Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Scirocco - sneak update on P13

I still think that if you had lived in a cave for the last 20 years and looked at it you would think it looks pretty good.

Then you would see and Astra drive by and think it looks just like that.

This is the big problem, so many cars look alike now aside from some interesting interiors, door handles and the must have 'family' front end. The only reason for a family front end is so that the you can tell who bloody made the thing!

Why is everyone dredging up all these old concepts? We all know it's the really really really cool stuff that never gets built anyway. We should all wait until we see the new car on the road. I just think of all the cars I've seen in magazines that I've thought were bland/ugly until I've seen them in real life and they've blown me away. Yes, it doesn't look as good as the original Iroc concept, and yes, all that stuff about the production car looking just like the concept was never really going to happen. But every manufacturer says that about every concept they make. "Oh, this is exactly what the production car will look like" and then when it comes out it looks completely different.

P.S. I still want one. Who cares if it doesn't embody the original Scorocco or Corrado. As has been pointed out at punishing regularity throughout this thread it's a completely different car. They can call it what they want.

Calm down dear, its only a commercial :lol:

:lol: I'm not wound up. What makes you think I'm wound up? Huh? I am calm. Very calm. Caaaaaalllllllllmmmmmmmm....

Many of us are disappointed because the press told us that a new exciting sports coupe was being designed by VW. Then it turns out to be just another Golf. Sure this version has some small differences but it is still a Golf. Many other car companies have products that compete with the Golf too. This car is not supposed to be a Golf. A sports coupe is not as much about practicality as it is about excitement, individuality and sporty good looks. When you arrive in a sports coupe it makes a statement that is different than a just a Golf. Even if we as consumers never purchases an Audi R8 or Porsche 911 we can all aspire to. This production version of the VW Scirocco is not living up to the expectations of the sports coupe name.

Its not a coupe thats why i dont like it its a hatch, If we all liked hatches we'd be driving golfs and probably love the iroc, but were all probably dissapointed because we all like coupes, but if it is supposed to be a new scirroco it should be a coupe.

Some good points. Maybe that's why I like it. Because I love Golfs as much as Corrados. But you're right, it is more of a hatch than a coupe. No sensible person, or me for that matter, is going to disagree with that.

Got to agree with the comments on the looks. It's not bad, but it still looks like a Golf.

But knowing how conservative VW are now it will probably drive similar to a Golf GTI - which is not a bad thing at all. But why spend the extra money on the IROC when it will drive pretty much like a Golf with less practicality. I know the same can be said about the Corrado (a Golf with less practicality) but at least it looks and drives different to the Golf of its age!

I think maybe VW didn't create something too OTT or over specced otherwise it would take sales away from the TT.....

I like the style of the rear seats but they have saddled it with the dashboard from the EOS, I think the pricing in relation to the equivalent Golf will be critical to the success of it - at £500 - £1000 more it will be ok but any more than that and it will be dead in the water

I'm glad they called it the new scirocco and didn't call it the new corrado! That would of p1ssed me off.

Maybe people will stop asking me whether my car is the scirocco once this thing has stamped the scirroco's coupe image from their brains!

off topic: A petrol attendant just two weeks ago said is yours the scirocco to which I replied "The corrado. Yes" He then said "oh right yeah I'm not very good with 80's cars!" I just smiled and shook my head. Think I'll buy a magnum hand gun for such occasions. And say to these people "call it scirroco again, make my day"

:D

I'm glad they called it the new scirocco and didn't call it the new corrado! That would of p1ssed me off.

Maybe people will stop asking me whether my car is the scirocco once this thing has stamped the scirroco's coupe image from their brains!

off topic: A petrol attendant just two weeks ago said is yours the scirocco to which I replied "The corrado. Yes" He then said "oh right yeah I'm not very good with 80's cars!" I just smiled and shook my head. Think I'll buy a magnum hand gun for such occasions. And say to these people "call it scirroco again, make my day"

:D

Taking your advise on the hand gun. :)

One of the guys I work with is at the geneva motor show!!!!

Well, they didn't lose the funky front end!

My mate has taken some hi-res pics and a 360 degree vid, but hasn't sent them yet. :(

Is it me or does it look like a Laguna?

Sorry VW you go it soooo WRONG! Even the new Focus looks to have a better "presence" from the front... :(

May as well call it the Mk6 Golf coupe...

I can see a lot of the advance orders being cancelled as we speak...

You should see the press shots of it wearing the original green IROC concept wheels - dear god it looks bad.

Fugly..........looks like a FIAT Bravo with a body kit on it :gag: :pukeright: :pukeright:

Your not wrong here's some shots funnily enough in the same puke colour! It's a sporty brava, VAG haven't bought fiat on the sly have they?

I saw some pics of it in the recent EVO mag. I've gotta say, im not impressed. It looks far too similar to all the other corsa/punto/focus type things out there, for me it doesn't stand out from the crowd in the same way as the TT does for example. Plus, how is it even a coupe? Surely its a hatchback? Can what ever happened to the days when a hatchback was a hatchback, a saloon was a saloon etc? Now we have hatchback/coupe type things, saloons made into coupes etc etc. NO NO NO NO.

I'd much rather have a Fiat 500 Abarth SS............

All hatchbacks of a certain size are now coupes if they only have 2 doors all hatchbacks that are slightly taller than normal are now mini MPV's. The Nissan Almera was a fairly large comfortable hatchback now it's a small bus! It's just the way of world! We own a Nissan Note which is just a tall Micra, it's a bit poo but reliable and cheap.

EDIT: I bet the Golf Plus will be the new Golf! :lol: You'll never make that thing look cool!