easypops

My VR6 and Storm

Where an earth did you get them from Martin ?. When I did mine , I was told the last one was in Ireland TPS , which I grabbed, the other I had to have made .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got them from VW mate, the part number is from a Passat. I got the information on here, wasn't that long ago and I just popped in yesterday to see if they were still available and hey presto, they called this morning.

Here is the comparison to the one survivor I have

b13f5f36bab305296d0c71ff4ff95d52.jpg

I got them from VW mate, the part number is from a Passat. I got the information on here, wasn't that long ago and I just popped in yesterday to see if they were still available and hey presto, they called this morning.

Here is the comparison to the one survivor I have

b13f5f36bab305296d0c71ff4ff95d52.jpg

Ah yes , I remember the Passat discussion now

They are identical in size so I now have everything to do the rebuild........except time :lol:

Time , one thing we are all short of

Time , one thing we are all short of

You're not wrong there mate. Anyway how's yours these days, last pics I saw on Facebook looked great. Those guys look like they know their stuff 8)

You're not wrong there mate. Anyway how's yours these days, last pics I saw on Facebook looked great. Those guys look like they know their stuff 8)

Yeah they do Martin . A few cock ups with screen seals , one part missing from a pack , then another arrived from Heritage and had been folded so they would not fit it as they were not happy with the seal . Third time lucky , I hope to pick it up this Saturday. I have over 80 pics from them . Once I've worked out how to save them and I have the final paint pics , I will put them on my gallery.

Can you send me the Passat part number you used for the dust caps. I had a Passat part number for some but still couldn’t locate any

Can you send me the Passat part number you used for the dust caps. I had a Passat part number for some but still couldn’t locate any

Looks like its written on the box twice !

I’ve been very quiet of late, really busy with work so car time has been at the bottom of the list. Jamiehamy has been here quite a few times over the last few months and I think he eventually got more fed up than me with the zero car progress . So over the last couple of weeks, Jamie has kindly given up some of his time to help me(more like me trying to help him) get the underside sorted. The rear beam has been swapped, all bushes/brakes/bolts etc replaced.

The front is also well under way with the subframe/wishbones/rad support/crossmember/driveshafts/hubs replaced. Also fitted a set of coilovers I picked up a few years ago, FK of some variety? Eibach arb’s fitted as well. All bolts replaced with new where possible.

Not there yet but it’s definitely coming along. All thanks to Jamie , cheers mate af6141a2b239a005b6d8861d55952885.jpg2896675ca9fbc84d4f52c0adf1535706.jpgbea9c8534facf9b171cf048ed2047ce1.jpg

8315769ef88b4a9ab1b10554272082c0.jpg736536abadd88fd5015566e0b07931cb.jpg

Edited by easypops

Oh that rad support panel looks lush! I so wanted that to have been for sale when i visited you.

Looking good.

Fraser

You can still get the rad panel through classic parts in Germany or if you can wait a bit through heritage with cheaper delivery

I guess I should put a wee update on.

Having had zero time in the last months for Corrado tinkering, an opportunity came up for me to get involved with Goldie’s latest purchase. He knows I’m a sucker for these cars and with the goodies this one had I couldn’t refuse :)

It was bought as a breaker as it had had an internal fire which was behind the dashboard. After it arrived I hated the thought of killing it as it looked so good, plus I already have a parts car with the dashboard and loom intact. Sadly that thought died when we got to the rear end as it’s rotten, massive rust issues which you can literally put your hand through. So unless I have a mad turn it’ll never see the road again.

The list of parts I acquired was definitely worth it. I doubt I’ll sell any but you never know.......one day maybe:lol:

Full front lights

Updated shrick 268 cams

Wavetrec LSD in the gearbox

Full stainless exhaust with tubular manifold and decat

Samco silicone hoses

Magnecor ht leads

Lightened crank pulley

Full set of badges

Lupo GTi wipers

Working sunroof

Plus I still have the car, so seats, wings, bumpers, windows and much more.

All stuff I’d have probably tried to buy.

4881402E-4C4F-4A6A-93DD-3FB817D76985.jpg

Coilovers

Eibach anti roll bar

The car does look nice in that picture and it is a shame it is too far gone. I bet you will have it for a another 5 years.

Coilovers

Eibach anti roll bar

The car does look nice in that picture and it is a shame it is too far gone. I bet you will have it for a another 5 years.

Ha ha, I forgot about those bits, and yes, it could live with me for a while :lol:

I finally found some time to clear out my garage and the red VR6 at last came down off its axle stands and made it into the dry(and warm):)

As I’m going to be doing the OBD2 swap, I’ll be removing the engine, which will allow me to get the wavetrac diff fitted into the gearbox. Plus I might as well do the chains/tensioners and any other associated bits while it’s out, including the 268 cams and the Schrick

99B29C96-85DB-426F-8E0D-DADFB5ED03DD.jpg

03660642-B561-4E77-B5EB-55A9A25F1F37.jpg

Very nice addition Martin . Rare as hens teeth too .

Thanks mate, it’s about time I started fitting parts instead of just buying them :)