OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

Much as I absolutely adore the BBS splits, I have to say I think the RH's suit yrs better... Still a better car than I'll ever have!

Thank god you put the RS' back on !! Looks amazing again ! I do like the RH but the RS' are perfect . Look forwaed to seeing what the other set will look like ....

You don't actually drive the car do you Gareth? The evidence is plain to see in the condition of the seats :wink:

As for the something extra....there's something at the bottom of the driver's seat that looks different?

Hmmmm, clean aren't they!?!

gold centers on a silver car, brave choice but i think it might pay off! that interior shot blew me away, utterly immaculate!

right.

lovely car.

i preffered the RH's. 17" BBS look a lil large on some cars. mass of silver i think.

i tihnk gold will clash with silver

and i hate the colour coded roundel ont h back and the head lamp covers, but only because the car is silver, as it shows up more black lines and looks very cluttered, and shopws the grille up as a black mass.

but,t he cr is beautifully mint and the other touches are great. love the colour coded handles with the black side trim still in place (something id in any other case rip off)

i love the interior.

so clean.

and id love them RS with black centres, would tone the car down a bit and maybe even a wider lip, but for OEM+ std lip, black centres.

Looks great Gareth - personally I think the gold centres will work well with the silver body, go for it! 8) :wink:

Thanks for the comments, especially from those who like the car :lol: , but in all seriousness its the healthy difference of opinion and differing tastes in styling that keep the scene interesting and active, so all comments are welcome.

To explain my rationale with the car will give some insight into what I have tried to achieve.

The overall objective is simple, I am essentially a big fan of the 'original' Karmann product that is the VW Corrado but wanted to clean and enhance certain minor features of the car to my own taste rather than using the car as a platform for highly modded custom creation.

Of course this is all subjective and just my personal opinion, there are no rights and wrongs once you deviate from stock.

1 The ride height is too high especially in terms of a sporting coupe, hence the fitment of coilovers to improve handling and fine tune the ride height. My car is not set fashionably low, just more purposeful like a performance VAG car such as RS Audis

2 I believe the chrome effect standard badges look cheap and I think the colour coded rear badges and black front rondell help clean the look whilst retaining a stock effect. The same is true of the door handles which in truth are large and ugly. In order to keep a more stock look however rather than wholesale change I have fitted colour coded lockless passat handles to clean the effect.

3 The headlamp surounds were colour coded to focus the effect of the black grille. I believe that on such a light coloured car the black surrounds and grille together create a 'black hole effect' at the front of the car. (I wouldn't have cdone this to a dark car, there simply is no need)

4 The amber sections of the rear lamps detract from the overall styling look and the subtle red tinting creates an OE look of other VWs without looking modified.

5 Wheels are always an emotive subject. I prefer OE style wheels from the correct period and the BBS RS was an option which was quoted as being deveploed especially for the Corrado motorsport application? In any event they fit perfectly without alteration or adaptors ( or carrying other Margues logos) and give the styling look I prefer. To me the Corrado looks underwheeled on 15" rims.

Very little else has been changed too much but the addition of an OE style Supersprint exhaust and the fitment of Factory leather Recaros only serve to enhance the OEM+ styling. So whilst the car won't float everyone's boat I thought you might like some insight into the thought processes which lead to its evolution. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Gareth

1, 2 and 4 - Spot on.

3 doesn't work at all imo, makes the nose look weird. It's the focal point of the front of the car and define's the car's attitude.

5 - I'm still not convinced on the RS. They make the car look longer as do the 15s. And Gold? Asim's car could pull that off but I'm afraid yours wouldn't and how is gold in anyway keeping an OE theme?

Very jealous of the seats though!

Everyone loving those seats Gareth!

Car's perfect, doesn't really matter about gold or silver, so why go to the expense?

5 - I'm still not convinced on the RS. They make the car look longer as do the 15s. And Gold? Asim's car could pull that off but I'm afraid yours wouldn't and how is gold in anyway keeping an OE theme?

Sadly me neither. I've just never 'got' those wheels on the Corrado i'm afraid. But your Corrado on the RH's is, as far as i'm concerned, Corrado perfection. I wouldn't change anything else on it OSV!

Sadly me neither. I've just never 'got' those wheels on the Corrado i'm afraid.

Don't understand how anyone couldn't like RS' on the C !!! I loved the original G60 rims (take it you don't like them ??) but thought they need to be bigger, G60 rims are based on the RS design so they are perfect !!

IMHO the RS's normally look very good on a C but in the case of silver (or other light colour) black centers look better (and this is something seen on other factory VAG cars) Gold centers just look wrong on a silver car and like the silver centers will always work well with a dark colour... silver and gold together just reminds me of chav Argos jewelry :roll:

If you don't want black centers I personally feel it will always look better on the RH's with silver centers...

I'm afraid I also agree with Kev's statement about your h/l surrounds...

This post isn't intended as a slagging off though as I really feel this is one of the best VR's I've seen. The level of finish and attention to detail is a credit to the owner!!!! It's your car dude - do what you like with it 8)

See, now that looks great... Always bear in mind that you have a car that 99% of people on here would utterly love to own, and I think you can be proud of all the hard work...

Still going gold on the RS's?

Preferred the silver surrounds, looked fresher and more distinctive. To me they were your signature marking out OSV from the rest of the crowd.

I much prefered the silver surrounds aswell-totally agree on only doing it on a light coloured car.But if you fancied doing it on my Aqua Blue id be happy to give you a straight swap.

I think the RS301 is the best OE+ look wheel you could possibly put on a VR6----Im in the market for some,well when i say in the market i need to find the cash and some that are for sale.

I think because your car is so very clean the Gold centres will look great on it.

Cheers Fraser

now thats 100% for me

either wheels (not gold centres) look class, nice to have the choice though!

front end looks a bit more open now. if ya know what i mean

interior to die for

and i like the rubbing strips on carries on from the grill

8)

that is looking fantastic 8)

think it looks better with black grill and surrounds,that vr6 badge stands proud :-P and i dont think the gold centered wheels would work.

but hey thats just my opinion.

looks superb at the mo to me m8,and im not really a fan of any bbs!

neil.

Looking really sweet - imo the black surrounds work better and for some reason make the BBS suit it better... will it be at E38?

Yeh, Edition 38 this year the C will be going, too far to go in the Polo again.