Sign in to follow this  
KIPVW

TOP GEAR New Series comments :)

The Caparo they tested back in '07 was fixed height suspension but the apparently the production version of it will have a nose lifting kit which will enable it to get over speedbumps - so will be legal for the lap board..... :)

Ah ha! Had a feeling there might be something that meant they'd get a legitimate lap from the Caparo. That would be awesome as didn't the Caparo also beat the Gumpert by about 7 seconds?

politicians should get the chance to see the Earth from space.quote]

can you imagine the expenses claims going in though? :lol:

I missed it tonight!!! Was it the first in the series? When is it repeated? Sounds like it was a good 'un.

BBC iPlayer :tongue:

Well the FXX thing was a bit wrong - in so much as they've always insisted that the cars that go round the track have to be road legal. Anything that's been driven round there that WASN'T road legal got chucked. The FXX's don't go on the road.. so surely it shouldn't have gone up despite the astonishing time?

The Caparo will eat the FXX if / when they ever get one on the track though..

I agree... the FXX isn't on the road, and besides that, it would not be able to go over a speed bump - which is what clarkson had based the lap board on after sending the Ascari A10 round cos it had a nose that lifts up... i think it was the A10 anyway...

moving onto the stig... it's not schewy...

i saw some footage of someone speaking to the Stig after taking a car round the top gear track and he had an English accent...

the bit at the end with him in the resonably priced car was quite funny...

Can't have beem Schumacher all these years, otherwise he would have knocked Clarkson off the road everytime he was losing........... :ignore:

Kips theory. Ferrari would only let Schumacher drive their car so he was 'the Stig# for that drive.

yep, agreed, that is blatantly the reason!

the stig is much taller than schumacher as well!

Why didn't he do the F1 driver in a resonably priced car bit anyway? Too scared of getting beaten in equivalent equipment :lol:? I liked the part about running into Damon Hill, and Schumacher looking uncomfortable :wave:.

and Schumacher owns the only black FFX ever made

correction, he owns the only all black FXX - as in no white stripe on the bonet.

Not the best episode - but the drag race between the Veyron and the F1 more than made up for it. That empty stretch of road and those two cars.. I think if there was a heaven, that would be it.

liked the race between the lights with the lambo & merc myself :lol:

those boys have a great job

liked the race between the lights with the lambo & merc myself :lol:

those boys have a great job

Yeah - that was excellent too. They must have got up to nearly 200MPH racing the Merc & Lambo.. what an awesome bit of film that was to watch! Sure the green movement / do-gooders were frothing at the mouth with those kinds of speeds on screen! I bet they'll be complaining that it's promoting speeding in the UK in next weeks papers!

Creased me up when they doctored James Mays stereo and Clarkson pinched the r/c, setting it off at random times - Also it was guaranteed that him and the Volvo would fail on the 3AM decibel test!!

Ian :clap:

Still the best programme on the box well now ashes to ashes has finished

shame they dont really test cars anymore yes i know they tested a lambo but a 1 hour show :eek:

top gear was awesome as always, cant wait till next week!! the mclaren f1 still impressive, but for 2 million :shock: :cuckoo:

You can't really put a price on a car like an F1. I'm sure there are people out there that would pay more than 2 million for one!

Thought it was pretty good. Loved Jame's stereo and Clarkson trying to drive out of that field. :lol:

Lambo = :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove:

Creased me up when they doctored James Mays stereo

Oh god yeah, James May and loud Techno music - like chalk and cheese - absolute comedy gold :lol:

The Lambo v SLR was as close as expected, the Lambo doing very well indeed with over 100lb-ft torque less than the SLR. I wonder what the new Murcielago's gonna be like? Even more Audified I suspect, but let's face it, Audi did a bloody superb 'silent partner' job of the out going one.

For me the Bugatti v F1 result was surprisingm, I thought the Vey would walk it, but the Macca is nearly a tonne lighter I suppose, plus the Stig executed a brilliant launch :D Apparently Dubai's intense heat played havoc with the Vey's turbos and engine heat etc, so power was down.

Still, the amount of grunt needed to catch and pass an F1 was clearly is huge, and it still managed to do that, so overall victory to Dr Vey for me!

Fantastic episode i thought, must say off the start line the veyron got annihilated!!! there was no doubt which was going to win but i was quite suprised how much the mclaren just left the veyron off the start line.

Must say one of the best sights i have ever seen, a hot, flat, empty road with super/hyper cars... stunning.

Got to be the F1 for me, that was the only situation where the Veyron would win put them on a track and the F1 would easily kick it's ass. The Veyron is brilliant as a grand tourer but as a drivers car there was one clear winner for me, not that I would be dissapointed having a drive of a Veyron but i would sell a kidney to have a drive of the F1.

ian

For me the Bugatti v F1 result was surprisingm, I thought the Vey would walk it, but the Macca is nearly a tonne lighter I suppose, plus the Stig executed a brilliant launch :D Apparently Dubai's intense heat played havoc with the Vey's turbos and engine heat etc, so power was down.

Still, the amount of grunt needed to catch and pass an F1 was clearly is huge, and it still managed to do that, so overall victory to Dr Vey for me!

I was also very surprised by how close that was, especially since official figures for the cars show that the Veyron achieves 0-200mph faster than the MacLaren does 100-200mph. There's no doubt that the MacLaren is a hugely fast car though, and the fact that it took the Veyron some 15-16 years and another 350bhp to beat it is a testament to how fast it was. Totally impressive in my view.

When I started this reply I was going to raiuse the question of whether the TG race actually proved anything at all, but instead I've now come to thinking that it doesn't actually matter at all which of them is faster at all. Both cars are simply ridiculously fast, and frankly I'd be very happy indeed if I ever came to possess either of them. The Veyron has the sheer numbers, but the MacLaren has a proven race history together with excellent residual values.

Big thumbs-ups to TG for even organising the dual though. What a stunning piece of telly it was (as was May's 254mph Veyron run a few years ago).

STILL the only programme i watch without fail.

This weeks was a great episode. Stunning cars, and great comedy. TV Genius.