20vturbo

corrado 20v turbo, finally finished

just read this thread though, god knows how ive missed it... and WOW!!!

bet you cant wait to drive it, such good work keep it up!!

that is looking sweet! how comes you have changed the throttle body? what was wrong with the old one? Will it need recalibrating on the ecu

the old agu throttle body is 2" where as the abf one is 3" so it will flow more air :thumbleft:

i havent talked to qpeng about it yet so im not sure if the ecu will need re-calibrating

i see! i think it will need recalibrating, i had a mk3 8v one to start with but ben @ qpeng said it wouldnt work unless the ecu was recalibrated. Are you selling the old one? i could do with one as my one is ugly lol

Nice work fella 8)

As for the throttle, think its more to do with the throttle position switch and connector that needs to be matched on the ecu & loom.

i have three or four other looms so ill put the right conector on the loom and go from there. its getting custom mapped on a rolling road so if i do need to adjust anything it can be done then.

i have three or four other looms so ill put the right conector on the loom and go from there. its getting custom mapped on a rolling road so if i do need to adjust anything it can be done then.

Mine needs a remap as well TBH, the generic qpeng map is good to get going with but it defo needs a remap.

the old agu throttle body is 2" where as the abf one is 3" so it will flow more air :thumbleft:

i havent talked to qpeng about it yet so im not sure if the ecu will need re-calibrating

But thats it will flow more air upto the next restriction which will be the valves, if your not changing/working the head then there wont really be much benefit.

when people put on performance intake manifolds too flow more air they usually dont bother doing any headwork beacuse the 12 intake valves seem to more than able to handle the extra air flow.

this is the first load of stainless steel mikalor clamps. these one are for the smaller pipes around the block

dont mind the wiring, its not connected i just left it on the engine to keep it safe

IMG_1932.jpg

heres some of them fitted to the engine

IMG_1933.jpg

still looking good bud still the best thread on the forum and you have some great skills

i sandblasted the servo

IMG_1935.jpg

the master cylinder

IMG_1936.jpg

the front engine mount support

IMG_1946.jpg

this is the radiator support before i sand blasted it

IMG_1947.jpg

everything painted

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

the loom for the headlights was in a compete mess so i replaced some wires and checked the continuity of everything

IMG_1941.jpg

then wrapped it up

IMG_1942.jpg

i got the old brake resivoir cleaned up which took forever

IMG_1945.jpg

all in the bay

IMG_1944.jpg

Just shaking my head in pure disbelief at the work done and skills/knowledge shown. Good luck with the rebuild keep the posts coming

what did you clean the brake reservoir with buddy? cant wait to see this finished...

i left it in the parts washer over night and then flushed it out with a heavy duty alloy wheel cleaner to get the black gunk off it

im in california at the moment so i wont update the thread until i get home. im bringing home loads of tasty bits for the corrado so i will have plenty of new parts to fit :D

ALL TOGETHER NOW.......................OH WHY ARE WEEEEEEEEEEEE WAITING HO WHY ARE WEEEEEEEEE WAITING!

Give the boy a chance, we are all waiting to see this thing of perfect engineering. :D

But yes we all need an update PLEASE !

i haven't updated the thread in awhile because i have been in california so heres a pic of some of the stuff i brought home for the car

IMG_1009-1.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

while i was there i got to have a look around one of these (thats me sitting in it)

IMG_2128.jpg

then we just happened to be passing this place

IMG_0775.jpg

and luckely there was a show with stuff like this in it

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

and the famous cork screw

IMG_0961-1.jpg