Yandards

The CF Forza 3 Race League, Final League Standing Pg 1

lol - awesome video clips, Yan! Have the lag issues settled down? Our first few goes were a nightmare!

The lag is now lots better from my perspective, after sorting the router ports out.

I reckon I won't be "popping up" and surprising anyone else now, a la Laguna Seca. :D

whats all this power vs handling all about!! lol, i jus got a better run out the corner cus i went wider into it and came out faster :D then put the power down too early on the corner before the straight :(

admitedly my corrado does still need tweaking handling wise but i have added all handling mods and then with what i had left added performance mods

whats all this power vs handling all about!! lol, i jus got a better run out the corner cus i went wider into it and came out faster :D then put the power down too early on the corner before the straight :(

admitedly my corrado does still need tweaking handling wise but i have added all handling mods and then with what i had left added performance mods

Excuses excuses! :D

Who's gonna be on this evening then?

I am now officially addicted! :grin:

I'll be on... i need to get a pretty competative C class car for laguna... it seems my corrado just does not cut the mustard... i'm running 1:39s at a push... if you want to have a couple races with c classes later?

I'll be on... i need to get a pretty competative C class car for laguna... it seems my corrado just does not cut the mustard... i'm running 1:39s at a push... if you want to have a couple races with c classes later?

Sounds good to me, I'll probably be on from around 730 this evenin...

lol - awesome video clips, Yan! Have the lag issues settled down? Our first few goes were a nightmare!

Thanks Jim, yeah lag all sorted, I too ended up opening a load of ports and mucking around with how I connect the xbox to the internet, as you can see from the videos everyone was nice and smooth bar Matt who has now fixed his problem.

Mincy, I think everyone is using a gamepad and they do take some getting used to, I have ordered a wheel and pedal set but it's not coming until early December.

Yeah knowing the tracks would help!

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely loving it but I've only ever had 2/3 goes on an xbox (never played a PS3) in my entire life before today so not really sure what i'm doing. Forza is agood place to start though, tried to play Call of Duty earlier and can't get on with the controls at all... time and practice is what I need now so watch this space. :clap:

Take off the driving line if you still have it on (but leave the braking line on for now). It gets too distracting as you try to stick to it exactly. Instead, try to make your own lines by looking at the map and seeing what corner is coming up. For adjusting yourself on a straight, small little taps of the controller is much better than one big correction as you will keep your speed and be less likely to overdo it and spin out. Just try to be as smooth as possible, like you would on a real track.

I have the braking lines on but i usually make my own lines up and only use them so i know where the corner is. I tend to concentrate too hard and attempt taking sharp corners flat out without the lines on lol. but i can't be doing with driving line though, you can easily get faster without using them!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Tuning really helps .................... especially when you forget to install anti roll bars :wave: :nuts: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Tuning really helps .................... especially when you forget to install anti roll bars :wave: :nuts: :lol:

Tuning does help but ARBs can be counter productive if your suspension is too low and hard.

Silverstone this Sunday, should be a good race although it's one of my least favourite circuits to drive.

I watched the replays the other night, and took a few pics whilst doing so.

It sounds like its going to be alot more competitive on Sunday as everyone is busy testing their car setups during the week, should be alot of fun!!!

Corrado92.pdfForza1.jpg[/attachment:28tn1u0q]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfForza2.jpg[/attachment:28tn1u0q]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfForza3.jpg[/attachment:28tn1u0q]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfForza4.jpg[/attachment:28tn1u0q]Forza5.jpg[/attachment:28tn1u0q]

Online racing is the way forward! and ive got every thing ill need for a night of online racing... :grin:

1. got my 12 month subscription finaly going[/*:m:18sj71co]
  2. got about 3 different rado set-ups all with different driving characteristics[/*:m:18sj71co]
  3. box of stella[/*:m:18sj71co]
  4. a carton of fags[/*:m:18sj71co]

LET THE TOURNAMENT BEGINE! (for me a least)

Online racing is the way forward! and ive got every thing ill need for a night of online racing... :grin:

1. got my 12 month subscription finaly going[/*:m:3667nlxg]
  2. got about 3 different rado set-ups all with different driving characteristics[/*:m:3667nlxg]
  3. box of stella[/*:m:3667nlxg]
  4. a carton of fags[/*:m:3667nlxg]

Thats the spirit! Hehehe

Looks like there's gonna be alot more people wanting to race this Sunday, anyone know if we are going ahead with teams or shall we have two hosts if we have more than 8 players!?

