Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

How do you fit 24" range rover wheels on a golf?

The garage that did my alloys made it into a monster truck on their 1st attempt ...and it wasn't a good look.

I think it's kind of like Tim Westwood, he started talking that way and realised he couldn't stop because he feared he would look silly if he did. So, he carried on but looked even sillier.

I would say RIP to that poor VR6, but it doesn't look like it will do. I just wish he had ruined an ordinary Golf.

Is it me or has he designed the arches around the whels with those tyres on, surely even slammed on air with smaller tyres on it would look wrong, not saying it looks right now either.

That is absolutely absurd. Why would you ever want to run 24" wheels on a Golf?!

I'm not the biggest fan of the MkIII Golf in the world but the tit who thought that was a good idea for a project should be lobotomised and never let near a car again. What an absolute plonker.

Holy Schmoly !

What a great description:

MODIFIED PROJECT

obviously some Alistair Campbellesque style spin language going on here

Lots of work has been carried out on this car but its got to a point where other things have become a priority

like getting from A to B without getting wet..

Engine is in fully working condition and can be heard running

yeah running away from those wheels and their crazy owner dude

Also parts to come with this are: The dash

might be useful..

Interior inc. seats

somewhere to sit - in the words of the Ferrero Rocher Ad, 'you're really spoiling us!'

and body pannles, Doors, wings etc

beautiful

Complete air suspention comprising of 3 Tanks

are those the great big tracked scary jobbies with a f'off swivelly gun at the top. If so, it would make more sense than 24" wheels you cock.

The 2 small ones are for air

Yes I can see you would probably need some at your new driving altitude...

Purpose made 4inch wheel spaces to take Range Rover (24inch) wheels

Not just spelling that was a problem at school

would be a wonderful show piece if completed and seen bouncing up and down on air.

As opposed to scaring everyone else shitless

Air and gas suspention alone is worth over £2000 and with the engine, panels, interior and V5 would make an ideal bargin for whatever you would want to do

what would you want to do in an aberration of vehicular dynamics as this?

collection prefured

Im sure it is..

AND AFTER ALL THAT - having wetted our lips in eager anticipation having been convinced of the aesthetic and functional qualities of 'golf on 24"wheels'...

Range Rover wheels in picture not included

WHAT????? you've teased and toyed with us and now you've cruelly pulled them away from our grasps.....WAIT..more useful kinematic information...

Buyer will need to bring wheels to fit to take car away

Just in case you are not familiar with the principles of motion in cars.

Happy bidding, good luck and thanks for viewing my auction

Thankyou KInd Sir for this evening's entertainment....

What a knob :(

No offers yet?!? I dont believe an automobile of such quality is lacking in interest!! :lol:

Oh I know, I bet everyone is just waiting till the last min to get in there with some bids :lol: :lol:

I don't know what you guys are on about, he's got all the essentials there:

Obsurdly over-sized wheels - check

Spacers so long that the bearings will be destroyed in seconds - check

Rusty roll cage - check

Arch job worthy of a 12yr old - check

Big canister in the back - check

What more could you want?

I wonder... if (and bear with me here) he had ever managed to get that finished and running - how long do you reckon the hubs would have lasted bouncing up and down on air ride and 4" spacers (that's 10cm folks!) :lol:

I was going to try and think of something witty and ironic to say about the car. But it's beyond my mental capacity to do so and I'm too depressed after looking at those pictures. :(

Donks were clearly the inspiration. "What's a Donk?" I hear you cry ! A donk is one of these things below, although it still doesn't explain why he tried it. I mean FFS 24" wheels look stupid even on a Range Rover, let alone a MkIII

"Donks"

Although a bad concept done well in America, only an English chav could make it trully sh!te. Bit like pimp my ride really...