Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

3.0l VR6 Turbo 4WD

The car is one of the last Corrado VR6's built .

SHELL:

1993 VW Corrado VR6 shell in metallic Aubergine (Purple).

Anyone else find that slightly confusing / misleading?

300hp @ 1.4 bar. Oooh the power. Mine makes 392hp with 0.8 bar. Something isn't right there if it's running a "huge Garret GT roller bearing turbo".

Looks like one of Dubsports usual 'cobbled together' efforts to me and an over priced one at that.

Mine would blow it into the weeds and it's been valued at £4K less than that...... and it has the proper 5 stud running gear and proper brakes :lol:

Yeah but unlike yours Kev that one's been cleaned :D

In any event that car has been on Pistonheads classifieds for so long I think it needs a couple of MOTs to bring the paperwork up to date. Presumably no-one else is falling for the sales patter either.

I tend to check pistonheads/autotrader often, and I remember it being £15,000.

What the fuck is it doing with standard brakes?! There should be some law against that, or at least not letting it pass an MOT until it has some 'proper' brakes to cope with the difference in power.

Shocking. :?

Yeah but unlike yours Kev that one's been cleaned :D

In any event that car has been on Pistonheads classifieds for so long I think it needs a couple of MOTs to bring the paperwork up to date.

:lol:

So he's spent £40K building it and used it 2 or 3 times. Now he's selling it for £12K. So it's cost him about £13K per ride! You could probably get a ride in the space shuttle for that and it'll be much faster :-)

He's also taking an £28K whack on the chin in losses too.

Utter madness.

I cant see how its cost £40,000 myself!! :?

Kev, think its 300bhp at the wheels, says 370 at the fly which is what your 392 was at wasnt it? Either way though still not as much as yours and has almost double your boost!

Kev, think its 300bhp at the wheels, says 370 at the fly which is what your 392 was at wasnt it? Either way though still not as much as yours and has almost double your boost!

Yep, mine was 392 at the flywheel, but on the written report it recorded 350 at the wheels. I have lower than normal trans losses 8)

If I had the same 70hp trans losses he has, I could claim mine was 420hp at the fly :lol:

TBH, beyond 350whp, things are just a blur and 50hp here and there won't make a huge difference.....

This car must be the oldest advert on pistonheads. Maybe someone should contact the Guiness Book of Records, I can remember this car being for sale before I even had a Corrado! I'm surprised someone's not bought it to be honest.

300hp @ 1.4 bar. Oooh the power. Mine makes 392hp with 0.8 bar. Something isn't right there if it's running a "huge Garret GT roller bearing turbo".

Though it is 4wd and not FWD any more which is better!

A lot of moneys but I bet it's a hoot

Now it's only 9 and a half grand! So since it went up he's dropped the price by £5,500. :shock:

Thats probably cos its been for sale for quite a while now.

I think its a nice car and not bad for the money, we can say things about it all day but at least he picked a corrado to work on, i dont think he cares about money as hes getting a gumbert appolo next, i dont think even kev can beat that its in a different leauge.

If I spent all the cashola doing up my C, I would want to regularly use it "in anger". What's the point of adding all that extra power if you don't thrash the tits off it, regularly? If you want a little runaround, don't pimp up your C!

It looks a little scruffy on the inside. I'd want leather and a bit more for that much...