Sign in to follow this  
vagman

Modified or standard?

Ok, got the corrado yesterday, VR6 standard apart from air filter In flash red! Could'nt bring myself to get out of it last night, as for mods i am going to keep it simple, going for coilovers and a stainless exhaust, i am even starting to warm to the original speedline alloys! Will post pictures up soon.

Its like the 16 million Euros worth of damage inflicted on new Volkswagens waitng at the port in Germany earlier in the year due to a hailstorm, most of those cars were factory ordered as opposed to stock vehicles - I wonder how many people were told that their nice new car had already had bodywork / paint damage corrected. There was talk of them being repaired and sold as "damaged repaired" but I never saw anything happen, I do know that some cars were so badly damaged that they were scrapped

I guy I work with was over there doing paintless dent removal on a lot of those cars.

He can earn £600 per day there.

For me, its got to be OEM+ . Keep body simple & motor fast

That's exactly what it's all about, correcting things that VW didn't quite get right, stuff that hasn't aged too well, or parts that were omitted due to cost

For me, its got to be OEM+ . Keep body simple & motor fast

That's exactly what it's all about, correcting things that VW didn't quite get right, stuff that hasn't aged too well, or parts that were omitted due to cost

:salute:

Ok , which looks better.

Although the modded one looks very good, I'd have to go original, or have one of each sorted :norty: . I am amazed though, when lowered how much wider cars tend to look :tumbleweed:

I would have thought the more original a corrado looks the more sought after they will become IMO, so for me i will be leaving it standard apart from sorting the boat like handling out and a new exhaust :grin:

Assuming you want a modified C, provided you look/choose carefully, it will always pay to buy fairly close to the spec you want.

Then tickle it to exactly how you want it.

In fact some people from the Channel Islands don't know how to stop tickling! :lol:

In fact some people from the Channel Islands don't know how to stop tickling! :lol:

Its just got to be perfect, the two things on a corrado that need changing are ride height & wheels.

For me a Turbo has well :lol: :lol:

Its just got to be perfect, the two things on a corrado that need changing are ride height & wheels.

Thats alright when you live on a pot hole free island over here the roads are a mess!! I need to move to Jersey :)

Thats alright when you live on a pot hole free island over here the roads are a mess!! I need to move to Jersey :)

You don't want to live here mate, there is pot holes and crap speed limits :lol:

really!! i take back my previous statement, i would have thought with less people living there, there would be no potholes!!

really!! i take back my previous statement, i would have thought with less people living there, there would be no potholes!!

Theres to many people living here is the problem , dam rock going to sink soon :lol:

My fun time is 2am , when the roads are all mine :lol:

For me, its got to be OEM+ . Keep body simple & motor fast :)

BBS CHs.JPG[/attachment:3anovnnq]

My new wall paper :D

:D i do like that shot

I would have thought the more original a corrado looks the more sought after they will become IMO, so for me i will be leaving it standard apart from sorting the boat like handling out and a new exhaust :grin:

Depends on how long you want to keep it or use it for. I personally like tinkering with cars and to me at the end of the day it is just a piece of metal and plastic. They are there to be enjoyed and I love driving mine. To me worrying about originallity is only worthwhile if you have a very rare car. Im for the keeping it relatively standard but trying to improve the oily bits.

I reakon from the outside at least the corrado is still one of the best standard looking cars on the road......In complete contrast I think its one of the worst shapes to try and modify, there are even some shady examples floating about on here :norty: .......anything more than a wheel upgrade does the C no justice !!

Buy standard all day long for me......and then make MINOR tweaks :grin:

Yes i'd always want to buy a standard example.

So I could modify it. :)

No I would not swap my tatty modded car for a mint standard example.

I love my car.