Sign in to follow this  
VRev6

How fast have you had out of your standard VR?

had 140 on the clock 3 up in mine whipping a type r into shape. 143 on my own. feels rock solid and really comfy. has got coilovers but thats it. for now. when funds allow i think amd remap and a powerflow zorst are on the cards. and a k+n panel filter too! :twisted:

on the FTO one, i had a race at an FTO owners meet with a bloke in a gr manual and a gpvr both new shape or facelift 97- models, and mine was a 95 gr tip, and neck and neck up to 100 all of us, so there aint that much difference between them, i was suprised but you can do 80mph in second in the tip models. and the gearboxes are good just takes a bit f time learning about the best times to change gear (in tip mode that is). has yours got the sunroof and rear wiper etc, and is it a sport package model i.e. 16" alloys,front fogs, side skirts and boot spoiler?

had 183mph indicated on my bike and i've had 143 in the c but i didnt hold it there and it wasnt totally flat out although the faster ya go the further out the speedo calibration is

although the faster ya go the further out the speedo calibration is

Certainly is. Supercharged had his speedo at 158 and the actual (GPS) mileage was 150 dead. As mine was resting on the stop past 160 and didn't have GPS, I have no idea what the actual mph was.... 123 probably!

Just got a new fastest speed out of the 'ol VR.

Was driving down the M62 tonight, cup of coffee in hand, having just filled up with a tank full of shell '95 cos the optimax is just getting too pricey; when a 225 S3 and a fancy looking impreza came past at about a ton.

Jumped on the back and went for a few miles when the Impreza nails it and Audi follows. Put the pedal to the metal, gets past the S3 and pulling up on the Impreza- looked at the clock- 158 :shock: :shock: (this is downhill and getting a pull from someone). The VR felt solid as a rock at this speed and I am sure I must have given the Audi a shock.

The Guy in the Impreza pulls into the outside lane and we drew level at indicated 155mph, he looks across and gives me a grin only to see me with one hand on the wheel drinking a cup of coffee :)

Good fun I tell thee

The Guy looks across and gives me a grin only to see me with one hand on the wheel drinking a cup of coffee :)

Good fun I tell thee

Ice white socks ................................... chocolate brown undies !!!!!! :|

Ice white socks ................................... chocolate brown undies !!!!!!

aye- your not wrong. :(

Its not as scary as you think when you have got three lanes of empty M62 to play with. :D

Was thinking how the fook I got this speed out of the VR- The external temp was minus 2 and I reckon that was the reason why it went so fast :?

I managed (indicated) 154/5ish on the M25 very early one morning on the way to Gatwick however a mate following in an M3 said the GPS was showing at 145 so i'd be a bit more inclined to go with his reading. 1 mph short of the claimed 146 is not bad for a standard 147k VR with 1 passenger and luggage tho.

Whatever you do tho do not flick the MFA to MPG setting. Mine indicated 11.2 and dropping fast!!!

The M25 is littered with those evil infra-red speed camara's - you want be careful, they will have your license off you in a jiffy if your snapped by one of those buggers. You can see them hanging on the corner of the bridge type displays you get arched across the road.

not sure why i've not commented on this thread before!

anyway, the fastest i went in my old VR was an indicated 148mph on the way back from a failed attempt to visit a VW summer nights meeting with H8RRA and Chrisvr6 nos. driving back up a deserted a19 in a (aprox) 148mph 3 corrado convoy was masses of fun! The needle was slowly climbing too, but as Jim says, slow moving objects tend to suddenly be very close before you realise and I scared myself with how quickly a lorry trundling along in the inside lane was coming at me, so backed right off.

Back in september on the way back from no-rice I got a flash from a golf vr6 joining the m3. we were just about side by side all the way up to 142 but I bottled it and backed down. took me about 2 hours to calm down.

It was amazing going that speed but I think I would much rather go flat out on a track where I might not slam into some dopey Micra driver who just needs to pull out with out looking and it is game over. (moral thing over)

I've seen just over 235 on a closed road in Belgium.

....kp/h though unfortunately!!

I could let go of the wheel too and she still stayed in a straight line with no wheel vibration what-so-ever. Amasing beasts...

Dutch

i had an indicated 145 outta my last raddo vr6, and that was about 10 minutes after i'd just bought it, ha ha, then i sold that one, and bought ma storm, seen an indicated 155 down a "private" road in that since, dont tend to drive that fast any more, got nothing to prove, as the raddo looks good, and drives well, so no need to go mad! Just got caught speeding on ma motorbike anyway, going to court on the 24th, uh oh!

I know the VR is capable of more but I'm so scared of getting caught speeding that I normally bottle it about 100mph and ease off the accelerator!! I need my driving licence!!

Wasn't there some loophole or old lorry drivers tale about the M6 tollroad being imune fromt he fuz caus it wasnt a public road???

Had an indicated 140mph from my vr and i know my speedo is reading 5mph over across the range but there seemed to be plenty left in reserve, just had to slow up due to upcoming obstructions :wink:

Well this is a surprise, a thread this deep aboout standard VR's!

Well i guess i'll shout in.

I've seen 160mph many times when the car was normally aspirated and 165mph on the clock when charged.

And no, it was never on a private road, very much on a public road every time other wise it's less fun! :wink:

Chris

one of the best roads ive been on in recent times is the M6 toll road near birmingham,its vertualy empty

that road is sooo tempting to boot it, i have seen cars pulled by the police on there, what for i dont know, hardly a good advertisement to use it though if they were heavy handed in policing it :wink:

The M6 toll gets hit by the police every so often, you definitely can't assume it's immune.

The road is not a private road, so don't even think about trying to get off a speeding ticket..!

I love it when you leave the toll plaza bit.. barrier opens, dump the clutch and see who else you can beat out of the gates ;)

Hehe...

Well a few posts ago i said i showed 165mph on my clock and sure it would have kept going to 170mph!

So what's mine, chopped liver?

Pretty much the top end is governed by gearing anyway.

Chris

Hi there I own a 91 corrado G60 and I easily managed to get 150 mph out of mine a few years ago (private road) the only difference being it has a stainless exhuast!

:scatter:

However saying that its now been off the road knackered for a year as I prepare to rebuild it :oops: