Sign in to follow this  
stingman123

What do you all think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I'm pretty tempted, especially as these seem to be getting more and more rare. I've been without my Corrado now for 3 years (kids) and I've been given the green light go go ahead and get one, but I'm not sure what the going rate is nowadays! 3 years ago i would've jumped at this, is this still pretty decent value now? :shrug:

Yeah - there's a few examples in the For Sale section which are cheaper, which I'd go for over this... I couldn't bring myself to buy from TCS knowing how he's boasted (to me in person!) about how cheap he gets some Corrado's for and sells them on at a hugely inflated price!

I bought a car off him and I've been very happy with it indeed.

As for the car, it looks great and seems to have a nice spec, as with most Corrado's, I'd go and give it a good test drive first to make sure and give it a good check over.

I suppose its the usual case of supply and demand eh?

Yes I've seen the cars for sale here, but they all top out at over 100,000 miles. I've never dealt with this bloke before but he seems honest enough on the phone, I'm going for a test drive tomorrow, check electrics etc and if all seems well I'll probably go for it. Hopefully the extra initial expense will mean there's not a lot of work to be done on it.

Or I could go for the RX8!

I think there has been a lot of debate about prices lately, and at the end of the day it boils down to what work has been done to this car.

It's low mileage, does that mean it hasn't had any of the work on chains etc. that you'd normally expect to have done by now? If not, that's £6 for a low mileage car but one that you're going to have to spend more money on in the near future. Or you could spend less on a higher mileage car but one that's already had all that done recently.

I think there has been a lot of debate about prices lately, and at the end of the day it boils down to what work has been done to this car.

It's low mileage, does that mean it hasn't had any of the work on chains etc. that you'd normally expect to have done by now? If not, that's £6 for a low mileage car but one that you're going to have to spend more money on in the near future. Or you could spend less on a higher mileage car but one that's already had all that done recently.

/\ /\ /\

Exactly

I would want plenty of receipts for known Corrado 'problem areas' as well as the VW service history stamps

Way overpriced as has been said already.

Bear in mind that Coxy's R32 4x4 beast just went for only £8.5k, so factor in price of chains/clutch/bushes/suspension this example would soon have costed £8.5k

Makes this bog standard model seem ridiculously overpriced, even if it is a Storm (which lets face it aint a lot different from a regular VR anyway).

2p

I got my Corrado from him nearly 3 years ago now and can't really say too much bad about the car. However i would never buy from him again! I didn't know about this forum before i had my car but from the stuff i know now i can tell he really didn't know his stuff and he is just a salesman. Got told the normal stuff like he had someone coming to look at it tomorrow so he couldn't hold it etc and when i asked him questions about the car he couldn't answer them. He seemed like a nice guy but i'm not too sure about it now. I noticed a few bits of trim missing like the fuse cover and when i pointed them out he 'found' some bits and I noticed more after a while. He also sells corrado parts on ebay or at least did so check everything.

*Mod edit - comments removed*

My C came with a full MoT and 3 days after i picked it up i was using it on one of our gas analysers and the emissions were well out.

Over all i can't fault my car really it hasn't been any real trouble and is in really good condition but from what i have seen and heard i would deal with a forum member every time over someone like him.

Sorry if this puts you off, I would still go look at the car. Mine was fine bar a couple of things and hasn't let me down in 30k+ and don't regret buying it 1 bit but it is better to know these things before you go. It really does all depend on how good the car is.

Guys can we keep to personal experience rather than just 'hearsay' - there's nothing wrong with sharing your own experiences but just saying 'I heard X, Y or Z' isn't really fair, and as such i've already deleted a couple of comments.

And as for those who'd rather buy from the forum, I know what you're saying to a degree, but there have been a good few cars sold on here that have turned out to be much worse than described, you can't trust anyone when buying a second hand car so no matter where you buy a Corrado from these days they need to be gone through with a fine tooth comb before handing any money over, they're all at least 14 years old now! :)

Guys can we keep to personal experience rather than just 'hearsay' - there's nothing wrong with sharing your own experiences but just saying 'I heard X, Y or Z' isn't really fair, and as such i've already deleted a couple of comments.

