Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Scirocco - sneak update on P13

rocoo3.jpg

Has anyone seen this photo before? Sorry if it is elsewhere on the thread. Apart from looking a bit like the really old honda civic, I think this looks a lot better. I guess this is image trickery to make it look more coupe like?

rocoo3.jpg

Has anyone seen this photo before? Sorry if it is elsewhere on the thread. Apart from looking a bit like the really old honda civic, I think this looks a lot better. I guess this is image trickery to make it look more coupe like?

That looks much more aggressive but it isn't the same car is it?

Hey, that's really more like it. Unfortunately that wasn't what we were presented on the stand last week, neither were the red models on either side :-(

Still ...

Those door handles are also a no-go IMHO, much more liked the ones on the Iroc.

Tempest

Found out why I'm quite taken by the Alfa Brera, if I had to buy a brandnew coupe (not a hatch like the new Scirocco): It was designed by .......

yup, Giugiaro :-)

Goes to show that the man once again has demonstrated taste, certainly if the ladies on his stand in Geneva were anything to go by. They were certainly some inspiration :lol:

Tempest

Did the old Scirocco / Corrado get a mention in the feature?

Sonicriot13 - rear headrests are indeed important nowadays - they do many things but can't quite manage the feat of turning a hatchback into a coupe :D

I am a bit surprised at the level of negative feeling towards this car. I think you all just got your hopes up too much. :lol: You'll learn. Appreciate things for what they are. Don't worry about what they could have been.

Just for the record i do like the car alot but not as a sports coupe/new scirocco

S0onicriot13 - rear headrests are indeed important nowadays - they do many things but can't quite manage the feat of turning a hatchback into a coupe :D

:lol: You've got me there! But come on, somebody has to stick up for it....

I am a bit surprised at the level of negative feeling towards this car. I think you all just got your hopes up too much. :lol: You'll learn. Appreciate things for what they are. Don't worry about what they could have been.

Just for the record i do like the car alot but not as a sports coupe/new scirocco

I'd agree with you on that. It's not a coupe at all. And the idea of it being some spiritual successor to the Corrado as I've heard it described in one article is a bit weird frankly. But I still think it will be an awesome car.

But I still think it will be an awesome car.

Totally agree there modern cars usually are from good well respected manufacturers.

I would have 1.

Skipped a few pages when i posted previously then read them and that photoshop is proper hardcore man.

Agreed that it will probably be a really good car to drive and a good ownership proposition but the frustration for me is that it could be so much more - I wish that Volkswagen had half the design guts of the Bangle era BMW or Quement era Renault.

Whilst I don't rate the Megane, it proves that taking a design risk can pay off commercially, Volkswagen seems paralysed by fear in terms of design, much more so than any other big manufacturer

Volkswagen seems paralysed by fear in terms of design, much more so than any other big manufacturer

I don't know about that. I just saw the final production model of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe and it's lost all it's rad bonnet scoops and it looks as though there won't be a V8 after all... :( But it still looks incredible if a little plain at first. You have to study it and notice all the finer details to appreciate it which is way different from the loud in your face orange concept. I guess they just have to go with what they think is going to sell to the most people. They wouldn't survive if they didn't.

600-hyundai.jpg

14873_large.jpg

:pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:

:pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:

At least it's actually a coupe.... :wink:

The front end of the Hyundai is very Lexus IS250'ish - I don't "get" the kink in the window line at all either.

Definitely a coupe though :D

The front end of the Hyundai is very Lexus IS250'ish

I agree, it is. But notice how the front end has been totally toned down just like the Iroc. I think it's a symptom of all manufacturers, until you get to the likes of Pagani of course....