Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

List your top Corrado Loves/Hates

love

hate

the mirrors

Right. . . . .

Hate

People who replace the standard mirrors for aftermarket ones (Sorry don’t want to offend anyone but the standard ones rule!!)

haha, just so you know its not the shape, i love how they look its just where there placed on the car i hate, so no offence here taken lol

love

hate

the mirrors

Right. . . . .

Hate

People who replace the standard mirrors for aftermarket ones (Sorry don’t want to offend anyone but the standard ones rule!!)

haha, just so you know its not the shape, i love how they look its just where there placed on the car i hate, so no offence here taken lol

:grin: good good. Thought i might regret putting that!

Whys that then? I always thought they were a bit different as in a good thing, i think :lol:

:grin: good good. Thought i might regret putting that!

Whys that then? I always thought they were a bit different as in a good thing, i think :lol:

lol it takes more than that to offend :D

for me it kills the best line of the car that runs from the headlight to the spoiler :gag:

somthing sutle may hapen to them

Hate

No matter how long you spend dying the car, water will always escape from the roof strips and fall straight through your open window all over your interior!!

Again drying the car and a gallon of water will escape from the rear lights and from above the bumper! IT MAKES ME MAD!!!

Yeah that drives me potty also. On the odd occasion I clean my car, I don't want to be running round it with a chamois every 10 minutes mopping up said water traps dribbling down the car!

Stupid stupid stupid rattles that appear from NOWHERE!

That's easy to rectify, it just takes a long time to trace and damp the offending parts with foam / felt.

More hates:-

If you lower the car more than inch, you can't get a decent sized workshop jack onto the proper strengthened front box section, so you have to use the scissor jack to jack it up onto the workshop jack!

Too much damper droop, meaning you have to bend the body in half to get the front wheel high enough to clear the deck!

Doors close back onto your shins if not open far enough, which leads me nicely onto getting into /out of the car when some tool parks very close to you due to the doors being heavy and 4 miles long.

Front seats back rests don't stay tilted if the bum bit is set too low

Adjustable column is either too high or too low, there isn't enough adjustment range (for me at least)

Windows rattle over bumps when fully open or slightly ajar

But we love them really :D

If you lower the car more than inch, you can't get a decent sized workshop jack onto the proper strengthened front box section, so you have to use the scissor jack to jack it up onto the workshop jack!

I tried this once and nearly had a little accident! I drive my front wheels onto blocks of wood now, then jack up the car. Much safer. . . i think :lol:

My brothers does this, everytime he gets in the car he has to wind the window down and then back up again to rectify the rattle :lol:

There are alot more hates being mentioned than love :D

There are alot more hates being mentioned than love :D

lol the hate is easyer to remember and to moan about than the good points, but like kev said

But we love them really :D

all the bad points are out weighed when you get a dry day and you get to put your foot down on some good roads, and if your still thinking about the little niddly points then theres something wrong with you

i wouldnt change my rado for anything else around its price range :scratch: :lol:

Good tip with the wood, but I got one of these in the end :D - http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... olley-jack

You read a lot of reports of bad build quality etc but other than locktiting all the nuts and bolts (most of them were loose!) on mine, it's been perfect and it can lift VERY low cars with ease 8)

:camp: :lol:

Too be totally honest mate that’s the exact same one I was looking at for weeks, just couldn’t pluck the courage to spend 90 pound on it!

Then someone mentioned the cost effective trick :) (Still want one though!)

If you have the window slightly open when it's raining, water pours in!

And it always lands on the mirror and window switches :lol:

Totally agree with these comments. I also love the speedline alloys, I think they really suited the car. Also agree with the heaters, regardless of the weather and how much frost is on the screens I just turn the car on hit 4 on the blowers and wait while the magic happens. By which time the seat is also nice and toasty. :D

Well I'm on my second Corrado now...

Loves:

Best driving position. Ever.

Rear seats with the hump.

Heated leathers

Shape of the car

Driving along in summer with all the windows down and sunroof wide open!

Dash styling - matches Nakamichi headunits! 8)

The spoiler - of course.

Handling - never a dull drive.

G60 "foot down and hang on" factor.

VR6 smooth power

Rarity

Hates:

Crap lights and wipers

Scuttle cover (lack of)

Rattly fragile plastic number plate panel on (really heavy) tailgate plus rust magnet number plate light.

Badly fitted replacement windscreens that leak and cause rust.

Wet carpets (see above!)

The design "masterpiece" that is the headlamp switch.

Dash clocks that go senile

Late dash centre consoles that break as soon as you look at them.

Rattles. If it can, it will.

The glovebox. Try removing it. Just try. I dare ya.

Plastic doorpods.

Previous owners who will have butchered the wiring somewhere. :brickwall:

Dodgy old alarms.

Stuck thermostat. In the coldest weather for 30 years.

The handbrake trim. What were you thinking VW??

Standard ride height on late cars

Heater controls. Need I say more?

Trim screws that you can only reach with a right angled ratchet driver!

Thankfully the loves outweigh all the niggly hates - most will be, or have been fixed... :clap:

The glove box. Try removing it. Just try. I dare ya.

if you take the lower shelf out,one hand behind the glove box,one on the front and wiggle as you pull/push,

it comes out with relative ease !

And for the record iam not a gynecologist :D

Granted, the glovebox on my VR came out reasonably straitforwardly, but the one on my G60 was obviously only intended to go into the dash once and stay there!! :lol:

Loves

Handling

Looks

Seats

Spoiler ;)

VR6 engine

Reliability

Hates

Woefully inedequate interior heating

Expense of parts

Quality and fitment of some interior trims

Insurance

Is there something wrong with yours then as within 5 mins of mine running it's like a sauna. I don't think I have been in any other car thats has blowers which are hotter :grin:

Is there something wrong with yours then as within 5 mins of mine running it's like a sauna. I don't think I have been in any other car thats has blowers which are hotter :grin:

Was just going to say the same :grin: VR is one hot block

Hate

No matter how long you spend dying the car, water will always escape from the roof strips and fall straight through your open window all over your interior!!

Again drying the car and a gallon of water will escape from the rear lights and from above the bumper! IT MAKES ME MAD!!!

Yeah that drives me potty also. On the odd occasion I clean my car, I don't want to be running round it with a chamois every 10 minutes mopping up said water traps dribbling down the car!

Stupid stupid stupid rattles that appear from NOWHERE!

That's easy to rectify, it just takes a long time to trace and damp the offending parts with foam / felt.

Too much damper droop, meaning you have to bend the body in half to get the front wheel high enough to clear the deck!

Doors close back onto your shins if not open far enough, which leads me nicely onto getting into /out of the car when some tool parks very close to you due to the doors being heavy and 4 miles long.

Front seats back rests don't stay tilted if the bum bit is set too low

Adjustable column is either too high or too low, there isn't enough adjustment range (for me at least)

But we love them really :D[/quote:2u4ttic3]

Just spent the last twenty minutes using the search to find someone who has this same hate! It drives me mental trying to get out my car when someone has parked too close. The door mechanism doesn't keep the door open unless you open the door like 2 feet! I swear it would be easier to get out the frikkin sunroof sometimes the way people park so damn close! (getting back into the car is hilarious - almost like some circus act!)

Anyone got any good ideas of adjusting the linkage or adding some sort of mechanism to allow the door to stay open closer to the body, but giving enough room to just get out?

Id pay good money for that mod! :help:

p.s i kinda like the three staged "roller pin system" that newer VW's use which would be the ideal solution to this issue we have!

Just been reading through everyones love/hates and have to say my loves are pretty much on a par with others, niggles n all. But a niggle that really grates is the water works from all manner of places after washing. and the damn fact,that within the time its takes to drive down the road after having washed or polished the car, the back end manages to become an industrial sized magnet for dust n dirt!!!!

+1 on that!!

VW have inadvertantly created a car that can take dust etc from everywhere and deposit it delicatly along the rear bummer......even 80mph!!

For this reason, I have an old rag under drivers seat and continualy rub it down :roll:

Im going to do this in the reverse order, for a very good reason.

HATES

That it constantly needs working on, fettling with, tinkering, adjusting, repairing

LOVES

That it constantly needs working on, fettling with, tinkering, adjusting, repairing.

The car that I love, and have always wanted NEEDS ME :D Its not just me loving the car, because without me - it would be at the scrapyards :D

Love:

Unique sound of a VR or a G60 at full throttle

Rare enough to make me or anyone with me genuinley excited when we see another one on the road

Still looks great

Having a dedicated enough fanbase to source stuff like uprated looms and TT wipers (that's two most frequent hates sorted!)

Hate:

Interior looks a bit dated now

Allen bolts in stupid places that are impossible to get a purchase on (and then round off when you do)

Worrying about new bangs, whistles and creaks :?

LOVE

-the corrado forum

-the look of them when lowered

-the driving position

-the interior, especially the ribbed leather door cards

-the sound of a VR6 and G60

-the way you can bolt a turbo to a VR and it loves it!!

-the looks you get and the respect of other car enthusiasts

-how easy most things are to repair

-the spoiler even though i forget its there nowadays

-the colours of them all, they are all great :grin:

HATE

-the sunroof, even though every rado i have had they have worked

-the faded broken door handles

-the roof mouldings, why vw?

-how parts such as badges cant be brought no more :(

-the amount of parts/mods i still want to do, i will have no money again!!

-the crappy windscreen and how its so hard to be replaced

-the little rusty rear brakes, need bigger as they look gay

-the standard wipers are pants

-the way my car is my life :lol: