Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Edition 38 seller - takes the money and then asks for more

Agreed a price on some AP brakes with an Edition 38 forum user and sent money electronically via the requested bank transfer less than 10 minutes after coming to an agreement.

Received a PM from seller today saying that he's had a better offer but he would still be happy to sell the brakes to me if I pay him an additional £125 via PayPal

WTF :bad-words:

I know I can't force him to sell me the brakes but I payed immediately and it isn't like I forced him to agree to my offer

To say I'm hacked off is a slight understatement

id ask him give send you the money back sounds like the type of person to stay well away from doing business with!

A deal should be a deal. There are some people who have very little honour. Dish the dirt on Ed 38!! Make sure you get your money back first though, plus any changes for the bank transfer.

What a weasel. As with every awkward situation I encounter, I'd advise posting them a turd.

I tried to keep all negotiations in the thread on E38 but he kept PM'ing me, as soon as I sent the money I stated so in the thread but it was never locked - hoping the Moderators can have a quiet word in his ear

Just looked at the thread... Where does the extra £125 come from, they were advertised at prices close to (from £25 - £75 of) to the price you discussed with him. What a complete sperm weasel. I'd be hopping up and down...

They were originally up for £550 + postage, they eventually came down to £450 + postage but there were still no takers, we agreed £425 incl. postage and I sent the money immediately. Apparently he's been offered £525 and buyer will collect, extra £125 he wants from me is to match the other offer plus £25 to cover postage.

Whilst I accept that my offer is lower, he agreed to it and took my money - Id be kiking myself at missing out on abetter offer BUT I would honour the deal I had with the original buyer (whose money I'd already taken)

I'm getting more and more angry about this now

That's not on. I hope you get your money back soon and with minimal hassle. What a jerk. Also, is this other buyer really there? It just seems a bit odd because the price he wants now is very near what they were originally up for.

Thats completly out of order, this is exactly why we have the fixed price rule on here and all negotiations within the thread.

Yip! - as much as people moan, it's only to try and avoid this type of mess, i'm sure the mods get more than their fare share of hassle on there. Hope you manage to sort it all out Andy.

Its certainly easier buying and selling on here - never had any problems at all - the rules might be strict here but they are there to protect all parties - Corrado Forum RULES OK :lol:

oh dear, dont know how people can do this sort of thing, its really out of order. A deal is a deal and my opinion of it is that as soon as money has exchanged hands the item is officially yours. If you dont need them desperatly i'd tell him to get bent and go elsewhere. you never know the other guy could be a timewaster so they MAY be back up for sale again, in which case you offer him £380 delivered for being a W*nker!

Insanity. Just demand a refund from him and tell him to shove it. I've never heard such a ridiculous load of pap from a seller!

The VW scene really isn't what it used to be.

People like that make me puke - he deserves putting in stocks and being pelted with tomatos at E38. That's what he deserves...

(thinking about it a bit more)

In legal terms he has broken the law of contract here. You made an agreement for the sale, consideration has been passed... you are legally entitled to take him to court, force the deal at the price you both agreed, and recover your legal costs from him. You could also consider reporting him to the Police for attempted extortion.

You should buy your brakes from Bill Brockbank, Andy - how many times do I have to tell you this ?

:wink:

Now posted my views on the original E38 For Sale thread, hope the seller feels just a little bit guilty.

FFS some people just are out to mess people around.

A deal is a deal, if he wanted more money then he should have said no to your offer.

bad news andy :( were these the brakes from CupraUNT if so?? just take the upra from out of he's ed38 user name, and you have what he is :)

QUOTE(CupraUNT @ Aug 3 2007, 09:02 AM)

argh... hard bargain, £425 and they are yours. pm sent, can send the whole amount if you like. Thanks QUOTE

Payment sent as discussed via PM

So which bit of this ISN'T an acceptance of a deal? (Noticed he'd removed that part of his post too, shame the quote function retains it!

Complete Twot.....

Andy have ypou had any feedback from teh Mods on Ed38?

Just had a message from the piece of ###t

"They are sold, let me have your bank account details and i will transfer the money back. Let the moderators know, i let you know in advance and i let you know after, and i will refund your money - more than some may do. You bent me over a barrel for that price and then a guy waved an extra £125 under my nose, 98% of people would have taken the cash and you know it. i didnt owe you anything, i dont know you. Lifes a bitch i am afraid but dont be bitter"

No feedback from the E38 mods yet I'm afraid - people like this really don't do the VW scene much good

What a fcuking turd. Hope he's at ed38 in september. I'm tempted to poo in his fuel tank now... What an utter utter prick. Might be worth finding the other forums he resides on and pming the mods to let them know what he gets up to...

What a throbber.

Is he going to E38, maybe we should send the 'boyz' (ahem) round?

People like that need sterilising..

What an 'A' hole, posted on his thread just to bump it and let everyone see what a knob he is to deal with :2gunfire:

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, on Ed38 also, guy selling an air rifle, I agreed to pay the asking price plus postage, he gives me his details for payment, hour later he says he had a better offer :? then I find out he had done the same to Goldie!!! WTF? Maybe he thought we were gonna offer more :lol: not fekin likely