Sign in to follow this  
KIPVW

TOP GEAR New Series comments :)

I really wasn't sure why they put the Range Rover and greenhouse thing in; it really wasn't funny and just seemed like a pointless gap filler.

Oh and.... I get to drive a 300 TT SWB manual targa version whenever I want :tongue:

Oh and.... I get to drive a 300 TT SWB manual targa version whenever I want :tongue:

And the verdict is?

Not exactly the most comfortable drive as the steering wheel is between my knees, it doesn't adjust nor do the Recaros and my knees touch the dashboard BUT it's lots of fun to drive, tons of low down power, feels totally solid on the road and very easy to whip the rear end round which isn't always a good thing! Anyone who wants one and is taller than 5'10 would have issues driving it.

the steering wheel is between my knees

Doesn't that drive your nuts?

Oh hang on....

watch layer cake. she's in that

Watch Alfie she gets her tits out more :wink: LOL

had this debate last night and the only thing we could come up with apart from layer cake was that she was married to jude law. oh wow. :)

was a reasonable episode i thought, i like the fact they always pick cars you wouldn't expect for the 1500 quid challenges.

Not exactly the most comfortable drive as the steering wheel is between my knees, it doesn't adjust nor do the Recaros and my knees touch the dashboard BUT it's lots of fun to drive, tons of low down power, feels totally solid on the road and very easy to whip the rear end round which isn't always a good thing! Anyone who wants one and is taller than 5'10 would have issues driving it.

i like the specs on it, but not so sure about the styling, it looks a bit cumbersome and wide. there's a fearsomely bodykitted bright orange one i see on my way to work. its horrid. :gag:

Before everyone logs on to webuyanycar.com to flog the C's for 300zx's I'd hold on a sec

A friend of mine has an absolutely awesome no cost spared example and it's as reliable as a dead cat, he get's through more turbo's then I do pants!

450bhp though, makes my feel all excited when I know I'm going out for a drive in it :dance:

best bit by far the quip from the ex F1 racer on overtaking May.... (french accent) 'wat is diz sh*t box?.... morriss? pah'

Was just watching the episode again on iPlayer and trying not to laugh at Hammond calling him 'Oliver Penis' :lol:

The Marina nearly looking good? Do you know what you are saying?

Ffs, drive one and find how loathsome it is. The guys that celebrate it are surely "avin' a larf."

My father in law had one from new. The most wallowing, flabby piece of junk I have ever driven. :bad-words:

Good benchmark of the British car industry's mass produced output at the time and a prime example of why it went down the pan. Oh, that and the bolshy Scottish shop stewards that stirred the s#it in the industry and made toe-curling viewing and listening on the 6 o'clock news every night for months - or was it years.

Rant over. :)

I really wasn't sure why they put the Range Rover and greenhouse thing in; it really wasn't funny and just seemed like a pointless gap filler.

I agree. "Crackerjack" was 100 times more entertaining at a fraction of the cost. :)

I'm prefering Fifth Gear sometimes these days...It's improved massively, whilst Top Gear hasn't changed at all, still better than most other things on TV, and I'm totally in agreement with Clarkson's point of view just about all the time, as I think most people are....

I'm prefering Fifth Gear sometimes these days

I was getting into Fifth Gear over the past few weeks until they recommended a Calibra today as a good second hand buy...

A calibra!!!! :brickwall: :epicfail: :help: :pukeright:

the steering wheel is between my knees

Doesn't that drive your nuts?

Oh hang on....

Roflcopter...

I wonder how soon it is before complaints come in from the "Mary Whitehouse" brigade about this season's "Sponsors" ...

I literally spat my coffee when May opened his drivers door! Genius, purile, but genius!

Hmm a "reliabe" 944 for £1500...

I'm prefering Fifth Gear sometimes these days...It's improved massively

I was thinking that until I saw an episode a couple of weeks back where they attempted to review the new DSG Mk6 Golf Gti. After the 'review' I found myself thinking that there wasnt a single opinion or useful fact about the car in the whole thing. At least top gear never even make a pretence of reviewing a car properly, maybe thats where fifth gear still fails for me, it takes itself too seriously.

Anyway this is my mates Z, he loves it although it does like a drink, especially with the way he drives it too. I dont think he goes anywhere in a straight line, its always sideways.

JayZed.JPG[/attachment:1jnzjgmw]

Before everyone logs on to webuyanycar.com to flog the C's for 300zx's I'd hold on a sec

THE most annoying advert jingle.....ever! :D

A friend of mine has an absolutely awesome no cost spared example and it's as reliable as a dead cat, he get's through more turbo's then I do pants!

He either has a serious engine problem that's causing them to fail.... or he's using schitt turbos :D

450bhp though, makes my feel all excited when I know I'm going out for a drive in it :dance:

For all of 5 minutes by the sounds of it!

I watch Fifth Gear but I do get hacked off the the fillers they have every program.

Before the first advert break, at ten minutes in, we have to have a summary of what's on after the break, then after the break we have the same summary, this is repeated for each advert break.

There's the stupid titles bit before the 'cheapskate option' slot, the drawn out idiots 'competition' and then of course the massive plug for their website. :gag:

Even their practical comparisons of cars are usually just 3 pointless experiments. :camp:

At least some of the cars are worth watching!!!

I'm not feeling this series as much for some reason. Still enjoying it and watching Hammond on that track had me in stitches. He's cr@p! :lol:

But I don't find myself laughing as much as previous serieses. And they do that "much later" "much, much later" thing to death. It's barely raising a chuckle now. :roll:

Hope I don't get too bored of it. Still haven't recovered mentally from getting bored of the Simpsons.

Top Gear over Fifth Gear any day though!

But I don't find myself laughing as much as previous serieses. And they do that "much later" "much, much later" thing to death. It's barely raising a chuckle now. :roll:

I don't care how cliched the "some says" and "much laters" become, TG is still 4,000,000% more interesting than anything else on at that time.

Was a good one, that model was stunning and I literally burst out loud laughing when Clarkson went on about an average Majorcan day, throwing Donkey's off tower blocks :D