-=Kris=-

Kris' VR6...

well it's louder... but not silly loud... i think it compliments the engine growl...

a nice burble on idle...

I will vouch for the exchaust it sounds awesome and its not too invading on your inner space - so yummy i had to put the window down

Well, going to see DG next week to get an expert opinion... will get it sorted straight after that... Dave (after calling me in fits of laughter) says that it shouldn't be too much of a problem to fix up without having to cut the bent metal out...

He mentioned that (off the top of my head) Judiths car had rolled backwards into a bollard and there was a lot more damage on that... that was repaired without having to cut anything out... so i'm confident i can get it looking perfect again without chopping the car up... :)

Going to the scrappy this weekend to see a replacment bumper... the current one is caved in and well need to go in the bin now... :gag:

For those of you that don't know what i'm talking about, i got hit up the chuff on sunday on the way back from the south coast meet... was another corrado too... (not going to mention who, as they are on the forum and may want to remain nameless 8) )

was another corrado too... (not going to mention who, as they are on the forum and may want to remain nameless 8) )

well your a spoil sport! :tongue:

Glad you got Dave to look at it though, didn't think it would be that bad :wink:

i got hit up the chuff on sunday on the way back from the south coast meet... was another corrado too... )

1980's brakes - don't you just love them?

i got hit up the chuff on sunday on the way back from the south coast meet... was another corrado too... )

1980's brakes - don't you just love them?

:lol:

It just wasn't your day Kris. Firstly the bird sh!t and then this. How did the othe Corrado fair? It must have been one of two people :norty: :norty:

It just wasn't your day Kris. Firstly the bird sh!t and then this. How did the othe Corrado fair? It must have been one of two people :norty: :norty:

ah yes, the toxic bird buttjuice! what the hell thad they been eating?! did your microfibre cloth dissolve away?

ah yes, the toxic bird buttjuice! what the hell thad they been eating?! did your microfibre cloth dissolve away?[/quote:2haig58f]

........... I forgot. It's still in the boot :pukeright: :pukeright:

Yikes. I was just about to jokingly say "Was it Fay..?" ;) And then it turns out it was... so I'll shut up now.

Much damage to your motor fay? F*cking typical bad luck as well as you had a new front bumper on your VR as well.. :(

I think mine has come off more lightly than Kris'. The bumper is a bit scuffed (not the end of the world since the paint was peeling anyway) but it is pushed up at the sides so is prob for the bin and the grill is cracked although you can't see that when it is on the car. I'm not sure if there is any more damage - I will find out when I take the car to DG next week. The rear bumper on Kris' is concave and scuffed and there is a dent below the rear VW badge.

I'm sure everyone is wondering so I'll say what happened. We reached a roundabout with staggered lanes. We were in the left hand lane and I mistakenly thought it was a filter lane. I checked to see what was on the roundabout but hadn't realised Kris had stopped. Luckily I had practically stopped anyway so I was travelling slowly but enough to cause the above damage.

Still can't quite believe I have done this as I am always especially careful when convoying as I know how much everyone cares about their cars but I guess I wasn't careful enough on this occasion. Sorry Kris.

so easily done Fay and to be honest, being in a convoy makes it even more likely most of the time i think. bad luck though, hopefully you can get a deal on fixing everything up together..

Sorry Kris.

I'll add that one to the tally then :tongue:

It's fine... It's repairable and it could have been a whole lot worse... As Jon said tho, it's easily done... It's not like you did it on purpose....................... Or did you?!?! i mean with all the nice new shiny bits on the car...... jealousy is a cruel misstress! :eek: :ignore:

Sorry Kris.

I'll add that one to the tally then :tongue:

It's fine... It's repairable and it could have been a whole lot worse... As Jon said tho, it's easily done... It's not like you did it on purpose....................... Or did you?!?! i mean with all the nice new shiny bits on the car...... jealousy is a cruel misstress! :eek: :ignore:[/quote:9kw669cg]

just wanted to get a public apology in as well...

yep, it was jealousy... jealous that all the suspension stuff is 4 months newer than mine :tongue:

the (carnage) ding...

dsc00975d.jpg

dsc00976v.jpg

dsc00977t.jpg

The damage inside the boot... this was the worrying bit... a bit of flaking paint too

dsc00979fp.jpg

dsc00980d.jpg

dent under the badge...

dsc00981ie.jpg

bumper out of line...

dsc00984te.jpg

And a scuff on the new exhaust... (if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of this i'm all ears!)

dsc00983s.jpg

So it's not the end of the world... but will need bashing out and a lic of paint... the inside of the boot will be a bit warped but noone will see that so i'm not too bothered by it...

Kris, Fay, a rear ender...... I'm sure there's a joke in there but I'm not sure where...... :?

Bad luck guys, but easily sorted and at least it wasn't some mondeo driver who'd probably fight it to the end not to pay out!