Sorry about that, 1 of those comments was from what another member said about his car in a TCS Thread and the other was just an observation. Didn't mean to cause and problems.

However, i do agree that it is really down to the car, like i said mine has been fine but would also agree with JIM that he does charge a fair whack for the cars which compared to say on here seem well over priced.

However sometime the cars sold here seem far too cheap and seems that we are all devaluing the cars ourselves.

However sometime the cars sold here seem far too cheap and seems that we are all devaluing the cars ourselves.

I would tend to agree with that - the only way to get the prices up is to charge more for them. Once we all stop underselling our cars the prices will rise. I think Ziderapples car was a case in point - it went for £2.5k. Then Coxxy's superduper C only £8.5. It wont happen overnight but the risk is that some sheds will also move up the pricing bracket.

I would tend to agree with that - the only way to get the prices up is to charge more for them. Once we all stop underselling our cars the prices will rise.

I like that, it's completely true, we shouldn't have to drop prices to compete with the clueless sellers that don't appreciate what they have, not to put off potential owners but people are getting absolutely shafted when selling their C's at the moment and it's pretty much up to us to not let it happen

Personally I would prefer to buy from an active forum member, currently thats top money for a Storm

I agree. For that kind of money I'd want a perfect & verified service history, and fistful of MOT certs to verify the mileages and an engineers inspection. The bodywork should also be faultless at that money.

Way overpriced as has been said already.

Bear in mind that Coxy's R32 4x4 beast just went for only £8.5k, so factor in price of chains/clutch/bushes/suspension this example would soon have costed £8.5k

Makes this bog standard model seem ridiculously overpriced, even if it is a Storm (which lets face it aint a lot different from a regular VR anyway).

2p

I understand what you're saying but in my view you just can't compare the markets for 'standard' vs modified cars at all as they sell to very different markets. Originality and lack of modifications are far more important to a much larger number of punters than significant modifications. There will always be buyers for cars with wacky 4x4 conversions, turbos and TT dashboards (and possibly even battleships!) but most punters see that stuff and think (a) insurance nightmare (b) cost/complexity of maintenance.

A very VERY good original Storm can still make the kind of money being asked here IMHO, but the car has to be an excellent example. That said a top quality Corrado is never going to be the same as (for example) a historic Jaguar or even Type 2 Camper. It will be interesting to see if the price drops on the car linked in the OP through lack of interest...

I have to admit that the RS Focus for £8k on his stocklist makes a lot more sense to me than a £6k Corrado

I'm going for a test drive tomorrow, check electrics etc and if all seems well I'll probably go for itquote]

So! did you check out the TSC Storm, have a drive etc - I'd be keen to hear how it went - Cheers

That said a top quality Corrado is never going to be the same as (for example) a historic Jaguar or even Type 2 Camper

I wouldn't say that, it's just a waiting game. I remember when mk1's were all over the place, you could pick up a mint late gti for £1500, now it's closer to 6k! Although serious Jags go for serious money so we don't have a chance on that one.

Equally campers and beetles used to be rust buckets cluttering up the road, we all know what silly money proper ones go for now. I do agree on the modified versus standard debate, just not worth messing about with anything these days unless your selling to someone who directly appreciates the work you've put in. Even then there's an element of trust that the modifications are carried out to a proffessional standard. When mines up for sale I'm returning to standard and selling all the cool bits to lovely forum users who will appreciate them :D

I'm going for a test drive tomorrow, check electrics etc and if all seems well I'll probably go for itquote]

So! did you check out the TSC Storm, have a drive etc - I'd be keen to hear how it went - Cheers

I've rejoined the Corrado owners club! drives beautiful! He had all history, receipts, mot's, tax disk's!, V5 etc, body is spotless, leather is as new, not a mark on it, and also managed to knock off £500 :clap: :clap: :clap:

All I know is I'm one happy chappy, yeah he made some wodge, but it's his business!

out of interest did you happen to look round the one with 89k on the clock as i may be interested in it but its a bit far to drive to be disappointed many thanks

Yes it was there but already sold, he does have another one not listed as yet, he got it from the isle of man, not sure on the miles but looked in good nick, bit of a brownish colour, never seen that colour on a Corrado before! he is looking for a replacement headlamp before listing