tim20vt

fully rebuilt 20vt

Timmy,

Great work mate. Puts my project to shame at the moment; started mine in April this year but as I don't have a garage that you can actually get a car in, I'm left with working outside. Make doing bodywork a nightmare so I haven't touched it yet.

Yours looks stunning though, I hope to god that mine turns out ok.

Keep up the good work!!!

Jim

finaly got all the primer sorted seemed to take forever to get it all ready for the paint.

a few with the first coats

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

then a fair few guns full later

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

its now mostly sanded back down im waiting for some compound to start buffing it up il take more pics along the way while flatting and polishing.

good work my friend 8)

thanks it looks much darker than it is probably because the lights are under plastic sheeting thats now coverd in paint its actually this colour.

used-2002-saab-93-se-8730-5533446-3-640.jpg

:notworthy: full respect for this one looks like a great job ,i dont mind tacklin mechanical stuff ,but when i decided on full respray i gave it to a resoration company .well done that man .

got most of it wet sanded and buffed think i mite do the bonnet again due to a bit of dust but i will get the car built up first.

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

roof reflection after a clean

DSC_0084.jpg

and started to rebuild it,the dash goin back in.

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

need to find a carpet now think it will be brown bound with all the leather off cuts.

Just read through the entire build thread and it's a real credit to you. Congratulations, you must be chuffed with how it's turning out and well done for sticking with it and not cutting corners.

Mark

I'm blown away by this build, it's something I'd love to do to my Corrado oneday, when I've got my own double garage.

Watching with keen interest!

thanks all :)

just changed the oil and filled it with antifreeze.

im now waiting for the abs sensors and reardiscs and bearings to get it rolling.

also made a start on covering the rest of the roof parts heres the interior light holder,now need to do the sunvisors next.

DSC_0096.jpg

one of the door cards wasnt right so i started to stip an old one down to re do it.

DSC_0093.jpg

just changed the oil and filled it with antifreeze.

Don't put antifreeze in your oil!! :lol:

I thought it would stop my oil turning in to cola slush puppy when it gets realy cold

:D

got the head liner and sunroof parts coverd the sunvisors arnt so easy

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

half way through the last seat to leather :)

DSC_0104.jpg

my new abs sensors and rear discs and bearings have arrived so back to the car tmrw.

you got any pictures of the sun visors, i tried this with a needle and my hands, was insanley hard and took me a long time for something which quilte obviously looked crap so i got rid of them, aat the monent their sprayed black which looks ok but my roof is brown and i want them in the material used on my roof lining but it seems impossible as their small and getting the detail out of them would be silly hard.

Good efort on this interior mate, kills it.

shit mate. excellent work! loving the attention to detail. look forward to seeing this finished :D

cheers guys got a bit stuck as i couldnt get to it because of the snow,but im just doing the brakes now so pretty boaring rust removal,il get some pics.

cant say im happy with them visors i think i am going to do the roof and visors in brown leather now instead.but basicaly you can cover them like you do a steering wheel,if that helps.

been busy painting i wasnt happy with the body i got too mutch dust in it and could still see it very faintly after flatting and buffing i dont think il be in any rush to rebuild any more cars after this one so i did it all again and took the time to build the garage out like a proper booth over the last couple of months .i got my sen a load of fans to get some air moving then i decided to wait till it warms up so the paint would tack off quicker , so now we final got some warm weather i got back on it,re did the shell then moved on to the doors etc.i must have got some better airflow through the garage i had minimal dust and and the extra time spent been super clean paid off,trying to get a show standard paint job in a garage hasnt proved easy.

after everything i have done to this body i cant see how any company could do this amount of work to the same standard unless i had paid rediculous amounts,removing any rust from the whole shell has taken ages so im glad i did it my self and didnt send it away for respray.

nearly there now the front panels just at the sand blasters and i have just orderd all the remaining parts from vw more bolts bits of trim new calipers etc etc.

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

Edited by tim20vt

awesome mate and great skills, fair play for doing that in your garage, looks soooper :)

it might have been a drag doing it yourself, but you know for sure nothings been covered up!