My 16v VS a VR6

but we all kiss and make up

Literally in some cases. :lol:

I reckon you're all mouth and no trousers. :D

but we all kiss and make up

Literally in some cases. :lol:

I reckon you're all mouth and no trousers. :D[/quote:1vltk7ji]

hes as fridged as they come mate :lol:

I've owned a G60, 3 x 2.0 16v, 3 x VR6 and currently have a 1.8 16v. Never owned an 8v, but have driven a couple (was pleasantly surprised).

I liked all the valvers, loved my G60 (had 68mm pulley + chip), adored my VR6s. For me the VR is known as 'the' one to go for, for good reason. It feels more classy, expensive, refined, yet can be a real balls-out fun car to drive when needed.

Gotta say, I agree a bit with Dave about the valvers. Mine feels so slow, unless I thrash it everywhere, which does get a bit tiring. However, I'm not charging around like I used to in the G60 or VR6s (or my Octy vRS for that matter), making my drive to work a little calmer (which is nice!) :lol:

Ultimately if I keep my valver for a long while, it'll be defo going to DG Autotech for a 1.8T...

As others have said, it's all subjective and down to one's own opinion ;)

Ultimately if I keep my valver for a long while

What do you mean "if"? I thought you were definitely keeping this one? :wink:

hes as fridged as they come mate :lol:[/quote:1t7d7mdi]

Well, sorry to disappoint you guys but you probably won't get the chance to find out. Actually make that you definitely won't get the chance to find out! :lol: And I'm not fridged for the record. Just ask Toad. :p

Ultimately if I keep my valver for a long while

hes as fridged as they come mate :lol:

Well, sorry to disappoint you guys but you probably won't get the chance to find out. Actually make that you definitely won't get the chance to find out! :lol: And I'm not fridged for the record. Just ask Toad. :p[/quote:fky5w55f]

damn, oh well, plenty of fish in the sea

:lol: Don't worry, Chris, will be keeping it!

And I'm not fridged for the record. Just ask Toad. :p

To be fair. You didn't have much say in the matter, and nor would most of the others.... :norty:

Anal Probe all the way

:eek:

Why did you think we were so keen on you coming over for a BBQ???

I didn't hear the term BBQ used all that much. Spit roast on the other hand ...

To be fair. You didn't have much say in the matter, and nor would most of the others.... :norty:

You're not fussy are you Tom? :lol:

I didn't hear the term BBQ used all that much. Spit roast on the other hand ...

I did wonder why Dinkus asked me if I fancied 'pork' five times at that BBQ :shock:

You're not fussy are you Tom? :lol:

Just any form of human contact works for me.

??? you say its not the engine that matters, but you wouldnt buy a corrado (now) because they dont have enough power??? imo, the corrado is an amazing car, dont see many, and still looks the nuts today after all those years??? what better coupes are there??? the VR6 still keeps up with the leon cupras, type R's and all the other "performance" cars out there unmodified....

That's not what I said was it? I said I would only get a 'modified' one. Did I mention power? By modified I meant changes made to the chassis and braking (and in more depth than just coilovers and disc/pad changes) at the very least because they're deeply flawed as standard imo. The engine isn't an issue since any of them can be made faster, or replaced with a different engine.

Keeps up with a Leon Cupra..... hmmmm, it's the minimum you'd expect of 2.9 litre V6 tbh, so not really a massive boasting point. And the Civic has 40lb-ft less torque and a VR6 can't pass it.

instead of some boring astra vxr...

A boring Astra VXR that could blow your VR6 into the weeds no less.

driving a corrado says something about you i think, spoiler goes up, nice sound and as good handling as you could want from a front wheel drive car.

Have you driven an Integra Type R? Runs rings around the VR6 and the later DC5s are on par looks wise imo too.

I think you're just ever so slightly over biased and blinkered and object to people criticising the precious VR6. Once a Saxo VTS has beaten you off the lights, you'll come to realise it's in desperate need of modernisation to remain competetive with todays hot hatches.

Once a Saxo VTS has beaten you off the lights, you'll come to realise it's in desperate need of modernisation to remain competetive with todays hot hatches.

Good point.

It's about appreciating your corrado(whatever model) for what it is.

You will feel constantly innadequate if you are always comparing it up against other cars.

There are some good cars out there in the wild.Sooner or later no matter what you do to your car one of them will send you home with your tail between your legs.

I reakon comparing cars on such performance fronts is to all intents and purposes pointless.....its about how the thing makes you feel :camp: ......I've had loads of performance hatches and cars over the years and I seriously think the C is up there with the best of them and its by no means the fastest car I've ever had.

havent driven any other derivative of the C other than a VR so cant really comment on original post :lol:

For me it had to be the VR. I've never driven a G60 or a 16v or an 8v Corrado, and I probably never will. But they don't have a V6, hence I wasn't interested ... I like the ultra-smooth potter-along-in-traffic in 3rd gear at 700 rpm aspect of the V6 just as much as the sheer, effortless, constrained fury when you open the throttle wide at 60mph in 3rd to overtake something ..

It's not the best car ever, what is? And what, pray, would the "best car ever" be doing selling for an average of £2k anyway? Don't be ridiculous. It's 14 years old and it shows. But it'll do.

IMHO it still represents one of the best combinations of practicality, performance, handling, comfort, style and rarity value .. FOR THE MONEY. If I wanted to spend more money on a car I'd buy a better car..

thats it, can compare it to 15-20 grand cars all day long, but if you spent that on a rado its MUCH better imo. If i wanted any of the cars mentioned i would get one, but i dont!! i want a beastly vw, old skool. People say to me what a nice car, i have liked them since they came out etc... you cant beat the feeling of owning a rado imo...

Sounds like Kev would sell his if he hadnt spent so much money on it? i dont want to argue about what cars are better, there are loads that drive better, faster, more reliable... but giv me 20 grand for a coupe, i would buy a corrado VR6 end of story!!

lol this topic has gone crazy ive never had a post with so many replies!! all i wanted wanted was a simple answer hahaha its all got a bit heated!

heated :bad-words: i will give you heated :bad-words:

hahaha, yeah funny thread, sooooo off topic its crazy!! think i might be to blame for the arguing, so i apologize to the whole forum!!

IM SORRY FORUM i love you all really!! :luvlove: