vornwend

Vornwend's Storm - Last weekend

A couple of simple jobs today:

1. Fitted a replacement inside door top plastic trim (the old one had been cracked ever since I've had the car)

2. Having found an old soldering iron in the garage took a small journey outside my comfort zone and fitted an in-line fuse to the headlight switch - following CrazyDave's mega helpful "how to" the absolute tee(including Maplin parts). Took me about 45 minutes but was ultra careful and included some soldering practice as I've never done any in anger before. Pleased it all went smoothly and would say it's one of those " if I can do it anyone can" type of mods :)corrado headlight switch.jpg[/attachment:16zdrwr1]

Its an easy job ent it.

I keep forgettting to show Dave I have one fitted.

Wow! Looks stunning! :luvlove: Lime prime good? Drew was saying the other day, I should use it on mine with the polisher. Must get some.

Wow! Looks stunning! :luvlove: Lime prime good? Drew was saying the other day, I should use it on mine with the polisher. Must get some.

Yeah the LP was Drew's recommendation :salute: Real easy to work with. Didn't apply too much pressure this time as I wanted to test it out. Gives an excellent base for wax.

looks awesome vaughn, andy i cant recommend lime prime enough.. it is very gd.

nice job looks sweeeeet, does this have to be applied by machine or by hand? polished n waxed mine and still got holograms in it :(

i found the soft wax to look better but the hard wax to last longer. so thats why i have both! :p

i found the soft wax to look better but the hard wax to last longer. so thats why i have both! :p

I guess that's true. Not exposing mine to the harsher elements these days so kinda hoping the soft wax will last well enough. Will probably appy the LP a bit harder next time anyway (I don't have machine polisher) . Impressed at how easy it was to work with these 2 products though - was getting a bit peeved off with what I had before (Meguirs paint cleaner and gold class wax) What hard wax do ya use?- Blue velvet?

yeh i have both also, and some supernatural, but still rate the collinite

i know the supernatural is dod juice's "premium" wax, but is it supposed to be a long-lasting hard wax??? i just ask as i genuinely don't know and hard waxes like blue velvet etc are obviously supposed to last longer...

by the way Vaughan, your car looks stunning in the pictues pal - a credit to you as always and one of my personal fave's on the forum :D

Stunning. What a shine; hope the kids did for you as you are meant to rest and be pampered on fathers day :lol:

Bonnet to bulkhead earth strap ordered from VW today (£12.04) - been a while since I've spent anything on parts so don't resent that even though theres not much to it - at least they're are still in stock

That reminds me, I have put the VR6 grill badge in the car ready for Bristol :D

That reminds me, I have put the VR6 grill badge in the car ready for Bristol :D

Thanks Jake - I had forgotten about that too!

MOT No:14 safely in the bag and a couple of vicarious chufties received while she was on the forecourt awaiting pick up