tim20vt

fully rebuilt 20vt

Mate bell me up about the shields,i`ll take them back to my dealer if they are wrong..... strong work mate....gutted..

Like watching somebody cheating with my misses....!!!!!

lol,if it makes ya feel any better i dont think she likes me,nearly bit me little finger off,dropped crap allover my carpet and didnt come apart willingly :-)

Oooh nice work, do you own the cv puller? does the hub just pull off then once all bolts removed? i think i'll be asking you a lot of questions doing my refurb Tim :lol:

Yeah id be interested to know basically on my brothers raddo the ABS rotor thats joined to the hub is bent causing abs sensor to make a loud pitch squeel at slow speeds my question is can you remove the hub & abs rotor without having to use the cv puller etc?

Nice work on the cars by the way saw the 20vt at harewood last year very nice

Cheers Jon

cheers guys,i have never had to use a puller to push cv joints out of the hub before they just slide in and out on my 20v no problem once the hub nut is off,but they werent shifting on this,alot of it realy didnt want to come apart,that puller is just a standard two leg puller i have and it was breaking the bolts that hold the legs on,i was using this just to release the cv from the hub so i could remove the entire hub housing.

to get the abs ring off you would need to press the hub out of the bearings and then take the screws out that hold it to the hub,i didnt press the new ones in andy gave me a second pair of housings with new bearings fitted and the hubs pressed back in,but on any others i have done we have a 15 tonne press at work so i just use this, i think it would be very difficult without one so probably best to take the entire hub housing to a garage.

the plan is for the mrs to drive it to some local shows so we can take them both

Edited by tim20vt

Yeah id be interested to know basically on my brothers raddo the ABS rotor thats joined to the hub is bent causing abs sensor to make a loud pitch squeel at slow speeds my question is can you remove the hub & abs rotor without having to use the cv puller etc?

Nice work on the cars by the way saw the 20vt at harewood last year very nice

Cheers Jon

just sent you a pm with some picys!!

good work tim! so you now have 2 corrados? as if one wasnt enough ;)

with a bit of dry weather finaly had chance to get out for a proper drive on some decent roads,i think its rained non stop since picking it up,next to do is to refit its side strips..

its amazing how different both of them are to drive..

hopefully we can take one of them to the ccgb national day but with a 500mile round trip it will probably be the 20v rado.

IMAG0273.jpg

Edited by tim20vt

Oooh the picture with the tap is what I mean Tim on mine, looks like the hub bit the wheel bolts to is also splined and needs pushing out too.

Think i'll take it to the garage to do as i'm gonna struggle with that.

i dont think its stopped raining since i got this car,took it for a run and gave it a clean havnt had a lot of spare time so not alot has been going on with the cars.

need to get the side strips back on i refurbed and take this one to tatton park,need to take the other for mot before vw festival.

IMAG0327.jpg

the plan was to have a run up to the cumbria vag show last sunday as its a great drive from here but with the weather i never made it,looks like it held out so we should have gone :-(

Edited by tim20vt

sadly our pending house move fell through meaning i have no where for c5oem to live so its going to have to go :-(

on a good note the 20vt went straight through the mot last night :-)

Shame that C5 has to go. It's a cracking car. Bristolbaron you should buy it :) I certainly hope is stays on the forum.

Shame that C5 has to go. It's a cracking car. Bristolbaron you should buy it :) I certainly hope is stays on the forum.

If i can sort out money before it goes I 100% will. It's making me feel a bit sick that it's come up again so soon, I have to sell mine before I could go for this so will be sorting adverts etc shortly.

same boat as you baron, NEED this car, my proposal.... ill swap C5 for an organ of your choice? preferably nothing vital? could maybe do a kidney? limbs also available, would you consider an leg? maybe a Ear? possible to part with a testicle on request? let me know mate, sure body parts a worth summit on the black market!?

Hurts me seeing this...!!

could be worse man, could be breaking it for parts! if that happend i think alot of people would actually cry! i want this car so much!

could be worse man, could be breaking it for parts! if that happend i think alot of people would actually cry! i want this car so much!

Just guts me I can`t raise the money to buy it back,

Just guts me I can`t raise the money to buy it back,

mate, i think everyone on this forums wishes they had the money to buy it.... you created one of the best specimens i have seen. and for under 3k aswell? madness boi! just hope she goes to a good home, it genuinly saddens me when i think it might end up in the hands of some fu- -cking halfords loving spas-tic, and end up having neons and racing stripes and lexus lights and rip speed aerials and wolfrace wheels and mirror tinted windows.................oh god it scares me that she may end up there!.. its worrying people like that actually do exist, if she ends up in a home like that i will personally find them and castrate them! meanwhile i will continue to try and sell my body on the streets untill i can raise 2895!

ej what you saying about me like!!!!!!!?

Wish I had somewhere for it as it would go n axle stands for now and sit and wait till I sold the blackberry and then have a nice standard vr and a mental one!!!!

Well I'm seriously interested I have to say.. need to think it through for a day or so.

C5 OEM - would you be interested in another VR6 as a project? I'd sell it for way, way less than it cost me. Thinking in the order of like £1,500... cost me another £2000 on top only two years ago! :|

The car is sound - interior is in great shape, needs a bit of body work... engine is a high miler but in good running order..

As I said when it was being sold last time, I saw this car when C5 bought it from the previous owner in Bristol. It was a cracking car back then and that owner had it many years. I do regret not buying it at the time but my job situation changed (had the possibility to work in Singapore but it didn't happen). It was fantastic then. It's even more fantasticer now (made up word lol).

Jim please buy it otherwise im going to start getting silly ideas. Like you it probably makes more sense for me to sell mine and buy this. Desperately trying not to think that way :)