Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Who has a 'master plan'

Ive spent the weekend tearing my interior apart in order to replace the sunroof mechanism, and whilst i was doing it i spotted all sorts of little niggling things that i want to get sorted. Now ive had a few of my mates question why im spending so much money on 'just a valver', but this hasnt stopped me. Since buying the car 9 months back i have spent around £1500 on it, including a full engine rebuild.

Now when the engine was knackered i was considering getting rid of the car, but when ive hit obstacles with my past 2 cars i got rid of them, so i decided to carry on with this one are spent the required money on it.

Now my master plan is to purchase my old polo saloon back from my uncle and use it as a daily, then spent the necessary money as and when i can on the C to get it how i want it. Then once the bodywork and interior is up to standard the plan is to get an engine conversion, possible 1.8T or even a 2.0L FSI by the time i get to that stage! Then with the rebuild KR lump drop that into the polo.

This is most likely one of those plans that will never actually end up happening, but it justifies my current spending on the car.

Anyone else have a master plan with their cars?

Blimey - good plan mate.

Now I've got another car, my plan (at the moment) is to make the rado as light as possible. I really want to know how much weight can be ditched.

i may be rentin a garage soon so my plan is to get a winter runabout an garage the rado for the shity winter mths :D

I had a master plan for my 1st rado - then I sold my flat, got some cash and found one that was exactly what I wanted so I sold mine and bought it instead...!

Regret selling both of them now... :(

Would love to get another and go through with what i originally wanted to do....

The S3 is reluctantly going on the market soon cos I'm going to be working away for a while.

On the look out for grey leather recaros for the VR that's the first priority followed by VGI, 268s InPro lights all round with HIDs just to bring it up to date a little.

Long term fancy buying an old C and grafting a complete R32 into it, 4x4 and all, helps having a spare garage where my project can live!

Mines not far away from where I want it!

Need a Re-map, Some new Coilies, Re-do all the suspensions bushes and I think I'll be somewhere near!

BTW Skinnyman.....Best thing I've done to my car is Drop a 1.8T into it!

Got lots of ideas on what i'd love to do to the car but they all involve lots of cash.. in a dream world a full engine rebuild, respray (including some strategic smoothing) and some desirable wheels.. Just need a small lottery win to make it happen!

well i added up my wishlist last night (usual engine/transmission/suspension mods for a vr) and it came to just over £7k's worth so might be taking my time over it!! :lol: I don't drive every day so luckily i wouldn't need another car inbetween.

However, i did begin to think tonight that maybe I'd like to try another older VW to go with it to broaden my horizons! :D

My plan is to get a set of lightweight wheels (probably BBS RC's) asap, get a new bonnet, big brake upgrade, drop in a 1.8T or FSI, big ICE upgrade, full respray, leather.

Going to be getting a second car at some point soon though as it's currently averaging 400 miles a week with work, getting sick of crawling over speedbumps and finding new stonechips/scratches seemingly every day :(

nearly there with ours./ Really love the g60 engine so an sticking with that untill it dies. Then see what is around. Hopefully wont be for a few years yet.......

Paint in the next couple of month and sorting out the leather plus a couple of bits of trim and I should be happy.........

Untill I think of something else..

I've STILL got more plans for mine but I'm now getting into the REALLY expensive stuff - and the final parts are getting much more complicated!!!!

my plan waas to do my interior first, then engine, then bodywork...... but..

The diff went, so decided to do the engine first. Timing chains, clutch, and diff. When the engine was out, found out that I needed new water/oil pumps, new sump, head rebuild, 6-branch as my exhaust mani was cracked... but....

Crashed the car on the way to G-werks for the engine work. So the bodywork has been brought forward!

Only the interior left to do, and as I'd already been buying everything I needed (TV headunit, 'scape doorpods and rainbows, DDI dials/rings and red LEDs to convert all the switches) I dont needto buy much more. Just need sound deadening and a few more stereo bits.

Obviously nothing no 'plan' is ever complete. Already wanting some new rims for when all the bodywork is done, but some 'plans' are always too expensive....

Forever adding things to 'the list'. As it gets things done, more gets added. I've got a lot of things done though - mechanically the cars sorted pretty much now. only thing to grumble about is the paintwork. but since i'm going to be tracking it several times monthly funds permitting - theres no point in worrying about that. as long as i quickly nip any rust in the bud - been good so far in that respect. So i'll continue to replace/uprate/clean/paint parts and after every track day decide what needs to be changed based on its performance (or lack of). no doubt the list will quickly grow again. engine mounts, wheels, brakes, higher rated springs, gearbox/clutch/flywheel are my next jobs. its all about the function here...

Well i posted up my 'master plan' a little while back. My plan with the rado first is to supercharge it, i have the money now so just waiting for one to come up! Once its supercharged and i have done bushes/bearings/ball joints etc to get it driving nice i then intend on getting the rear end smoothed on it then most probably leave it and just save up to insure it for when i go back to uni.

But the next part of the plan is to buy an old mk1 golf to use for uni, one thats a little tatty but a good runner. Use that whilst at uni and occassionally bring the C out for a play when funds for fuel allow! But when i have finished uni and am back earning degree wages i intend to bring the C back out as the daily and start restoring the mk1 to show condition, get it looking how i want and eventually drop the vr lump from the C into the golf and put a 24v or R32 engine into the C along with the supercharger bolted on.

So then i will have a nice reliable but stupidly fast supercharged 24v corrado looking how i want it (with some additions along the way like leather recaros or TT seats and flared arches etc) and a mint condition mk1 golf vr6 show car 8)

This is obviously just a dream though and in real life probably wont happen but the supercharged corrado and old mk1 is definately happening, the only thing that might not happen is the engine transplants!

My grand plan is to purchase a house with a garage so i can bring my S1 RST down from the north to use as my weekend, nice weather, fun car. Then use the C as my daily, improving it as i go as i reckon all the bushes, joints and suspension are past their best. Much squeaking and clunking going on for my liking lol!!

I've even got a set of immaculate D90's with mint tyres i've had for 5 months, that i've never got round to sourcing adaptors for so i can fit them :oops:

Not a particularly grand 'grand' master plan, but as i'm brassick (as always) i can't see it happening anytime soon!

My grand plan involves pretty much everything, 1st thing is bushes suspension etc then stick in some ATP head bolts & metal gasket & 'charge it :twisted: Where the money's coming from I don't know, but I sat down with my wife yesterday and looked at moving to houses with nice big garages :D

My "master plan" envolves a lot of work, a lot of money, a new interior, a paint job, and a turbo........

......Unfortunately I don't have any money!

Must sell more shift lights!

New engine, high compression, low weight, cage and a second set of wheels with ao48's on.

For now, providing it's running I'm happy.

New engine, high compression, low weight, cage and a second set of wheels with ao48's on.

For now, providing it's running I'm happy.