 575mm

note on the rs's i ran the platforms on the coils 6mm lower than on the ch's but i dont think that translates to a 6mm higher ride height as the beam had swung forward slightly....

No not 301's they are 5 x 112 fitment rs199 8 x 17 et32, the size and offset worked out perfect for the look i wanted to run. Although after seeing yours i might switch my tyres to 195/40/17 p zeros

Mate, just gotta say your car is consistently amazing! Been following it from the beginning and it's by far my fav on the forum. You have a spooky tendency to share my exact taste in wheels, my top 3 being the ZW1s, RCs and CHs. In fact it was thanks to your original pics that I ended up choosing ZW1s for my own rado. And props for sticking to the OEM+ style, exactly the way I think Corrados should be (though personally I think losing the bump strips is the way forward - left mine off after the respray). Anyway, keep on putting pics up as you go through your next few sets of wheels, gives me a good reference guide for my future choices!

Thanks appreciate your comments, i have a few more wheels i want to run before i put the rs's back on next summer so im not sure how long i will keep the ch's although i am suprised how well they suit the car considering they are a wheel that is not from the same era as the corrado...

'i have a few more wheels i want to run before i put the rs's back on next summer'

I swear you've had more wheels than I've had hot dinners!

They did the CH 006's which were 8.5 x 17 et35 5 x 100 which would be a direct fit but i've never seen any for sale?

Mines are CH 003's which are 8.5 x 17 et35 5 x 112 fitment, ive got double drilled hubs and discs so run both 5 x 100 and 5 x 112 pcd so they bolt straight on.

Is this something you had done to the hubs and discs, or can you actually buy these?

Cheers your car was looking sweet too! Was cool having the two c's at the front of the convoy to Heston

They did the CH 006's which were 8.5 x 17 et35 5 x 100 which would be a direct fit but i've never seen any for sale?

Mines are CH 003's which are 8.5 x 17 et35 5 x 112 fitment, ive got double drilled hubs and discs so run both 5 x 100 and 5 x 112 pcd so they bolt straight on.

Is this something you had done to the hubs and discs, or can you actually buy these?

I had my existing hubs and discs machined

ive just picked up a blackberry rado vr6....

im loving the matt black inlet manifold.....and cover...

wouldnt mine trying that on my car..... love the bbs rc's....................

i have borbet a's to goon mine retro cool....hopefully

looking forward to more updates!!!

hey mate I didn't catch these pictures until now - I must get to see these on the car. Interested to know if they catch on the arches at all? Any pics of the rear wheels side on?

Look superb on the car and change the look considerably. Without seeing them in the flesh, prefer them to the RS'. Sure you don't want your RC's back? ;)

Cars with Stealth as of next week - so could catch up after that - just don't take the wheels off before that!

Any chance your brother would mind having a go at my car? Of course it wouldnt be for free - can see he does a fantastic job.

Leon i like the ch's so they will be staying for the moment and theres no catching but then my arches have been rolled for clearance. Heres how they sit from behind, nicely inside the arch for a 8.5j with 215 section tyres :)

IMG_9491.jpg

How come your sending your car to stealth? Anyhow let me know how you get on with your car and when its back and you can have a look in person. As for your paintwork my bro usually fits the odd car in here and there between uni so yours shouldnt be an issue. Compared to most other cars corrados have really nice paintwork and they come out amazing after a bit of work. Hows the drive with the rc's?

Matt the camera is a Canon Ixy 910IS, its a Jap model and its uk equivelant is the Ixus 860IS. Its a really good point and shoot for both indoor and outdoor shots :)

Loving those CHs - again the colour of the paintwork really works well with them. Interesting no catching on 8.5s. 215s are great for grip too :)

Cars going to Stealth to get a Techtonics exhaust, 263s fitted and a remap, 2 x slim line fans, vibratechnic front mount, abs replaced, alignment and an MOT - wont be too long before its back for more work too!

Good news about your brother - will see if something can be sorted out when i catch you about the wheels. Very happy with the RCs so far - the car feels nice and nimble on them - they could do with being silver rather than ball burnished though.

Keep the pics coming - enjoying them! Is the Canon a DSLR? Looks like quite a wide angle on some of the shots - 17mm or around that