1. got my 12 month subscription finaly going[/*:m:229qmw1f]
  2. got about 3 different rado set-ups all with different driving characteristics[/*:m:229qmw1f]
  3. box of stella[/*:m:229qmw1f]
  4. a carton of fags[/*:m:229qmw1f]

Thats the spirit! Hehehe

Looks like there's gonna be alot more people wanting to race this Sunday, anyone know if we are going ahead with teams or shall we have two hosts if we have more than 8 players!?

It's going to be the guys on page one who are on for the whole race series that will be racing, if there are enough people left over who want to race then by all means try to get something similar going. We don't have double the numbers to do teams and I suspect people would want to race every week anyway.

1. got my 12 month subscription finaly going[/*:m:b1ltgwfv]
  2. got about 3 different rado set-ups all with different driving characteristics[/*:m:b1ltgwfv]
  3. box of stella[/*:m:b1ltgwfv]
  4. a carton of fags[/*:m:b1ltgwfv]

Thats the spirit! Hehehe

dont mind teams, it needs to be more organized if there are more people. I dont mind hosting if we have more people and im sure anyone with decent connection could host if we needed too get more involved. However, it may be best to stick to the 8 just now until later on, we'll need a closed thred i think (yan could sort that out) where the only info is the teams, season results, matches and other important info. without a structure we'll just end up getting confused all the time. Also we'll need at least 10 people on every Sunday else theres no point.

It's going to be the guys on page one who are on for the whole race series that will be racing, if there are enough people left over who want to race then by all means try to get something similar going. We don't have double the numbers to do teams and I suspect people would want to race every week anyway.

Sweet! Apologies for not reading the first page! Doh!

I guess if anyone want to race during the week or whenever we can post on here to ogranise....

I'll be working on some setups & paint tomorrow night, also need to check my damn router - cant use that as an excuse again! Hahahaa

Yan, do we have a results page?? abviously i got zero for the last race as i was absent but i was wondering if we could have a seperate closed thred for just the results and race info? or will you just be updating your first post?

sorry just read the first post..... :lol:

so was last sunday just a pracice then? sliverstone is the first race?

Yeah last Sunday was a few practice laps really, 1st race proper is 10 laps of Silverstone International Circuit this Sunday.

oooooooh exciting stuff haha, makes it so much more enjoyable when you're racing competitively in an organised fashion like this...roll on sunday

As I did last week, I'll put myself forward as substitute driver should anyone not be able to make it any Sunday. Unless we get enough for a second race league, which if someone tells me how to I would be willing too host. Complete noob to this, only just worked out how to get my headset working after some of you guys tried to talk to me on Monday night :scratch:

As I did last week, I'll put myself forward as substitute driver should anyone not be able to make it any Sunday. Unless we get enough for a second race league, which if someone tells me how to I would be willing too host. Complete noob to this, only just worked out how to get my headset working after some of you guys tried to talk to me on Monday night :scratch:

I will stick a race result up under after each race and a running league table of position.

I think there are about another 4 or so people that may well be interested in racing so if they can organise themselves then there is no reason they can't do the same thing and run another league.

The Hub, it's a little awkward having a stand-in for someone not playing unless they quit the series completely. My reasoning behind this is that if you end up taking someone out then it might have an impact on their race season and we don't need any excuses :D I know this sounds a little harsh but I am trying to be fair to everyone playing.

Hosting a race is fairly easy, you can play with all the options settings after going into the multiplayer mode to get it to do what you want and most of the options are self explanatory.

If we can get enough people together to run another league and they follow the same format as I have laid out then there is no reason we can't put the top 4 from each league against each other and the bottom 4 from each league too. This would make for more competitive racing which is more fun and we could even relegate the bottom 2 from the top series and promote the top 2 from the lower series.

Wish I had xbox live :(

But by the looks of the cars in the pics and videos there seams to be alot of contact between the cars

I thought it was racing not destruction derby :lol: