-=Kris=-

Kris' VR6...

Kris, really sorry to hear this. Very bad luck, and I am sure Fay must feel awful about it. :pale:

It can't have happened long after I left you guys. Best of luck with getting both cars fixed.

I'm really gutted for you both. What more can I say.

For your sake it's a good job Fay wasn't in the Jetta... the damage would have been much worse!

dang that sucks.. worst thing in the world is donking your mates car :/ hopefully they wont take alot to sort out!

dang that sucks.. worst thing in the world is donking your mates car :/ hopefully they wont take alot to sort out!

Hehe... "donking"! :tongue:

Hehe... "donking"! :tongue:

:camp:

ahhhhhhhh mate sorry to hear fay did you up the wrong'en by the looks of it she was gentle with you !! :lol:

sorry could not help myself there :D

bummer man

Kelly you're a sick man....

i'll be round at some point to nick ur black bra :tongue:

and make an offer on ur mani.......................................................... and possibly the cams too... :ignore:

hmm i see the sad thing is im not taking offers only firm prices but feel free to pop by and cross my palm with silver :lol:

oh i have a new rad and alloy rad neck and new passat delocked handles and some g12 ++ oh the list goes on

Unlucky mate. Least it was only a small collision and not too much damage. Hope you can get it sorted without any trouble coz you've got a really nice example there mate. Love the colour :notworthy:

Unlucky mate. Least it was only a small collision and not too much damage. Hope you can get it sorted without any trouble coz you've got a really nice example there mate. Love the colour :notworthy:

Cheers fella :grin:

so, despite being done up the rear, the car has been driving perfectly bar a minor knocking noise... it's been like this since getting the work done...

It's quite odd... the knocking is fairly intermittant and will only happen when pulling away and seems to happen once per revoloution of the wheels...

usually when it happens i get a couple of knocks and then goes away...

mainly happens after i pull away when the car has been stationary for a while, so in the morening when leaving for work and the afternoon when leaving work to go home it will almost always happen... tho having said that i was stuck in a lot of traffic yesterday and heard it a lot when creeping...

i know it's coming from the drive train somewhere... i'm thinking possibly CV joint... something could have been disturbedwhile it was apart and sped up a fault that was bound to occur...

as i said id doesn't always happen so when i tried driving slowly in circles at full lock i couldn't get it to happen...

i can also hear it when i let the car roll out of gear... deffinately NOT an engine issue... (thank god)...

So, i think CV joint as do a couple other ppl that i've spoken to...

any thoughts on this ppl?

I'll speak to Dave about it anyway since i'm going up there next week... i may give him a call earlier in the week in case it is and has to order parts... just get it sorted... more money to spend... oh well :shrug:

Hi Do you have any problems with your steering at all?

Can you get proper full lock in both clockwise and anticlockwise turns ?

To test CV joints, put on a full lock and drive slowly with the windows open. If there is a clicking noise then your CV joint is most likely on its way out....

There is a balance weight on the right hand driveshaft, maybe this is loose and catching?

i did try that sean but it didn't happen... i was pushing the car up and down the drive today and found that the noise is coming from the driver side wheel... thats all i could find, then i almost got run over by my car so i gave up...

So fay and i went over to the scrappy today to look for the rear bumper and we couldn't believe the gem we found...!

this beauty was just waiting for the big carpark in the sky and all that was wrong was a blown gasket... the rest of the car was mint! it was just unfortunate that some fool-of-a-took put it through the scrappage scheme so we couldn't buy the whole car! :brickwall:

the whole car was good, besides the rear bumper unfortunately... just my luck it has a ding in it too! :lol:

tell you what tho, Fay and i had a f*cking field day trying to save as much of the car as possible! along with another carrado forum member... who turned up too late as we had dibbs on most of the car by then :tongue:

alloys were almost perfect bar some minor bubbling on the front passenger side... tho they were going for £200 so we left em... pleanty of tyre tred tho!

managed to get a bit from the engine that was leaking on mine... forgotten what it was called...

radiator guard

the boot lid stopper

original 1st aid kit unopened for FREE!!!

centre console minus the handbrake as fay had that...

rubber strip that went over the scuttle trim

engine cover

that was the short list really... i think i might have a bit more but i'm not sure...

fays list was a little more vast... that included almost the entire innards of the car... all the seats, a bit of the dash, all the door cards... her list goes on and on!

she probly got more after as i had to shoot back but i know she had at least 2 jetta full loads...

we did this car a favour! saving as much of it as we can! :clap:

img0231k.jpg

img0232al.jpg

img0233f.jpg

c'mon Fay! put ur back into it! :tongue:

img0234ir.jpg

img0235r.jpg

img0236lp.jpg

img0237.jpg

A full load in the jetta!

img0238ue.jpg