Sign in to follow this  
gradeAfailure

Dub #4 - working my way back to a C!

Well, retro as the Mk2 Polo saloon was, after it tried to kill Laura on her way to work (that'll be me forgetting to shut the bonnet properly then :oops: ), and the acquisition of a small amount of funding, a decision was made to get something a bit bigger and more solid...

Presenting... Miss G :)

MissG.jpg

Bit of a blurry camera phone pic from Ed38, but she seemed to enjoy being surrounded by Corrados!

I have a few plans as and when finances allow, but the main thing is she's mechanically solid and has had a lot of money spent on the brakes, suspension, maintenance, etc over the last few years under the previous owner's care (cheers Rudi!).

Not sure how long she'll be staying but there's a fight over the keys every morning, and I usually lose... ;)

Better pics soon I think, when she's had a proper wash!

Looks good fella - have been looking for a good mk2 big bumper myself as I'm not sure the Cab will hang around much longer!

Look forward to seeing this in the flesh at some point!

Awwww!

Worth pointing out she has got new shoes since that pic.... :)

and yes, I won the fight for the keys this morning... wwwoooooo hhhooooooo!

Never, ever, thought i'd like a MK2 but she is great. Lovely to drive, solid and loads and loads of fun.....

Need any parts? I've got loads of Mk2 stuff to get rid of now my parents have sold their house. None of it may be any use to you, but it's worth an ask....and, if I've got it, it'll be free.

Cheers mr student, I'll have a think if there's anything I need!

You can really see where the Corrado gets part of its really great handling from, the Mk2s are just so chuckable!

Had a good look round this last night and it's lovely! Has made me even more keen on moving into mk2 teritory 8)

Bloody good to catch up with you and Laura last night too btw!

Looks like a beaut Dave! Really like MK2's a lot.. wish i'd owned one at some point! :)

Look forward to seeing what you and Laura have planned for it :)

Well, the orange lighting has already been replaced with smoked stuff all round, and the BBS 14s have been replaced by a set of Sebrings, which may get painted depending on whether I can be bothered... Oh, and I reckon it needs to go lower, but considering the last 50m of Laura's drive to work (those of you who've been to The Phirm will know what I mean!), this might not happen...

Other than that, she's just going to get tidied and driven hard!

Nice car mate, had a peep at E38..

Im lovinng my recently aquired Mk2, whered you get your smoked back lights from as im after a set??

2nd hand off Ed38 classifieds... They pop up on the 'bay from time to time, usually go for about £30 a set for original Hellas... Mine are the std 16V top-smoked ones.

All in good time...! :lol:

Couple of pics on the new wheels and with the lighting sorted... Really need to buy a proper digicam soon though! And give the car a polish... :oops:

miss_g_front(Small).JPG

miss_g_ass(Small).JPG