Sign in to follow this  
Nick_Micouris

The Top Gear C

Sounds like a good plan Jim :)

Might want to consider copyright issues, if selling through the forum though.

I'm interested in downloading... Can burn my own CD, but I'd like to get an archive of TV clips if poss.

Just out of curiosity, were there ever any TV commercials for the Corrado? Maybe in germany?

Yeah I was gonna suggest that route about donations, although I think that's still a little tenuous.

Sure it will be fine if kept to PM's/email though. :)

I could be wrong but I seem to remember a feature on the Corrado on Channel 4's 'Driven' about 2 years ago, i'm sure it was a chap called Mike Brewer who presented it. Does anyone else remember this, or even better, have a copy of it? 8)

I could be wrong but I seem to remember a feature on the Corrado on Channel 4's 'Driven' about 2 years ago, i'm sure it was a chap called Mike Brewer who presented it. Does anyone else remember this, or even better, have a copy of it? 8)

Yeah, I remember it, and you're right about it being Mike Brewer. It was roughly the time that the Car mag with the yellow G60 on the cover came out with "the great depreciation buster" as the title... 8)

Don't have a copy though... Sorry... :?

I saw some really quick feature on sky the other week. Was on some minor channel on, IIRC, 5th gear?

Anyhoo,

Had the corrado (vr6) with the reviewer saying how it was an amazing car and available in several guises...all good. Talked about good handling and rarity. I think the point of it was for those looking for something less common and a solid buy.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it again, bound to be on a again knowing sky.

munkay think that was the one on Deals on Wheels.

I taped it and I'm sending it to Jim to have encoded as an mpeg.

Yeah mike, thats the one

I thought I was wrong with 5th gear :)

The feature was pretty cr4p, but still it woke me up from a sunday afternoon sofa kip :)

well spotted :)

Sorry to dredge this up from the history books, but did you guys get anything sorted with video clips in the end? I know the Corrado Club of Canada have the Top Gear segment up from the 23rd November, but does anyone have any other Corrado clips?

If you need hosting I have space that can be used and I'd love to get some more Corrado on tape action :)

Let's dredge this one up again. Does ANYONE have a copy of this programme?

PMs to DaveStorm very much appreciated, thanks 8)

I have the good MPG (108MPG) of the original articles on the Corrado and the trip to the musem. If someone wants to open up their FTP server I'll gladly upload it for people to download/view. (It's a larger version than the one Jamie mentioned).

Cheers,

Guy

You got PM.. can arrange something to get those videos! :)

(Thread resurrection time!)

Does anyone have a copy of the top gear episode mentioned above? I'd really like to see that one (sure others would too)

Does anyone remember the Top Gear episode where they took a Storm back to the Volkswagen Museum.That must rate as one of the best Top Gears ever 8)

Would love to see that....

Ah cool,

Both the Top gear features ('88 and recent one) are on the Rolling road day vid along with the Driven episode.

Would love to see the other Top Gear one though.

I have that at home somewhere, might see if I can dig it out...

Did you find it Blair? Really would like to see it if you have!

Not yet! I kind of "archived" my tapes when I bought a DVD recorder about 14 months ago (ie. stuffed in various cupboards!) so fingers crossed...!

From digging back in the thread i thought chargedupstorm had it digitised:

« chargedupstorm » wrote:I have the good MPG (108MPG) of the original articles on the Corrado and the trip to the musem. If someone wants to open up their FTP server I'll gladly upload it for people to download/view. (It's a larger version than the one Jamie mentioned).

Cheers,

Guy