Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

It's completely off a pot so I reckon if you just primed it you'd know if injector was working.

You can easily hold the rail to check, just get a washing up bowl or 2 drinking bottles, only need to compare 2 injectors. Unless you want to be really thorough and scientific and do all of them!

If in anyway this helps i used to go in a pringles can then pour it down the drain when i was building the vr , many happy memories and was all good fun

I hope you emptied the pringles can before... And good fun? :s you and I have very different ideas of fun!!!

Haha no i left all the pringles in ! Salt and vinegar haha

Nope not soggy it lasted well a actually and it was better than going near the electric box that supplies power to about 3000 homes lol

I did have to warn jodie as it was first a speaker before i had to rethink its use

after getting an injector from dave i went back on saturday and checked the old one. all but that were pushing fuel out so i changed it, reassembled and fired the car up!

Ran a bit lumpy for the first 10 seconds or so but then it smoothed out and ran fine :) - YAY

down side. I was checking where the oil leak was coming from on the cooler. undid the head and took it off and it turns out the seal was split completley in two!

New seal on order but wont get that till during the week so will see when i can go back and fit it :)

Spoonfed carbon plate plinth came today so gave that a polish when i got home :D

Also here are the pics from the other day. Ill try to upload the video of it running aswell :D

Been back tonight, fitted the rear plate plinth, new seal and fingers crossed it doesn't leak.

Fitted the slam panel. Anyone got some pics of how the bonnet cable fits.

Also fitted my spoonfed splitter to the bumper! I bought the splitter on the group buy all them years ago and never fitted it

Yea has now that some bits are going right, once the screen is in can send it to the garage to get brake bled, i also can't get powersteering to bleed so they can do that and then it will be mot it and finish up the last few bits I think. Unless I take it and get the brakes done and then worry about getting the screen done hmmm

Insured the car yesterday,

Footman James £249.24 all mods declared, agreed value £150 excess 5000 miles.

Has anyone got a picture of how their washer jets are fitted to the underside of the bonnet and also where can i find the part number for the mk4 golf reservoir plug. I know for a fact i have seen a topic with it all in but i cant find it for the life of me!

So, not updated for a while as I had an error and a fallout with the car all in one weekend. Everyone who is my friend on Facebook will of probably seen already!

Went to the car and thought I'd try again at the steering and I simply cannot get it to bleed. Once I had got mad and given up I turned it off and noticed water leaking from the stat housing again. Ahhhh so off with everything again and cleaned up. Stat gasket wasn't sat properly so sorted it and put t all back together. Started it and ran out of fuel off to the fuel station, put fuel it let it warm up and then started to put it all back together. Got to the point where I started at 4 hours previous and started attaching the bonnet cable. Whilst attaching the cable I used some grips to hold the cable while I nipped up the trumpet piece and bang! Grips slipped straight into the wing, big chip down to metal . Needless to say a few choice words were said and I pushed the car back into the garage and gave it up as a bad job.

All in all. 5 hours work and all I managed to do was chip the paint and put on the bonnet cable! The joys!

ada65a419f3993e34270daded8343f4e.jpg

Fortunately I have spoke to the guy who painted it and he will sort it out for me when it goes back for a couple of other bits that need sorting :?

Bummer news about the chip , I hate it when you spend hours on your car and achieve nothing , let alone dent it . At least you can get it sorted.

Won't be for a couple of weeks that I'm back at it. Me and El are doing the NC500 around Scotland starting Saturday pm with us heading to Loch Lomond :) won't be back home till Easter Monday

I've put loads of chips on mine while doing the rebuild. Took the front wings off and propped them up carefully. Got there the next day and both were face down on the floor and had hit the bumper on the way down. Put one outside quickly and the wind blew it onto the tarmac.

You just have to laugh about it. It's all fixable.

Won't be for a couple of weeks that I'm back at it. Me and El are doing the NC500 around Scotland starting Saturday pm with us heading to Loch Lomond :) won't be back home till Easter Monday

Oooo nice! I have read about & seen the NC500, it looks an awesome journey of road & smooth too

I would be very interested to hear your reports, enjoy

oh & sorry to read about the ding :(

Yea hopefully it should be a good trip :)

Loch Lomond, Inverness, isle of Skye, applecross, port a bhaigh, Durness, John o groates then back down the east cost with a stop off somewhere

Yea hopefully it should be a good trip :)

Loch Lomond, Inverness, isle of Skye, applecross, port a bhaigh, Durness, John o groates then back down the east cost with a stop off somewhere

nice

miles & miles of tasty tarmac to enjoy - I hope you get some good weather for it