zak

blackberry vr... 17" rs199's

Zak, sorry to say this (applies flame suit) but car's taken a step back on the RS... not because of the colour combo, which I kind of like, just because of the fact they are RS...

The CH's really suited the car and were different, the RS's well they are "Just" RS's (dives for bomb bunker)... :|

You mentioned Merc wheels though? :?

Zak, sorry to say this (applies flame suit) but car's taken a step back on the RS... not because of the colour combo, which I kind of like, just because of the fact they are RS...

The CH's really suited the car and were different, the RS's well they are "Just" RS's (dives for bomb bunker)... :|

Ahem :ignore:

:lol:

Yeah Bill Hate your Blackberry on RS's :lol:

But you know what I mean by "Just" Rs's? :nuts:

Yeah Bill Hate your Blackberry on RS's :lol:

But you know what I mean by "Just" Rs's? :nuts:

Yes I do Jon, I really like the CH's too :) although I'd like to see Zak's on the RS's sitting alongside mine at a show - could do some great mirror image pics

Thanks for the comments positive and negative :D Jon i hear where your coming from, when i see a car at a show or online with rs's i too look past it and think it's just another car running rs's :lol: But imo in real life and day to day driving the car looks superb, wheels are classy yet understated which suits me fine as i dont always like my cars to look modified.

I did mention a set of merc wheels, they would have gone on but i didnt have enough time to drill out the bolt holes in the wheels to accept m14 bolts. If all goes to plan they will be on at the weekend. 8)

zak you change your wheels more often than your chuddies! (you can explain what that means to the 'non asians' :D )

zak you change your wheels more often than your chuddies! (you can explain what that means to the 'non asians' :D )

if any non asians have watched goodness gracious me years ago.. theat means pants right?

:lol: wheels do get changed a bit. i have some forged merc 16's that were meant to go on but the rs's look too good to take off. It will happen though as the rs's need to come off to go silver just ive been preoccupied this week fitting my new flowed head and 263 cams. Its all back together now, jus waiting for a cam triger wheel to come in on tuesday before i can give it a run.I'll post some pictures of the work when i get a chance

zak are your arches rolled? looking at fitting some ch in 17x8.5 how did you get on where there any rubbing issues?

cheers morten

Front arches are rolled flat and the rears are trimmed and sealed. 8.5j et5 ch's need spacing about 4mm to clear the rear strut. I had no rubbing with 215/35/17 tyres hth

Normal suspension will give you more clearance towards the strut side but i dont think they would look good at standard ride height. Especially as they are quite wide.

basically got h&r lowering springs for the nxt few months till im back from ibiza had a tyre go the other day and dont want to buy new tyres twice so was gonna stick a set on now

cheers for the help

morten

When you had your front arches rolled flat, did it cause any paint work damage? Where did you get it done?

i had the arches done at local body shop and they did them using a dolly and hammer. The paint did crack so was redone at the time.

Rs's are still on as im booked for a mapping session at stealth at the end of the month and i need the clearance of the 17's for the rolling road.

IMG_2224.jpg

Rs's are still on as im booked for a mapping session at stealth at the end of the month and i need the clearance of the 17's for the rolling road.

IMG_2224.jpg

You'll want to wind the coils up at the front! Mate's MK2 was turned away recently, after a trip up from N.London, for being too low and looks about the same height! :cuckoo:

Jon I'm not sure on the ride height either, i asked Vince and he said theres no measuremet i can take as its different for every car, was you friend on 17's? Although the car is low on the arches it has plenty of ground clearance because of the 17's

Heres two more pics

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

im booked in on the 30th of this month although my cars mysteriously started cutting out and misfiring when cold in the last few days so i want to get that resolved before i go down.