vardo

Black VR6(overdue update 3 yrs later oops )now blue

missed my golf vr6 so much i bit the bullet and got me a rado vr6,needs a bit of work ,but its been resprayed,got a brand new stainless exhaust,and a set of lowering springs thrown in,also a set of alloys(sebrings 3 piece split rims which dont fit :uhm: )its sitting on various different size steel wheels lol,it has a running problem but i will investigate this week,defo needs a coilpack

008-9.jpg

006-10.jpg

007-10.jpg

010-9.jpg

009-12.jpg

012-12.jpg

011-12.jpg

985692-2.jpg

Edited by vardo

Is that ur cat gettin' a piece of the sebrings's? :lol:

They all ur Dub's in the pic? :salute:

yeah cat having a good sniff about them lol

all my dubs and also have bora and mk2 golf gti just sitting out of view lol ive got it bad !!

well after a quick investigation,the head gasket is shot,all emulsified,the mechanic i bought it off,obviously knew,he started it and said it wasnt running properly,but i saw the crack in the coilpack arcing so didnt check further doh,it must have been gone for a bit coz the white sludge in the engine didnt just happen.i towed it home coz of no tax or mot ,so didnt drive it,ce la vie!

anyways save the pennies and put it in somewhere to get fixed.

had a go at the alloys,dismantled them and did some refurb work,1 down 3 to go,im gonna put my tt comps(kept them from my mk3 vr6) on it for meantime,just polishing them back to standard,they got a bit nasty over the winter

001-3.jpg

splits3001.jpg

splits3005.jpg

comps004.jpg

oh well,back to the drawing board,got the call from the garage and the block is cracked on this vr,just my run of bad luck again,looking for an engine,loads of 2.8s for sale but not really what i want,see what happens i s'pose.id just forked out on another set of alloys again doh

well car is back ,minus the head,the block is cracked all the way across the 3 cylinders on one side and cracked across 2 cylinders on the other :OMG:

vrfoobarred001.jpg

vrfoobarred005.jpg

vrfoobarred006.jpg

shocking damage in my opinion!!

some hours of work later lol

011-3.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

018-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

it wouldnt run properly,rattling its head in,so noticed no oil was getting up top,so stripped sump off and guess what!!!

red arrows point out the probs,sump badly bashed

017-3.jpg

inside the sump..

019-2.jpg

oil pump housing snapped,and oil pump drive snapped...

011-5.jpg

housing in block of the oil pump drive,snapped...

015-3.jpg

well that was 2 days ago,and ive put the sump ,oil pump,and oil pump drive out the broken engine in,and its fired up and revving beautiful,let the rebuild begin!!! :D :D :D

i bought these rims 9x16 borbet as with flat caps and have started to strip them back,one done 3 to go

001-5.jpg

002-3.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

got some solitudes for this,for winters till the borbets are ready

010-3.jpg

started tidying the engine,gonna degrease it all and paint up as much as i can,spare inlet is getting painted,tomorrow

002-8.jpg

Great to see one getting put back on the road rather than broken, hats off to you sir. Hopefully after your first few issues you'll now have a smooth run.

Couldn't help but notice that you never fitted those TT comps in the end?

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Well done mate for getting it sorted!. Get it put back together and get some proper pics up :D

cheerz will do more pics to follow

Nicely done :) Keep us updated on the progress!

thank you sir

I don;t think Ive ever seen damage like that to a VR block. :gag:

well as it goes,my golf vr started off like this too,nearly put me off vrs for life,check this....

various2008048.jpg

piston missing

08052008097.jpg

missing valve ends

08052008098.jpg

some bits i found after stripping.

Great to see one getting put back on the road rather than broken, hats off to you sir. Hopefully after your first few issues you'll now have a smooth run.

Couldn't help but notice that you never fitted those TT comps in the end?

also cheerz muchly,i couldnt break a rado,also got a 16v black one which i was gonna break for bits for my other 2 rados but,WHY,few things to fix and thats also another one saved,FOR SALE lol

as for the comps,they are sitting here just now freshly polished today with black detailing,selling for cash for my other two

compsblack002.jpg

compsblack008.jpg

Good work dude! Whats next? I might be selling my cream porsche leather interior soon if of any interest?

Keep up the good work :salute:

Vick :D

great to see you getting stuck in,you must have way to much free time on your hands :lol:

Ive also never seen a VR block cracked at the top like that before,bottem ends with rods out the side,mangled bore etc but never at the top......wierd :scratch:

Hate to ask but how much would you want for the Comps? I suspect more than I've got but I'll thought I'd ask! :lol:

Very interested in this project though. Any plans once it's at a point where you happy with all the mechanical stuff?

Good work dude! Whats next? I might be selling my cream porsche leather interior soon if of any interest?

cheerz dude,porsche leather would be sweet,could you send pics and cost :)

great to see you getting stuck in,you must have way to much free time on your hands :lol:

Ive also never seen a VR block cracked at the top like that before,bottem ends with rods out the side,mangled bore etc but never at the top......wierd :scratch:

cheerz fella,yeah ive been off work for a month due to surgery,and i was supposed to be resting lol

that engine is shocking for sure :shock:

Hate to ask but how much would you want for the Comps? I suspect more than I've got but I'll thought I'd ask! :lol:

Very interested in this project though. Any plans once it's at a point where you happy with all the mechanical stuff?

sorry dude they went yesterday,350 i sold em for

cheerz for comment :salute: plans for this are build it very similar to my valver,(but no tt fuel cap this time,too much work)...

radrad-3.jpg

,ive got a spare front bumper,so having a go at smoothing it,finish off the borbet As,bigger brakes and coillies,and interior,but time and cash will limit this over time lol

had a good dry day yesterday for a change so got some work done..

shocks off and spax springs fitted(until monies for coilies)

driveshafts connected,and some other wee bits

005-5.jpg

006-5.jpg

007-2.jpg

quite surprised at how low its sitting ,just on springs :D

Interesting - how much would yuo be looking for? Vardo, some good progress there, keep it updated.

im still having probs with this rado at the mo.....

runs for 5 mins and then dies,wont restart

batteries(4 tried now) wont keep charge

power steering wont bleed up

still trying to line up gears(but as engine wont run long enough,cant get them right)

door handles are gubbed

but ive built it back up,so its starting to look like a car again

painted the rusty bits

011-7.jpg

front end back on

013-5.jpg

014-1.jpg

cheerz,

weather has been that bad lately,work is hard to progress,got the dash back in place,still to get all the electrics back in place..

swapped my borbet cs for my old 16"steelies,which were on my golf vr6 i sold.

i really like these wheels,will get them on tomorrow weather permitting

borbet cs

006-8.jpg

for these

007-5.jpg