Sign in to follow this  
rado94

whats happening to the c's

i live in berkshire and done bout 60 miles today drove through about 6 towns and spotted just 1 other corrado and thats 1 i always see as its a local so really i saw none.they seem to be dropping like flies,i had one 7 years ago and used to see quite a few then but now theyve all gone, dont get me wrong i love owning sumthing rare and wouldnt swap it for anything but its a real shame you dont see more. does anyone know how many are left in britain?

Ive only ever seen 2 other corrados driving about (other than on route to shows) in my year of corrado ownership so god knows where they're all being hidden! I think quite a few are getting broken for parts aswell which doesn't help!

i think alot have gone from daily car to weekend cars and dont get out as much as they used to added together with all the breaking and write offs

I have a list of about 30 that i have seen in my local area, I know that's pretty sad but interesting nontheless. The north west is where it's at :grin:

I think there are less and less of us who use them as dailys !

If the goverment had left the 25 year free tax rolling,instead of stopping it at "73"

There would be more left on the road instead of being broke ! :(

I've been driving to Gillingham, Kent from Ely, Cambs very regularly during the week for the past year and I've only ever seen 1 Corrado in all that time on the A10/A14/M11/M25/M2. Must be reduced to weekend activity now :shrug:

There's 3 of us in Bournemouth who all bought Corrados after seeing the others and loving it :clap:

We never get spotted though :cry:

Mine has been a second car for about a year now. I enjoy it much more as a weekend car rather than a daily driver.

I remember a few years ago going to work on the M25 and there were 2 other Corrado's so we started a mini-convoy :)

Yup, mine is now my toy, rather than my daily since getting a company car.

She's usually grumpy with me because I don't drive her enough, so breaks things just to make a point ;)

With the price of fuel and spares, I guess they aren't quite so practical these days?

Having said that, some sporty newer cars still have a poor MPG and the spares are even more expensive, so... :confused4:

I drive a 1.8 16V as a daily but then I'm old enough to get real cheap insurance and I have a few spares lying around in the garage should (when) things go wrong.

I drive a 1.8 16V as a daily but then I'm old enough to get real cheap insurance and I have a few spares lying around in the garage should (when) things go wrong.

That made me chuckle, Shaun! ;)

I drive a G60 as my daily and at the start of the year my mate and me drove from Dublin threw the UK over to Amsterdam, Nurburgring over to Paris back threw the uk and only when i got about 2km from home did we see another corrado 2 weeks and 3600 miles later. :D

Well my VR6 is 16 years old now and it takes some dedication and finance to keep them on the road (as I of all people know!)

How many Ford Sierras, or even Mondeos do you see out there? Not many, and they sold millions of those things. The Corrado was a pretty unusual car even when it was being made.

For me, the increasing rarity of the cars makes those moments when you swap a headlight flash with another Corrado on the road all the more heartwarming.

I've had mines for about a year and a half now and only ever seen one on the road. there is one which is parked up about 5 minutes from me but I've never seen it being driven.

As sad as it is that there isnt many on the road do you think this will push the value up of any that are left?? I wonder how many the DVLA have on record??

Well, here in Dublin, I've only ever met one other one on the road since I've got mine, and I drive it nearly daily.

And I know from shows and forums that there are at least 30 around, with a few more up for sale on various sites. I think we are at the stage now that the majority of cars need serious work to keep them going for longer, and many are being left sitting or being broken for parts - just check out the amount of breaking/parts for sale threads.

Well, here in Dublin, I've only ever met one other one on the road since I've got mine, and I drive it nearly daily.

And I know from shows and forums that there are at least 30 around, with a few more up for sale on various sites. I think we are at the stage now that the majority of cars need serious work to keep them going for longer, and many are being left sitting or being broken for parts - just check out the amount of braking/parts for sale threads.

were abouts in Dublin are you bud Im in Tallaght.

I commute 60 miles a day in mine with 167k on the clock and wouldn't change the bone shaking, fuel guzzling or maintenance for anything!

Totally agree; I can see the logic in keeping them as weekend cars etc but imo I like nothing more than driving her :cuckoo: . Once the new VRT has had its brake upgrade she will be used frequently but not for the daily commute too short a journey.

i wish i had 2 so i could use one daily, but i dont dare as someone wrote off my last one down the road in busy traffic... im over protective and dont want it parked in car parks etc if i can help it either... but i have drove it to work today and it reminds me of the days i used one as a daily :(

I touched on the idea of getting a second Corrado (8v etc) for daily use but one is enough for me. I also can't bear to let my Cinquicento that I've had since new go.

Last time I took mine out to work... it overheated! and stranded me for a few hours!

Kept saying to myself..

"Should have taken the Focus..."

Last time I took mine out to work... it overheated! and stranded me for a few hours!

Kept saying to myself..

"Should have taken the Focus..."

Did that because you keep "killing" other ones! :tongue:

If you think about it most UK road cars last around 10-12 years. Hence with Corrados being 14-20 years they're all on extended life now. Agree with comments about running costs - just thinking about 2010 wish list (assuming nothing breaks in the meantime).