Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

Iv got some phil , i used a different type for all mine so you can hsve all the old ones iv got

Ill have to check how long they all are you

Can you not put them in the dishwasher ? That will bring them up great

Yeah, i chucked mine in a cheap ultrasonic cleaner and then i find a wipe with wd40 brings lots of plastic/rubber bits looking nice again.

I don't got a dishwasher! lol.

ill chuck some in the ultrasonic cleaner and clean them with engine degreaser etc :) didn't get chance to go this weekend and we are at Stamford hall next weekend! :D

I was there on Saturday! Wished I had known earlier I would have got you a load. By the way there's another set of tombstones there...

Not me that found the site mate, I think the only problem is the stud needs to be a female one to fit into the pegs in the bay! Some other good bits on here tho :)

havent done much for ages now. managed to get some money together and have ordered my silicone hoses from roose, and some AP coilovers. bought new topmounts but now i need to sort out the rear stub axles and beam that can be seen before fitting them. fun fun! are the bearings easy enough to change on the rear?

fitted my power steering hose from the rack and what a chew that was! couldnt get it to start threading on so had to leave it and go back to it.\

fitted my short shift frmo dave, need to adjust it because it doesnt select many gears very well.

found some ties that i think are similar on ebay! ive ordered a pack of 10 if they are any good ill be sure to let you all know!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321519988419?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks guys, waiting on the bits I've ordered now :)

rear calipers, stub axles, bearings all to go in!

Are rear wheel bearings easy enough to do?

Think they are easy enough to, was so long ago I did mine. Cars looking lovely Phil, just don't ever Park it next to mine

Haha I'm not reconditioning the rear beam gonna clean up what I can see and Hammerite and out the new bits on it :)

2fded5f16ea4c44003b5502db40ab88f.jpg

Rear calipers getting painted the same colour as the fronts one did :) such much easier when they are new and off the car!

Bought a mk4 coolant tank and cap from work. Hella reservoir and febi cap. Jus need the plug for it now from the dealer :)

Edited by Philuk

Got quite a lot done today, fitted the mk4 coolant tank, fitted the brake fluid resevouir. Then span the car around. Jacked it up. Took the wheels off and started. Removed the handbrake cables which were hard to unclip because of the levers were well seized. Got the brake pipes unscrewed and the calipers off. Got the carriers off with the trusty irwins and slid the discs off. scrubbed up the bolts that held what was left of the backing plates and the stub axles on, the stub bolts were very very tight but with a big bar and lots of wd40 they came out. Cleaned up as much of the axle as I could see and painted it with black Hammerite. I'm gonna replace the pipes with some new ones and get new handbrake cables.

The abs sensors I got from work at just wrong so I'll order some febi ones. Put the new bearings in and new abs rings and I'd already got some bolts from wold engineering. Copper greased everything up and refitted it all!

fingers crossed dave!

coilovers arrived today and hopefully the hoses will come this week :)

Got some handbrake cables today from work but aren't sure I'm going to need them as mine seem to move quite freely anyway. Also got new topmount sand bearings for the suspension which is this weekends task :)