Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

New Mclaren Supercar

Looks good and it will be interesting to see how it goes around the Top Gear track, especially with all the extra driver aids on it.

linky

:shock: :shock: :shock: looks awesome!!! hope you will be able to do a track day in it somewhere when it comes out 8)

Love the fact that everything is totally bespoke, I'm sure the quality and driving experience will be top drawer but find the styling a little bit too safe.

May have been deliberate due to the perception that all supercars are highly polluting eco disasters and a subtle look will give it a chance of blending into the background, personally I'd prefer a little more "edge" to the styling

So many supercars around that there will alsways be comparison drawn.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8245070.stm

Nice video find, gives a better ideal of scale with someone stood next to it.

I really like it, I think the styling whilst safe is not going to date as much as if they had gone for an out and out cutting edge more fashionable look.

The fact that the main chassis only weighs 80 kgs and that they didn't need to use carbon fibre on the body panels means there is room for a really light weight version if they want to go down that route.

It sounds, technically, like it's a tour-de-force... but I think unless it goes through some styling tweaks before launch, it's going to be a little bit of a letdown. Really needs to make a little more impact in the visual stakes IMHO!

looks ok but needs some better wing mirrors.

beat me to it, was wondering if they were going to use corrado wing mirrors again :lol:

I think it's a brilliant concept - takes it to where Lotus should have been by now!

12C is beautiful as it is and would make a lovely stablemate for an F1.

Is there enough room for a w/e bag?

It's got nothing on the F1, but i suppose its a 1/4 of the price. Twin turbo's :scratch:

I wouldn't say it's better or worse, but quite different from the F1.

It's more a high tech lean machine, having more in common with the intent of Honda's NSX.