Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Thats it, im done, i cant do it anymore

So, i wash out cleaning the car today, getting more and more depressed by the condition of its bodywork, and i was just waiting for something to push me over the edge, then it happened, a nice chuck if paintwork FELL OFF the rear bumper! Thats it, i cannot take it anymore. My rado has got to the stage where it will cost me a fortune to get it to where i want it.

The paintwork is beyond dead

The sunroof kinda works, ish

The spoiler motor is dead

The rear wiper is broken

The bonnet catch is dodgy

The heater gets colder as the engine gets hotter :cuckoo:

It would cost me £3k+ to get it somewhere useful, so ive decided to sell it. BUT, i still want a rado. So as opposed to throwing £3k at mine and being left with a decent valver im gonna sell mine and buy a G60.

Dont get me wrong, mechanically my is sound. It had a £1000 engine rebuild around 10k miles ago, new starter motor, alarm system, water pipes, etc etc, its just the bodywork is depressing me.

So, if anyone is looking for a project in around 4 months time, keep an eye out

dont give up mate, if it is all sound, perhaps you could try doing some painting yourself, practice on a few panels and when you feel confident, tackle the bumper yourself. OK if its bodywork, thats a differnt story, but i'm sure you can find a mate who does this stuff and can do it for a few meals. Hang in there.

The entire car needs a respray, everywhere the paint is faded, cracked, peeling etc etc.

Its not particulary a bad thing if i upgrade to a G60 though. Ive had the same discussion with my parents, but i'll be raising the money through savings and extra work, they're worried im just going to whack it on my credit card/car loan and run out and buy a G tomorrow, it'll be a long thought out process.

The entire car needs a respray, everywhere the paint is faded, cracked, peeling etc etc.

Its not particulary a bad thing if i upgrade to a G60 though. Ive had the same discussion with my parents, but i'll be raising the money through savings and extra work, they're worried im just going to whack it on my credit card/car loan and run out and buy a G tomorrow, it'll be a long thought out process.

8) :salute:

i can assure you a g60 is not a cheap option by any means. mine was certainly no cheaper than my vr. get a professional valet done costing 200-300 and you'll get an immediate improvement on the paintwork and overall appearance. then begin to save towards getting the bodywork/paint done later. if youve started and completed the mechanicals - you're wasting that by moving. it comes down to patience.. you are very unlikely to find a car that has been treated to bodywork and fresh paint - at least not for the money you are thinking. relax, stay sensible and finish the work!

My VR could do with a respray - It's getting done in September.

I've spent too much to bail out now!! :lol:

The issues you mention (aside from paint) are relatively minor in my eyes :)

I can understand everyones views, buuuuut, i'll still be spending alot of time and money on a valver......

I dunno, ive got around 6-9 months to sort it all out

Having had two of the things now I can assure you G60s have their fair share of problems mate! Just make sure if you are going to go down that route you don't go from a mechanically sound car that looks bad to a looker that blows up on you after a month.

I know how depressing it can be to have a car with cr@p bodywork. I'm in the same boat. I hate the way my car looks at the moment.

seriously - most corrados will need some paintwork or even bodywork at this point - jumping to another car will not change this fact - like i said its unlikely jumping into another car will solve your unhappiness. saving and sorting the car you have will

Got to agree with Leon tbh. You'd only be moving to another car with its own problems. If its mechanically sound id try spend the cash if you can on getting the body work up to scratch.

Good luck with what ever you choose though :D

if your not happy then sell it if you cant recoup some of your costs, but i fear a g or vr will be much more cost, ive been down this road many times

are you not driving this one though?

The paintwork is beyond dead - save up and sort out

The sunroof kinda works, ish - Get some VAG white grease and get lubing

The spoiler motor is dead - 10 a penny on here and eBay

The rear wiper is broken - Ditch the motor and arm. The rear wiper is useless anyway.

The bonnet catch is dodgy - Again, 10 a penny.

The heater gets colder as the engine gets hotter - Sounds like a valve, cheap enough fix.

I think go for it mate, you've had that valver for years and its served you well, but it sounds like the right time to move onwards and upwards, just make sure you take your time and buy the right G60!

If the cars mechically sound why not reshell it theres so many corrado breaking recently so next one that has a good body why not offer a few hundred pounds for the body and panels then rebuild your car from there you could recoupe some money by selling your panels. ps theres a sweet ass white one breaking at the mo :)

No offence to anyone on here. But I wouldnt throw 2k plus at a valver. Not when you can pick up a nice VR for 3k at the moment.

Sell the valver (as hard as that may be) get a VR or G60 and enjoy!

But saying all that I do agree with the others that you could probably tidy yours up for less than a grand. Heck you could even do the body work prep on your car yourself and get someone to spray it for £500

Matt

Well so far today ive managed to solve 2 of the problems on the list, so i guess trying to sort it out wouldnt be too bad. Its mainly the bodywork that is getting my goat, i think i just lost alot of love for it over the past 6 months or so, like with most things i probably just need to get it back. Throughout my car history ive always had a car for 6-12months and then got bored and bought another, i would very much like this car to be the one that i keep for a long while, ive had it 3yrs already.

I also have an annoying friend at work that puts expensive thoughts into my head, he's suggested that i look at tuning the engine if its the power of the G that im attracted to.

I also have an annoying friend at work that points expensive thoughts into my head, he's suggested that i look at tuning the engine if its the power of the G that im attracted to.

Stick a 1.8T in it????

I also have an annoying friend at work that points expensive thoughts into my head, he's suggested that i look at tuning the engine if its the power of the G that im attracted to.

Stick a 1.8T in it????

That would be a case of throwing alot of money at it. Im pretty sure a full respray, drivetrain upgrades, 1.8T and all associated work would take me well beyond what i'd want to spend

sounds like there is a lot of things runnning through your head!!

you have to work out what what you want from your car... is it better looks, faster or both??

if i were you i would probably buy a G60 or VR6 as i like a bit more speed than the valvers, BUT you will only end up spending a fortune in bodywork and mechanical things at the end of the day. Maybe just do the bodywork bits as you go on your car, get it looking and drving mint, enjoy it for a little while, then maybe an engine conversion could be on the cards in the future??

but dont give up on it because of a bit of TLC is needed... every car is going to need something done

Bodywork on my G60 gets me down at times, numerous car park dings, scratches, marks, usual war wounds of a daily driver.

BUT trying to be a bit more positive I can park it pretty much anywhere without being too worried about some numpty knocking it or the car hell of supermarket/multi-storey car parks. :gag:

Spending my dosh on the internals, no doubt one day I'll get round to the bodywork but at the moment the freedom to use my C every day and anywhere seems a bit more of a plus. :clap:

I say "upgrade" to a faster car G60 v VR6 debate in hand as you will want a more capable car speed wise soon enough, but remember it will not sort out your issues in your head, all Corrado's are jinxed each with their own faults etc and will require 3k spending on them lol.

Or as has been said 1.8T it, decent engine and QPE wiring kit and it can be done in a wknd for 2k that leaves 1k for a pretty reasonable respray, you dont need the kind of paintwork like you see in the mags or the immaculate finish the show cars have as you will live in fear whilst you own the car.

Well it sounds like you have really lost the love for your car. If I were you, I'd sort the the little bits, get it properly polished and sell it. You've had it for a while and an upgrade is on the cards, but as others have said, paint is always going to be an issue with any C. Just make sure you have budgeted for any bits that will need doing to your new car, there is usually something that needs fixing in these temperamental buggers.