robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

IMG_1013.jpg

Also have a few bits and peices to fit , how long have i had that handbrake tunnel part ?lol. Pleased to have got hold of the plastic underside protectors ,as they are hard to find now [thanks matt]. And the wiper arms bracket will be another step forward to a cleaner bay .

Edited by robrado974

Well i have a few update pics . I had the rear smoothed two years ago and now going back to oem , well bar the weld / join , line . Unfortunately the bit where the roundle badge sits , was never going to be good enough to put the badge back in . So thanks to chaos30e who cut out the piece where the badge sits ,its now coming together . Hopefully i should have her back on wednesday . A few before and after pics .

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

Really looking forward to picking her up .

Rob

Its like waiting for christmas, til you can get your hands on the car again!

Looking good buddy, can't wait myself.

Thanks mate , yeah it takes a while to get done , be nice to have all the badges back in place , minus the holes as they are being stuck on . Hopefully back on Wednesday after a polish . You will be able to see her soon .

Looking good mate , tjats the only thing that would put me off , having to go to all that extent to get back to standard , although it seems you are doing a top job of it all

Thanks red , although I'm not doing the work , it's the body shop doing the proper job lol . I agree it's a lot of work to do when you change your mind 2 years later !

Yea it is , i do like both looks though bit can see why everyone always reverts to standard , i always try to keep my mods reversible wer i can , i changed my steering wheel not so long back but i just didnt like the fact that the cabin didnt feel standard with a new leather wheel in it , i think it lasted a week before i took it off

Think standard is best really , with a couple of tastefully done small mods , I put angel eye headlights in when I first got it , they lasted two weeks !!

At last i have her back home . Very happy with the way she looks now , apart from the weld/join line its oem . Ben has done a great job for me . All inside the boot has been treated as well .I repainted the vr badge as i was in need of something to do ,while the car was in the bodyshop.

I think the pics speak for themselves .

Rob

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

Really appreciate the comments , thankyou . A month seems a long time to wait when you don't have your car . There is only Ben in the body shop and an apprentice , he always has a lot on . He always does a great job and takes his time . His words to me were " I know it took a while but it has to be done right ". There's a big dub following down here and obviously he has a reputation to up hold .It did cost me £400 to put it back to how it should be , but it's worth it .

Was great to see the smile on your face when I dropped you to her! Looks good mate! Will haveto go for a WHHHHAARP! this week!

Weather is shocking mate ! . lets hope for some sunshine next week , gave her a wash today ........it rained twenty minutes later lol . With all the parts and bits we have ,we are going to be very busy over the winter time . Bit of tarp round the car port ,some light and a heater, endless cups of rosie and we will be fine bud .

Looking forward to having an inspection mate. I saw you the other evening driving but not close enough to see the paint job. Glad you're pleased.

True buddy, I've been working lots recently as I was asked to rescue a sinking ship of a job!

I'll see if I can finish early enough to pop over on the way home.

Have not updated this for a while .Mot and tax are due in october and november , but with the problems im having with it not starting at the moment ,not to mention the nights drawing in and the rain ,it looks like im going to sorn it for the winter . So the winter jobs are piling up already . I need to sort out the non starting first . Then the interior is coming out because of the squeaks and rattles ,it drives me nuts !,so i will be refixing with plenty of foam and new fixings . While thats out i can fit the handbrake tunnel kit i have .I also have new door handle kits to put on . I also need to have a look at the central locking as when you press the fob to open the locks ,it keeps locking itself . I picked up a powder coated arm that the wiper blades fit to , and a powder coated heat protector that goes over the abs pump . Ive fitted the new black ht leads which blend in nice with the engine bay plastics .Also ive nearly finished re rapping all the wiring . Ive taken a few pics of how she is looking at the moment .

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

Thanks for looking

Rob