Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Scirocco - sneak update on P13

Why cant companies just build the damn concept cars!!!

Seat had a new coupe on show at Geneva, hopefully that'll remain like that through to production, although its 99% likely to be completely toned down :mad2:

skinnyman9000 - I couldn't agree more. Surely manufacturers must realise that the seriously watered down production versions of concept cars, no matter how good looking they are, will always seem like a let down after teh concept version, lost count of the number of cars that have disappointed me because of this; RR Sport, Scirocco, StreetKa, Jaguar XF etc etc

At least Aston Martins, Rolls-Royces and the Alfa 8C have appeared in virtually identical form to the concepts so it can be done :D

Why cant companies just build the damn concept cars!!!

Seat had a new coupe on show at Geneva, hopefully that'll remain like that through to production, although its 99% likely to be completely toned down :mad2:

Is it the Bocanegra you saw? That was at Geneva and it looks brilliant. It was styled by the guy who did the Murcielago. Apparently the bosses are saying the production car will be very similar.... That's the kiss of death by the way. One thing that unfortunately won't be carried over is the interior. That's for sure. It's meant to replace the Ibiza in the range....

Sonicriot13 - spot on with the designer, Luc Donckerwolke, Seats Design Director, also did the Audi R8 Le Mans car. He replaced my favourite modern designer, Walter Da Silva who is now head of Group Design. Da Silva made his name at Alfa Romeo, being responsible for the last GTV / Spider and 156 (anyone seen the resemblance to the current Ibiza / Leon rear lights to the 156)

Most experts reckon the Bocanegra will make production with little in the way of changes, the front end will stay (apart from the black highlighting), the exhaust will be toned down and the wheels will be smaller - nice to see Seat getting back on track styling wise

Most experts reckon the Bocanegra will make production with little in the way of changes

Let's hope so, cos that looks a peach. I'd have one of those. But I'm not going to get my hopes up.... Also I don't think that's a coupe either.... :?

Didn't someone on her put a deposit down on one at there local VW dealer, its apparently bigger than the golf, I waiting off buying an A4 Avant till I know how big the boot is on the Iroc. i'd rather have that than an A4 Avant TDI even if it is and S-Line 170bhp TDI.

Sonicriot13 - spot on with the designer, Luc Donckerwolke, Seats Design Director, also did the Audi R8 Le Mans car. He replaced my favourite modern designer, Walter Da Silva who is now head of Group Design. Da Silva made his name at Alfa Romeo, being responsible for the last GTV / Spider and 156 (anyone seen the resemblance to the current Ibiza / Leon rear lights to the 156)

Most experts reckon the Bocanegra will make production with little in the way of changes, the front end will stay (apart from the black highlighting), the exhaust will be toned down and the wheels will be smaller - nice to see Seat getting back on track styling wise

That will look stunning if it manages to style that way. Although again its down as a 'coupe', which it clearly isn't! But for me that looks alot nicer than the Scirocco, although at the moment they reckon it'll only come with the 1.4 GT lump, which is disappointing

I hear what you are all saying, but...

I would wait and see what a few tasteful mod's would do it. I do like the Corrado as standard, but when you upgrade the rims, drop it a bit, de-badge it, sort the lights out, etc. etc. it turns into a different animal. No doubt some owners will change a few things, but I expect some pro's will do something more dramatic, like stick an Audi front end on.

One thing that is missing is the speed-activated spoiler. The new TT has one - where's the Scirroco's??? My favourite toy.

On another note - I would consider buying one, simply because it's safer than my C. I now have two kids (both under 3), and the lack of airbags, etc. is something I worry about. Looks wise, there are better looking cars, but I guess, like the Corrado, you won't see many of these out and about. Everyone has Golfs and TT's, so this is a bit different. It needs to be more aggressive looking though. If the new Scirroco appeared in your mirrors, would you move out of it's way?

Bought What Car? yesterday. The new Peugeot RC Z looks good (a bit TT ish)...

One thing that is missing is the speed-activated spoiler. The new TT has one - where's the Scirroco's??? My favourite toy.

My definate least favourite toy.

My spoiler is by far the best thing on my car. I love the look in people's faces behind me when it raises. Mr Mondeo man looks very confused by it :lol:

First cars available Sept 2008 - approx. 3,000 cars available in 2008

Two specs - std and GT

First cars will all be 200PS 2.0TSi - £20,500

1.4 TSi 160PS and 2.0 TDi 140PS just before year end

2.0 TDi 170 PS mid 2009

Lower powered models will be about £18.5k

Surprised at the cars they see as the Scirocco's natural competitors:

Audi A3

BMW 1 Series

Alfa 147

Honda Civic!!!

That is, quite simply, bizarre! They seem to have got this all badly wrong. Surely it should be competing with the TT, 350Z, Crossfire etc, not a bunch of hatchbacks!

Oh, hang on a minute, it is a hatchback :roll:

gents dont know if youve seen this update but its from a good friend who's a salesman for VW

hopefully i will get to have a drive in his 2.0T demonstrator in roughly 8 weeks he's expecting to receive it :clap: :lol: 8)

Information Update

4 March 2008

Subject New Scirocco Info 148/08 Reference

1 Pages

The new Scirocco was unveiled last night at the Geneva motor show. Full details,

including of the car’s design and heritage, can be found on the official press

release (Info Update 147/08).

Key sales information

We anticipate the first customer deliveries during September.

As highlighted at the Retailer conference in South Africa, Scirocco will only be

available with the Golf GTI 200PS petrol engine at launch in both manual and

DSG transmissions with a starting price of around £20,500. The engine range will

be extended further at the end of 2008 with the following additions;

• 2.0 TDI 140PS

• 1.4 TSI 160PS

Detailed price and UK specification will be announced by the end of May.

Joe Wilkinson

Product Manager

More pictures on page 2

Page 2

sweet! pics look great...think i may have to get one at some point, ill let a few float around on the second hand market for a while i think though!

Well, I much prefer the interior pics this time round. Maybe its because of the colour and style of the leather... 8)