Sign in to follow this  
pete_griff

Pete Griff's 'Rado R32 - (Not quite!) Alive at last! :D

wow... i've just had a read through the last 10 pages...

all i have to say is... i envy you! i wish i had the time, money, patience and most of all the knowhow to do all that...

i'm sure it'll be everything you want it to be!

hey gents - thanks again for all the encouraging words - needless to say i still haven't got it back yet.

the vag-doc has phoned a couple of his friends who he knows through various remapping forums etc and one of them is currently writing some code specially to get my car running! all the wiring etc is all done now, new alarm is in and all is good to go as soon as the code arrives. hopefully it should be ready all mot'd etc so i can drive it away tomorrow night after i've finished work...

naturally i'll keep you all updated.

karl - sorry i never replied to your text buddy - i'll try and give you a shout a bit kater tonight - been ill and hungover most of the weekend!

Just be careful of the throttle response to start with when pulling away from junctions. Its very sensitive.

Last time I spoke to Stealth, Vince had mapped out the over sensitive throttle.

Might be an idea if you wanted to sort it.

Just be careful of the throttle response to start with when pulling away from junctions. Its very sensitive.

Last time I spoke to Stealth, Vince had mapped out the over sensitive throttle.

Might be an idea if you wanted to sort it.

i'm getting the car mapped at stealth (hopefully the end of this week if all comes good) so when it gets done i'll get that orted. the vag-doc who's doing the wiring offered to map it for me and he said that he could sort out the sensitive throttle as well.

i guess it's reasonably easy to do now as more and more vag cars go drive by wire...

anyway - i'm waiting to hear back from him; but fingers crossed - i might be going to pick it up tonight...

according to the guy whos sorting the wiring for me now - it only uses approx 1/3 of the entire pedal travel before you are on full throttle - that sounds a bit excessive to me. it's nice to regulate corner entry/exit on the throttle - i'm sure you could easily learn to do it with the much shorter travel, but surely it would be easier to modulate if the pedal was mapped for the whole of the travel....

according to the guy whos sorting the wiring for me now - it only uses approx 1/3 of the entire pedal travel before you are on full throttle - that sounds a bit excessive to me. it's nice to regulate corner entry/exit on the throttle - i'm sure you could easily learn to do it with the much shorter travel, but surely it would be easier to modulate if the pedal was mapped for the whole of the travel....

thats going to be a tad sensitive.. :|

is this out of some necessity?

I guess you'll get use to it. :scratch:

nice build up btw.

So, Any luck?! Are you going to be the proud owner and driver this evening?!

unfortunately not! - still waiting...

he's still waiting on this bloke to write the code he needs. he is chasing him for me, it was hopefully going to be yesterday, i guess maybe i'll get it today.... - don't know! i've given up getting anxious now - it's just very frustrating not having any transport :p

i'm almost glad i didn't have to go and get it last night i was feeling proper rough - my girlfriend has had a cold/chest infection which she has incubated, mutated and then given to me - i've had horrific man-flu crossed with aids! :gag:

1/3 travel? that sounds a bit daft.

that's what i thought - but according to the bloke who's doing my wiring (who really does seem to know his onions), that's how they are as standard (provided i'm not mis-remembering what he said...)

IT'S ALIVE!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA!

got a text last night off the vag-doc, he said it's now starting and running fine - just got a few electrical gremlins to sort out...

i'm hoping to get the phone call off him today to say "it's ready!" :D :D :D

(please please please please please please please!)

the poor guy over in broistol has been under the weather today and yesterday, so he hasn't got much done to it since getting it running. he said he will hopefully be working again tomorrow, so there's a chance i could pick it up tomorrow night.....

more waiting for me!

finally - i hopefully have what is now a definite collection date!

it's getting it's mot tomorrow afternoon, which it should pass all being well - certainly no reason i know of for it to fail being as everything is new!

which means it should be ready for me to tax and collect on saturday morning! :D

really hope that nothing else causes further delays now.

not only am i itching to get it back to see just how good it is/isn't - it's unbelievably frustrating not having any transport when you need it; having to ring people up and scrounge lifts! :(

bring on saturday morning :)

Lets hope so eh! It was nearly ready when I left the UK 8 weeks ago! Lets hope it's home before I am!!

yeah tell me about it! - i'm just waiting for the call tomrrow morning saying "actually we've found something else wrong with the car and it's going to take at least another 3 weeks to finish it!" - lush!!!

god i really hope everything goes ok tomorrow - i must admit i'm getting a bit dispondent with playing the whole waiting game now - it's not so bad when you're doing the work yourself because you know where you are and you've only got yourself to blame when something takes longer than it should - much infuriation!

anyway - HOPEFULLY i'll be getting on here tomorrow telling you all how unbelievably chuffed with it i am :)

My fingers are crossed tomorrow for you Pete.

Hope you get your ticket to unleash this beast.

Best of luck. Let's hope for dry roads too :lol: