boost monkey

Project Plum - The Plan of Attack

Fair enough

I do want them but cant justify it at the mo as mine needs an engine more than it needs pannels

lol same :D

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Does anyone know if I can mount the rear backbox of my 1991 Corrado onto my 1989 Golf mk2 GTi? I'm pretty sure they are both the hook-type mount and not the bar type as per later spec.

That would be great as the golf exhaust box is blowing at the mo, and I have a whole powerflow system sat on the Plum not doing anything.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Never mind, jumped back a few pages to a pic I have and it looks like the hangers are different.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Just been looking through the sellers other items and there is a drivers door in DBP as well. possibly a couple of wings.

Might send him an email and see what other parts he has in DBP

He's selling a door, but it's LC5U and looks blue in the photo. Unless you've seen something I missed?

Ya my mistake didnt read the paint code correctly Doh

He said he only has the boot lid

Just read back through the last 40 odd pages, and remembered that I have a good thermostat, stat housing and water pump (new VAG) on the plum, so when I do the cambelt I will pinch those bits and put them on the Golf :D

Recently noticed that my brake discs have gone rusty at the back as the car's been sat for so long. Unfortunately these are the new ones with new bearings etc etc :pale: No uidea why I didn't cover them!

Is 2 years of flash rust going to be too much to skim off do we think? Would be nice to get going with SOMETHING on this car! :lol:

Yeah they should be ok, as long as the calipers are good they should clean up after a few miles... could pull the handbrake a couple of times whilst driving to speed up the process too.

Hairspray is the stuff to use in future - stops them surface rusting!

I finished uni this week, been very bitter sweet.

After starting in September 2006 with a foundation course(been out of education a few years) that went really well, which proved I hadn't forgotten as much as I thought!

Then the BEng Motorsport Engineering began. I never realised that Stage 1 (i.e. first year) never counted towards anything, so I kinda wasted my efforts there. By 2nd year, I had given up on the schitty teaching and poor organisation skills and grades dropped to a 2:2. As third year was Barbados :D I didn't have any exams or uni work really. This year has been crazy busy. Lots of different courseworks, reports, and group activities plus my dissertation on Dry Sump system design for the VR6 (and associated V6 VAG engines). Despite the fact I have got a number of First Class grades in New Product Development, Aerodynamics, Motorsport Vehicle Performance and CVT Gearbox design, it could well be the exams that drag me back down to a 2:2 again.

I hate exams, fooking nasty things. 2 hours to get tested on MAYBE 25% of the syllabus, despite having to know it all off by heart. It's so pointless to me. Surely you can see I can do the work by all the 70+ grades i've gotten over the year.

Never mind, it is all over now. Which actually means I can get back on with the Plum. AT LAST! God, I thought it would never happen!

Anyways, that's me up to date. Uni was useful but I don't miss it. I'm glad I learnt the skills and abilities I know now, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's kinda sad really.

Jon.

Don't count your chickens yet monkey, you now have a degree under you belt and 3 years experience AND you still may get a 2:1 or higher!

Chin up! It's party time now! :D

Did u go to Oxford Brookes? I know a couple of peeps who were there doing the same course.

Yeah I was at brookes, I did placement last year so finished with a lot of the MEng students and BEng from the year below me.

Which makes the age gap between us EVEN bigger!

As long as I don't get a resit I'll be happy (and it's not a complete fail!)

Anyways, I bought my wedding suit this weekend (getting hitched in July) so that was a siezeable chunk of the Plum's budget. I guess it's on hold for a *little*bit longer.

Despite all my worrying, I managed to get a 2:1 which I was really pleased with. I landed my first engineering design job in the same day! Only downer is commuting 50 miles a day from Ox to Newbury, and the A34 can be riddled with traffic and even crashes due to being a regular commuter route.

I just started today, and been doing tech drawings all morning with a view to modelling them in CAD this avo. It's just a 6 month contract but i'm hoping there's a chance of a permanent job at the end of the year :D

either way it's great experience and feels good to have my foot on the bottom rung of my career ladder.

Well done mate. I remember when i got my results was a huge relief. To top it off with a job even better. Congrats.

Thanks everyone. Group hug? :lol:

No idea when the Plum will get finished as the wedding is now only 4 weeks away, I'm hoping after that! :D