Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Anyone want a free car for 24 / 48 hours...

... ok so its only a Laguna but they are offering free 24 / 48 hour test drives.

Car is delivered and collected from your home address by Avis and you can opt for no follow-up contact from Renault so there is no sales pressure etc

Useful if anyone has any trips planned where you don't want miles piled on your own car

Heres the link

http://www.renault24td.co.uk/Step1.aspx

Andy665, I'm shocked at you of all people encouraging others to exploit test drives in such a fashion... :lol: So, Renault are confident the new Laguna can go for up to 48 hours without developing an electrical fault. I'm impressed.

Just booked mine although reading the small print it does say you must have a clean licence - I have 3 points so don't know if that will stop play or not... will fail to mention it though unless asked :lol:

Might well try this out for some fun. Free car for the weekend!

Only problem is the delivery and collection times - would both coincide for when i'm at work! Hmmm....

Yeah - suppose that is an option. The only thing is I work for a university with a fairly sprawling campus. One post code serves the entire place....

I'll work it out though! Got to be worth it for free motoring :D

You say that but it's still less than the excess on my own policy :lol:

Tell me you have a voluntary on there. :lol:

They do quote a beefy V6 so I'm told but I bet we all get the 1.9 diesel.

Bound to be an oil burner tbh as this is what most people opt for when ordering company cars and my guess is thats what most new lagunas will end up being...

My excess is £250... brings the cost of my poilicy down a bit 8)

We should have all booked for the same weekend. Then we could have arranged some time trials, a drag racing day, and concluded the weekend with a track day. :lol: Except you have to pay for any tyres you wreck. Spoil sports!

has anyone got theirs yet??

i booked it, got the confirmation, waited in on the day an nothin!! hardly a good promo is it?? apparently your ment to hear 24hrs b4......nothing. :( :(

I called Avis yesterday to confirm that mine would be delivered as requested this morning.

Apparently a load of bookings got transferred from the Renault website to Avis without the customers telephone numbers, Avis were instructed simply to cancel the booking.

I called the Avis Customer Services number 0870 6086363 (only open 9-5) and spoke to the lovely Hayley. She apologised and re-booked for next weekend, as a goodwill gesture for the cock-up the car will be delivered next Friday before noon and collected the following Monday

ive gotta make a 400 mile round trip to shrewsbury to pick up a car in a few weeks time, might get one of these to save me £50 worth of petrol :)

if its anything like the last generation laguna, it will indeed be pants, but the 2.0 tdci engines are pretty quick and theyre comfy on the motorway . . .

edit- BOOO 25 or older :(

I wouldn't drive a Laguna if I was paid.....

What is it with people and "if you're going somewhere, save the miles on your own car"? Erm, why buy a Corrado or what ever if you're looking for oppurtunities like this to not use it?

Weird...

Ah but if you've got a filthy oil-covered engine or somesuch you want to lug from one part of the country to another... :lol:

ive gotta make a 400 mile round trip to shrewsbury to pick up a car in a few weeks time, might get one of these to save me £50 worth of petrol :)

if its anything like the last generation laguna, it will indeed be pants, but the 2.0 tdci engines are pretty quick and theyre comfy on the motorway . . .

its not 25 or older, i think its 21, infact it must be cos im only 22

Ah but if you've got a filthy oil-covered engine or somesuch you want to lug from one part of the country to another... :lol:

:lol:

Just make sure you line the boot with an old sheet first....... and keep it under 7000rpm as they probably scan them afterwards to see how you've treated it!

its not 25 or older, i think its 21, infact it must be cos im only 22

No, it definitely says you have to be at least 25. Oh well, you only have 3 years to wait for them to do it again...

I had mine the weekend before last, a 2.0 DCi:

Plus points - nice equipment spec, half leather, panaromic sunroof, cruise control etc, very comfortable seats, pretty relaxed motorway car

Minus points - crap economy (I averaged 41mpg despite driving it reasonably sensibly), stupidly narrow powerband (2000 - 4000 rpm) with real old style turbo lag, horrible steering, lots of tyre noise, rattles and squeaks galore (despite it having only covered 1,800 miles)

Was actually glad to get back in to my 10 year old 130k Passat, feels more solid and refined.

I had mine the weekend before last, a 2.0 DCi:

Plus points - nice equipment spec, half leather, panaromic sunroof, cruise control etc, very comfortable seats, pretty relaxed motorway car

Minus points - crap economy (I averaged 41mpg despite driving it reasonably sensibly), stupidly narrow powerband (2000 - 4000 rpm) with real old style turbo lag, horrible steering, lots of tyre noise, rattles and squeaks galore (despite it having only covered 1,800 miles)

Was actually glad to get back in to my 10 year old 130k Passat, feels more solid and refined.

economy does sound low- one of our pool cars is a mk2 laguna (previous shape) which gets ragged mercilessly and always says about 43mpg on the computer. Agree with the turbo lag and silly powerband tho, and they are like driving a matress, no feedback and horrible wallowy suspension. ugh