Sign in to follow this  
KIPVW

TOP GEAR New Series comments :)

Just read on windows live today that stig removes his helmet on top gear, could be tonight :shock:

Just read on windows live today that stig removes his helmet on top gear, could be tonight :shock:

cant wait for top gear :clap: :D

I call publicity stunt. He'll remove it but have a mask on or something.

I'd like to boast that the clip of ken block with the hercules in the back ground, I was in that Herc! :D

Schumacher definately isn't the Stig! They couldn't afford him week in, week out!

The train race was great :) Roll on next week!

That was brilliant!

I agree Schumacher defo isn't the stig, but fair play, I always thought he had no personality, but that just proved me wrong.

Roll on next week :)

yea he was actually pretty funny, fair play to him for doing it!! great to see top gear again!!

HOW FAST WAS THAT FOOKIN FERRARI!!! WOW!!!! would love a go in that...

Kips theory. Ferrari would only let Schumacher drive their car so he was 'the Stig# for that drive.

Not convinced he is/has been for all the others.

Not sure if I'm alone in this but as much as I love Top Gear I think I preferred the James May program on afterwards this evening.

And I agree with him that politicians should get the chance to see the Earth from space. But I would be less inclined to point the rocket at the Moon and more so to point it at the Sun....

I dont think he is either, I recon they will say some one different each week

Very DEFINITELY not the Stig, for all the quality reasons outlined above. The various individuals who've been the Stig have been previously outed by the press, hence tonight's gag about "revealing" him when clearly it's only been Schumacher for the Ferrari one.

The whole point of the Stig is that he's a cult character in his own right, as a weird non-human entity in racing gear, with a testis for an eye and who sucks the moisture out of ducks. That's the genius of it: the origin of the name is in Clarkson's school background, where the "Stig" was always the new boy, based on the novel Stig of the Dump. Outing the Stig as so many circulation obsessed newspapers have been doing is just proof of how enduring the mystery of the character is; it's as pointless as trying to prove that Father Christmas doesn't exist.

Good on the Top Gear boys for pulling a timely and humorous stunt to put down all the speculation and ensure the continuity of the legend.

Here endeth the pompous, English teacher rant! :clap:

Not sure if I'm alone in this but as much as I love Top Gear I think I preferred the James May program on afterwards this evening.

And I agree with him that politicians should get the chance to see the Earth from space. But I would be less inclined to point the rocket at the Moon and more so to point it at the Sun....

Yeah thought that program was great too, and I agree with you about your sence of direction too, I can't stand politicians, they've made me dislike so much about my country. :(

I missed it tonight!!! Was it the first in the series? When is it repeated? Sounds like it was a good 'un.

I missed it tonight!!! Was it the first in the series? When is it repeated? Sounds like it was a good 'un.

yea was pretty good, the ferrari on there was way too much, neva heard a road car sound like that!!

and the space program after with old may was just as good, good tele :D

Well the FXX thing was a bit wrong - in so much as they've always insisted that the cars that go round the track have to be road legal. Anything that's been driven round there that WASN'T road legal got chucked. The FXX's don't go on the road.. so surely it shouldn't have gone up despite the astonishing time?

The Caparo will eat the FXX if / when they ever get one on the track though..

But the Caparo doesn't qualify for their lap time either as it can't get over a speed bump ... but I agree the FXX isn't road legal either.

Just a publicity thing that I'm sure they had to agree with Ferrari in order to get it on in the first place. 50p says it's gone in the next week or two - there's bound to be a load of emails complaining about it.